Marc Bartra

barca7788

Nepali Cule
I dont know where the common consensus that Varane is better than Bartra came from because it's utter bullshit
and i am baffled that there are people who thinks bartra is better than varane.
i dont know how serious his injury is and how its gonna effect him in future but before that he was pure class.

Butaan4barca

#roflstomped

i can't even believe you give one single thing to make that big of a claiM : "that varane is not the best cb in the world, and hummels is better", astonishing.

By the way, just to argue, that was a foul, And if it wasn't for varane, hummel would've been totally free on that run. It was actually varane, mental presence and brilliant play to stick right to him and distract him as much as possible.

Hummels just got lucky there.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
i dont know how serious his injury is and how its gonna effect him in future but before that he was pure class.

He was still overrated because of his Clasico performances. And his seemingly recurring knee issues seem to be hindering his progress.

L

linetty

Burc-ZKIQAAAAc_.jpg

barca7788

Nepali Cule
well he was playing with knee injury or am i wrong? i would really like to know what his stats are before injury.
but nonetheless i am really happy lots are rating bartra high. i really hope he is.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
well he was playing with knee injury or am i wrong? i would really like to know what his stats are before injury.
but nonetheless i am really happy lots are rating bartra high. i really hope he is.

He wasn't playing with a knee injury per say, but he was injured for quite a while early on in the season.

Gnidrologist

I really liked him in these few pre season matches. Seems to have gained more confidence and composure. Haven't seen him make a mistake or being shabby even once. Also he's really good when joining the attack.

Neymessi

Even if you turn that stat into the per 90 minutes based metric, then Bartra still has better stats than Varane.

I agree that varane is overrated because of his classico performances but still he has some serious potential of being world class.

zanela

Butaan overrating Varane, and some culers doing the same with Bartra. I'm a believer in Marc's ability, and I've defended him plenty in the past. He still shows a lot of room for improvement, primarily his tendency to use his arms to stop his man, (already highlighted by Bojan in the past). He can be out-muscled by players half his size. Varane on the other hand doesn't 've any glaring weakness, but he does make mistakes which can be attributed to inexperience.

As for the gif posted: Hummels won the header clean and fair. Varane should 've shown more presence, but there is nothing wrong (and I've said this several times) in being upstaged by a superior and more experienced player. Drogba has done the same to him. See no point is using it to bash a young talent. One could as well use a gif of Bartra being beat by Mussachio for the header, and he's only a year older. In short, both Varane and Bartra are not finished products. And even though the former has a higher ceiling, its possible Bartra can go on to 've a better footballing career.

Home of Barca Fans