Marc Bartra

serghei

@DonAK, Fabregas is a world class midfielder. There is a difference between not fitting the way a certain team plays (debatable) and not being good enough to be a starter.

Bartra is a pretty good young player, but if you watch him carefully during a game, you can see he's not the finished product yet.

Cule4life

The Culest
@DonAK, Fabregas is a world class midfielder. There is a difference between not fitting the way a certain team plays (debatable) and not being good enough to be a starter.

Bartra is a pretty good young player, but if you watch him carefully during a game, you can see he's not the finished product yet.

Neither is Masch but he's still better than Bartra according to these ppl. Nobody is even claiming that he's flawless but the level to which he's underrated and mocked at seems like he's a poor man's David Luiz

serghei

Neither is Masch but he's still better than Bartra according to these ppl. Nobody is even claiming that he's flawless but the level to which he's underrated and mocked at seems like he's a poor man's David Luiz

Mascherano won a CL playing as a fullback. His experience and leadership alone make him better than Bartra. He has the height issue, but our problems with set pieces do not end with a taller CB. And I don't see Bartra as a strong CB in aerial duels. So, why should I play Bartra instead of Mascherano in a tough match. Is there room for Bartra in this team? Sure. Just not in the toughest games.

Ursegor

World Champion
Explain Sergi Roberto not being liked, Valdes every other month, and not to mention Fabregas who gets/got triple all hate.

Sergi Roberto is not particularly adored because he isn't Thiago, because the homepage had that stupid "patient midfielder" headline so when Roberto fails that headline failes = "the board" fails. Also he has 1 throughball in his entire Barca career to his name. The averageness is too obvious. But even then people wanted dos Santos gone but Sergi Roberto to be given a chance even though dos Santos is a much better player (also not Barca quality but much better than Roberto). Dos Santos actually showed some passing range as a deep-lying midfielder which dates back to Pep using him against Real Sociedad. Sergi Roberto is showing how to release the ball within milliseconds to the next guy standing to him.

Valdes is generally liked. He divided opinions because even with 31 he produced brainfarts which an experienced senior world class goalkeeper shouldn't do in such frequency (in 2 consecutive seasons against Real Madrid). But generally people will be quick to tell you that Valdes is the best GK in Barca's history, how he would be missed, Bonano, Rüstu etc. etc. The way he just quit might have also rubbed some people the wrong way.

Fabregas isn't liked because he left the team, had to be bought back for big bucks and didn't perform as expected.

What's the question regarding Bartra again? I said Bartra is liked because he's homegrown and Catalan which doesn't automatically translate to "all homegrown, Catalan players are blindly loved."

Ursegor

World Champion
He has the height issue, but our problems with set pieces do not end with a taller CB. And I don't see Bartra as a strong CB in aerial duels.

You are just a hater. Once Barca start to use Pique and Bartra and ditch Mascherano we will never concede from a corner again. EVER. Especially not when Bartra is the one marking. Promised.

:rolleyes:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Of course, I've said it before, Cesc is a fantastic player, but not for Barcelona IMO.

Just wondering why managers not picking Bartra = Bartra is not good enough doesn't automatically translate to managers picking and accommodating Cesc at any cost = Cesc is a superstar and fantastic player(for Barcelona).

Cule4life

The Culest
Mascherano won a CL playing as a fullback.

ImageMedium.ashx

His experience and leadership alone make him better than Bartra.

Yup experience and leadership which enable him to do this which Bartra cant even do in his sleep.

[Youtube]e-sTK_bhiO4[/youtube]

You are essentially saying ppl should be played based on their name and experience. So why has Courtois benched Petr Cech then?

He has the height issue, but our problems with set pieces do not end with a taller CB.

Yeah they wont end with taller defenders but it would be a much needed step to stop the bleeding from set pieces

And I don't see Bartra as a strong CB in aerial duels.

He's 100x better than this

Bartra may score a hat trick and make a hat trick of goal line clearances in the clasico and still Masch will be better cos he fits the "Barca profile"

Cule4life

The Culest
You are just a hater. Once Barca start to use Pique and Bartra and ditch Mascherano we will never concede from a corner again. EVER. Especially not when Bartra is the one marking. Promised.

:rolleyes:

I was wondering when you would resort to you get out of jail card of posting specific videos or gifs to argue your point :lol:
I could make a similar one for Masch but it would exceed the image limit.

Ursegor

World Champion
What else would I use? Unspecific videos or gifs? Maybe you prefer gifs of cats when talking about Barca's set piece defending.

Cule4life

The Culest
Sergi Roberto is not particularly adored because he isn't Thiago, because the homepage had that stupid "patient midfielder" headline so when Roberto fails that headline failes = "the board" fails. Also he has 1 throughball in his entire Barca career to his name. The averageness is too obvious. But even then people wanted dos Santos gone but Sergi Roberto to be given a chance even though dos Santos is a much better player (also not Barca quality but much better than Roberto). Dos Santos actually showed some passing range as a deep-lying midfielder which dates back to Pep using him against Real Sociedad. Sergi Roberto is showing how to release the ball within milliseconds to the next guy standing to him.

