Marc Bartra

DinhoR10

The only kind of person who can say varane is a world class cb is the same that thinks Cristiano Ronaldo is the best in the world....... A Madrid fan. And that argument that varane is a starting cb for France is bullshit because bartra has been playing better than Ramos AND pique lately. On form bartra and laporte should've been in the wc, and maybe Spain wouldn't of gotten roflstomped like varane did.

Sunny Mir

The only kind of person who can say varane is a world class cb is the same that thinks Cristiano Ronaldo is the best in the world....... A Madrid fan. And that argument that varane is a starting cb for France is bullshit because bartra has been playing better than Ramos AND pique lately. On form bartra and laporte should've been in the wc, and maybe Spain wouldn't of gotten roflstomped like varane did.

peju9use.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On Merit, Koscielny and Laporte should have been their starting CBs with Varane and Mangala as 3rd and 4th options, BUT, since France played with those players for some time, I guess they thought they would be better off sticking to it rather than making any last minute changes.

Butaan4barca

there's a lot of talk in this thread butaan valid argument is nowhere to be found

i ain't giving any. If you read my comments, it more like i am telling you he is th ebest in the world. Maybe not very evident, and proven by stats and argument. But when he does take the throne, he rightfully owns. Remember who told you that.

Butaan4barca

yes with them in competition, along with marquinos.

And: if laporte was potentially better than varane, zubi would've paid his clause and signed him on a piece of napkin before urrutiah could've moved a muscle. But he isn't.

38 m for a player potentially better than varane is a steal. Even 45 m would've been Real Steel.

Last edited:
L

linetty

yes with them in competition, along with marquinos.

And: if laporte was potentially better than varane, zubi would've paid his clause and signed him on a piece of napkin before urrutiah could've moved a muscle. But he isn't.

38 m for a player potentially better than varane is a steal. Even 45 m would've been Real Steel.
Man, what are you talking about. Zubi has not payed Laporte's release clause because he doesnt deal with Athletic.

I dont know if Laporte is better than Varane because I dont follow him much but you Vanarane fetish is getting really annoying. He's done nothing to justify that praises from you.

He looks weak in comparision with Bartra.

Vilarrubi

Man, what are you talking about. Zubi has not payed Laporte's release clause because he doesnt deal with Athletic.

I dont know if Laporte is better than Varane because I dont follow him much but you Vanarane fetish is getting really annoying. He's done nothing to justify that praises from you.

+1

Don't get this Varane hype.. He's been exposed plenty of times.

Neeraj

When Varane burst into the scene, he was undoubtedly touted as the best young CB out there, obviously because of his performance against Barca. He might have had a road bump along the way and declined slightly, but I wouldn't say he looks weak compared to Bartra. I mean apart from Barca fans nobody considers Bartra a world class player yet, and that's because he isn't, IMO. Let's hope this is the season he emerges as somebody people actually mention/fear, as I believe this is going to be his make or break season. He isn't a 'youngster' anymore, and I think this is the season we will come to know definitively whether he's our future CB starter or not.

serghei

That's about as exaggerated as saying Varane is the best in the world. Varane is clearly not nowhere near top 5 centrabacks right now, but to say he weaker than Bartra, when his market value is two times higher than Marc's is a huge stretch. I like the way Bartra is shaping up, but Varane was the starting CB for France in a WC QF, while Bartra wasn't even selected in Spain's squad. I rate Varane higher than Bartra for the time being, and pretty much every non-Barca fan would do the same.

L

linetty

That's about as exaggerated as saying Varane is the best in the world. Varane is clearly not nowhere near top 5 centrabacks right now, but to say he weaker than Bartra, when his market value is two times higher than Marc's is a huge stretch. I like the way Bartra is shaping up, but Varane was the starting CB for France in a WC QF, while Bartra wasn't even selected in Spain's squad. I rate Varane higher than Bartra for the time being, and pretty much every non-Barca fan would do the same.
Varane looks more promising but as far as it goes stricte for performances I'd pick Bartra 5 times out of 5.

JamDav1982

Varane looks more promising but as far as it goes stricte for performances I'd pick Bartra 5 times out of 5.

Varane is miles ahead of Bartra and is already one of the top CBs in the world when fit. He has everything and would be Barcas best CB by a distance.

Bartra has done NOTHING at ant level to get the praise he gets on here from some people.

Home of Barca Fans