Marc Bartra

ScoobySquats

Bartra should not start the clasico, he hasn't played enough games to warrant a start even though he is in my eyes the best choice. It will most likely be
Cross Machine - Midget - Ginger Smoker - Chipmunk
Although Bartra would be the best choice with Mathieu with Masch as a DM to help cover for him. Shame that Lucho hasn't let him play more considering Pique's constant brain farts despite being 27 and how much he has won in his career. Imagine if we had bought David Luiz and paired them...:satorra:

Neeraj

His playing time, his age, yada yada everything said and done, he has been with us for a few years now. I was always in the 'Start Bartra bench Pique' camp, but honestly, I don't think he is good enough. He seems an average player, and I think might go the way of Fontas.

Zangash

Banned
Bartra was poor on the goal but he still performed better than Pique throughout the game. Vermaelen is eternally injured and even I will begrudgingly admit that Mascherano should start as CDM.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Just give us this team Lucho and everyone will be happy well except Pique and RM:
Bravo
Alves-Bartra-Mathieu-Alba
Masch
Rakitic-Don
Messi
Suarez-Neymar​

serghei

Good game by Bartra, but the problem with him is that he is better with the ball than without it. That's not good for a CB.

abual3bed1

would love to see Bartra with more starts, but NOT in an away clasico.

When will he be ready "in your eyes" to start an away clasico? He's been a 1st team player for 3 years now, started a FINAL against the same team and scored while playing half fit in a piss poor team.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree, especially since Piqué is the one starting over him... I know the kid still has a long way to go, and it's still a doubt if he will ever make it, however he deserves a chance to grow, and honestly I don't think he'd be as bad as the poster boy...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
People can vouch for Pique on grounds for experience, history, and reputation all they want (factors that have nothing to do with true earned merit) but Bartra shits on him even though he himself is pretty bad right now.

Bartra is far more aggressive and assertive in the air than Pique who hesitates shyly away from headers regularly. He's faster and more athletic than Mr. Manboobs. He's more active in trying to stop a 1v1 than Pique who just gets shat on passively or gets harassed by Benzema just cause. And this is all despite the fact that Bartra is poor at standing his ground like a seasoned and tough CB or defending complex scenarios.

As some have said above, I don't really believe Bartra is the future of our defense. Regardless, he has earned a chance to be given some momentum and trust in hopes that he reclaims the trajectory he looked to be on in the first part of 13/14 unlike Pique who has gotten several chances too many with almost no future upside to look forward to.

Home of Barca Fans