Valdes is generally liked. He divided opinions because even with 31 he produced brainfarts which an experienced senior world class goalkeeper shouldn't do in such frequency (in 2 consecutive seasons against Real Madrid). But generally people will be quick to tell you that Valdes is the best GK in Barca's history, how he would be missed, Bonano, Rüstu etc. etc. The way he just quit might have also rubbed some people the wrong way.

Fabregas isn't liked because he left the team, had to be bought back for big bucks and didn't perform as expected.

What's the question regarding Bartra again? I said Bartra is liked because he's homegrown and Catalan which doesn't automatically translate to "all homegrown, Catalan players are blindly loved."

Thats wrong on so many levels......

Thanks for telling us fans that we are so stupid that a "patient midfielder" headline is enough to shape our opinion of a player. Thats such a lame argument to justify that your "Catalan boy lovermania" among fans so conveniently doesnt apply in the case of Roberto. But you got one thing right that the averageness is obvious...

Fabregas wasnt liked because he didnt perform as expected? No shit sherlock.... So why isnt Bartra hated cos he isnt performing as expected according to you? And again give us fans some credit. Apart from some posters like FCBarca nobody says he's shit cos he went to Arsenal. They just say that he got to used to EPL and couldnt adapt to La Liga which makes much more sense than your argument of selective cule love for catalan boys

Valdes was criticised by many ppl consistently including me. Except for his last year many ppl said Barca could do with a better goalkeeper and that his zamora trophies were undeserved. But you conveniently ignore that cos that doesnt suit your argument. Yeah him leaving rubbed us the wrong way, but we are not stupid enough to judge his career based on that only

BBZ8800

end up captain by the time he's 28.

He can't be a captain.
He is Catalan and that's it.

He was scared to enter the field a few times 2 years ago.
He asked to be subbed a few times because he was scared and couldn't handle a pressure 2 years ago, even though we had no other available defenders on the bench at all.

After that he did a lot of mistakes, uses his hands too often when trying to take the ball and he isn't too strong, as Ursegor said.

Yes, people love him because he is young, he is a new/younger player/gem, and people are always biased towards younger players/talents.
He is handsome, he is Catalan, he loves the club.
But you can't give him extra points to his actual talent and ability because of that.

He is not a total crap, but he is far from a player how people are describing him here.
He is a 4th or 5th choice for 3 coaches in a row, that can't be a coincidence, he surely has some bigger flaws/mental issues.

It is questionable whether he will ever be a material to be a Barca starter.
And it isn't too likely that he will every be a captain.

He doesn't look act like a leader.
He is young, handsome, Catalan and he loves a team.

But it doesn't mean that he is a new Puyol or Baresi, how people often claim here.

SeloBarca

Posted similiar stuff over a year ago.
Mascherano is a ballwatcher. He has no clue whats going on behind him. His man to man marking is quite bad and he often have to save it with a glidetackle, which often is extremly risky.

BBZ8800

Don't really get the negativity and criticism he gets.

I am negative about him, from the same reasons why I don't "like" Alexis, Deulofeu and him (Bartra).

Alexis, he was a very good player, but posts by his "followers" how he delivers sex, how he is almost the greatest player who has ever walked on Earth, start to create negative feelings about the player, at least for me (and I guess for some other also).
If Alexis wasn't hyped that much from his fans, nobody would care, and I would always stay "neutral" about him.
He is neither awesome, and neither a total crap.

Deulofeu, also. The hype about him is insane, even though he hasn't done anything at a senior level yet. He is a huge flop for now (compared to what he could have developed into).
And posts how we should get rid of xx, yy, because Deulofeu needs to get his chance at Barca, makes you think: "Wtf? What he has done to get a chance and that we should kick some proven players because of him?"

The same is with Bartra.
Whenever a squad before a match is announced, majority of our fans post: "Oh my god, I want Bartra on the field."
Ok, but why not Pique? We won so many trophies with him. Why nobody mentions Pique, people just want Bartra (because he is a new guy, a fresh story, more interesting story, I guess). Nobody cries when Pique is benched.
Vermaelen? Not too many fans will write: "Omg, I want Vermaelen in the team." And not too many will cry if he won't play.

So, basically posts how Bartra is a new Puyol (which he'll never be), a new Baresi (Bartresi) and similar exaggerations create negative feelings about players who are too hyped and who are not as good as hype about them claims.

With Bartra:
1. if he plays well, people ask for him to be a starter all the time
2. if he doesn't play well, people will say that he was rusty and how he needs more regular playing time
3. if he makes a rookie mistake, people claim how all defenders make mistakes, so we can't blame Bartra either
4. if he makes a huge mistake, like against Bale, then people claim how he was injured and similar

Basically, if he does something good, he will be hailed for days.
And if he does something bad, people who love him will always find excuses.

So, lack of any objectivity and criticism and too much hyping, sometimes create negative feelings in some other fans.
Alexis and his sex delivery, Deulo as a new Messi/Ronaldo, Bartra as a new Puyol.

Disclaimer: I am a Barca fan, not a hater, but I can't buy every single story and hyping how all of our new/young players are a future goats on their positions.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans