Marc Bartra

khaled_a_d

He lacks speed for such position IMO ,may be against weaker teams but against tough opponents playing as a fullback will expose him massively

DinhoR10

Any other team and his performances last season and this season would have guaranteed him some mins, people keep on saying hes not that amazing or whatever and varane is starting etc etc, but its not Bartra's fault when he's clearly better than Pique atm yet he still doesnt get the game time.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He got decent game time tbf at least last few matches. Both him and pique got almost equal time i think. If pique fucks up this match he might lose his place permanently.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Any other team and his performances last season and this season would have guaranteed him some mins, people keep on saying hes not that amazing or whatever and varane is starting etc etc, but its not Bartra's fault when he's clearly better than Pique atm yet he still doesnt get the game time.

And Montoya. :lucho: either doesnt have the brains or balls to give them more minutes and i suspect its both

RightGuy

Bartra comments after the game:-

In his post-match interview with Canal+, Bartra spoke about the match and his own performance. “I’m very happy, we knew this would be a complicated match on a difficult pitch against a team that defends very well. We saw it at the Camp Nou and against PSG too. We’re coming away with a magnificent result. I’m satisfied with the work we did on defence and attack.” Bartra then spoke about the importance of Leo Messi and Luis Suarez and how they need to be in form for their next Champions League tie against PSG. “I’m very happy for Luis, he deserves it, he’s been keen to score from the first day and opening the scoring is important. Messi’s record is spectacular, all that he’s achieving. When those two are happy, we’re all a bit more positive. “The PSG match will be a good one, but tough as well. At the Camp Nou we will give everything to top our group. Every match is a world of its own. To win the maximum number of games is difficult but to try to win all competitions is what we must do. We will try to win them all and, if we play attractive football, everything will be easier for us.”

Kohe321

I really feel like he's improving by leaps and bounds for every month that goes by. He shows such a good spirit, hunger and attitude on the pitch, which is exactly what we need in this position - a player with real heart. His overall play has also been really impressive now that he's getting some regular gametime. I'm trying to remember back to a couple of seasons ago and compare it with how he's doing now, and it's like night and day. Great stuff, keep it up Bartra!

Egert

Estonian Culé
In 9 games (700 minutes) with Barcelona so far this season, centre back Marc Bartra didn't make any foul #fcblive [via @carles_domenech]

Kohe321

In 9 games (700 minutes) with Barcelona so far this season, centre back Marc Bartra didn't make any foul #fcblive [via @carles_domenech]

Great stuff! I also feel that he's done a good deal of ball recoveries as well, is this correct? He's been very confident and accurate in his challenges this season.

Home of Barca Fans