Marc Bartra

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
i think there was a time when varane had a similar statistic of not fouling anyone. no one said that he ain't physical enough or that he is too nice, etc. this is hilarious

Well you know Varane is the 2nd coming of Maldini, Thiago Silva, Baresi, Nesta, Canavarro and Beckenbauer all in one while Bartra is like the Lord Bendtner of CBs

khaled_a_d

Well you know Varane is the 2nd coming of Maldini, Thiago Silva, Baresi, Nesta, Canavarro and Beckenbauer all in one while Bartra is like the Lord Bendtner of CBs

While I rate Varane really high,I thought RM fans hyping him for the non foul stat was stupid too.

André

Damn, Varane is so overrated and Bartra so underrated. Varane is mostly overrated just becuase those 2 goals against us.

Empty

Varane is like the best young defender in the last few years...

Overrated? How about Mamadou Sakho or David Luiz.

Antimadridista1

Varane is not over-rated.
Bartra is a very good centre back but he lacks confidence, physical strenght, and a little bit of talent, to reach the rank "world class" right now.
But I think that he has the potiental to become one of the best CB in Barca history.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
-Insert Varane vs Hummels GIF- #RoflStomped

One is a 21 year old young player while the other is a 25 year old seasoned star. Not to mention that Varane is faster and has better tackling skills. It's not like Hummels is invariably superior to him in the air anyway, the two are close enough in height and aerial prowess for it to largely be a matter of circumstance. If the two were to be up against each other in about 10 aerial duels I'd say Varane could win at least 3-4 of them (probably more when he hits his prime, his leap is extraordinary).

Varane was always a class talent at RM that went under the radar until his first MOTM performance in the Clasico when the hype started pouring in. I remember so many of you underestimated him and lol'd at the thought of a Varane-Carvalho center back duo when you didn't know about his ability but then he managed to put on a one man defensive show in a Clasico that hasn't yet been even close to matched. The hype came a bit too quickly during 12/13 and he was riddled with injuries for a while after that but he remains a world class prospect, far ahead of Bartra. He'd bench any single one of our CB's with no difficulty if he were to come here right now.

Paganinisrvnge

Varane is awesome but he also gets easily bullied by big strong players. Hummels completely destroyed him on that set piece at the world cup.

DinhoR10

One is a 21 year old young player while the other is a 25 year old seasoned star. Not to mention that Varane is faster and has better tackling skills. It's not like Hummels is invariably superior to him in the air anyway, the two are close enough in height and aerial prowess for it to largely be a matter of circumstance. If the two were to be up against each other in about 10 aerial duels I'd say Varane could win at least 3-4 of them (probably more when he hits his prime, his leap is extraordinary).

Varane was always a class talent at RM that went under the radar until his first MOTM performance in the Clasico when the hype started pouring in. I remember so many of you underestimated him and lol'd at the thought of a Varane-Carvalho center back duo when you didn't know about his ability but then he managed to put on a one man defensive show in a Clasico that hasn't yet been even close to matched. The hype came a bit too quickly during 12/13 and he was riddled with injuries for a while after that but he remains a world class prospect, far ahead of Bartra. He'd bench any single one of our CB's with no difficulty if he were to come here right now.

Mats-Hummels-Goal-vs-France-2014-World-Cup.gif

Didnt say he wasnt good, I just find this one moment in his career hilarious.

I just hate how varane is heralded as the jesus of CBs and theres this constant need to downgrade Bartra.

Is he better than Bartra? Yeah, he's faster and is a better tackler.

But Bartra is good and can dribble through an entire side so I like him.

Neeraj

At first I was quite confounded by these posts comparing Varane and Bartra. But now I have just accepted the fact that since this is a BarcaForum, it's nothing but case of sour grapes and bias. If you watch Varane play it is quite clear he is one of the best young CB in the world, and yes he would bench ANY of our CB's in a heartbeat. So i think it would be good if we accept that and move on.

D10S_JC

If Bartra is as good as Varane, no Barca fans will ask for buying new defender for so many years.

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Varane fucks up more than Bartra. Last season vs. Juve Varane didn't defend well enough twice. Hummels made Varane look like an amateur. Only time Bartra fucked up was against Bale. But Bale could run out almost anybody, but yeah.

I don't see how Varane is better than Bartra, maybe two years ago. But definitely not now.

Home of Barca Fans