Marc Bartra

abual3bed1

Varane physicality sure helps him a lot. Plus playing next to actual defenders (a couple of retarded ones but still actual defenders). I was impressed by Bartra's timing against Apoel. He didn't put a foot wrong all night.

khaled_a_d

Damn, Varane is so overrated and Bartra so underrated. Varane is mostly overrated just becuase those 2 goals against us.

Well,there is some truth about that ,Varane is considered by some as best CB in the world right now,so in that sense he is overrated .Bartra isn't considered a player good enough for Barca bench by most non-barca fans though I think he is nice back up there so yes he is underrated a bit
But that doesn't mean Bartra is better ,he isn't .nothing against him but as many said if he was as good we would haven't screamed for a new CB

DinhoR10

Well,there is some truth about that ,Varane is considered by some as best CB in the world right now,so in that sense he is overrated .Bartra isn't considered a player good enough for Barca bench by most non-barca fans though I think he is nice back up there so yes he is underrated a bit
But that doesn't mean Bartra is better ,he isn't .nothing against him but as many said if he was as good we would haven't screamed for a new CB

This is false, ofc we would've screamed for a new CB, Barca fans last season were a bunch of cry-babies too attached to some fantasy of a perfect team that never lost any game (A team we never had). One CB doesnt make a defense. Defending is infinitely different from attacking, illustrated in 2012 by the fact that the best CB in the world, thiago silva, and his three partners in defense got owned by a one legged messi. Defending is about discipline and tactics, not highlight reel tackles. Those tackles look good and may save a team in one particular moment but over 90 mins they are unimportant when compared to the collective defensive work of the team. So no I don't think Benetia or Marquinhos or Varane would've made our defense invincible like some here, compared to last season they would've made us better in the air and against fast players, all of which Matheiu has done for half the price.

zanela

It was Serghei (?) who summed up Bartra perfectly. Good on the ball, but not so much without it, and thats never a good thing for a defender.

The truth is if Varane was Barca property and Bartra madrid's. Posters here would be ridiculing the latter for his very glaring weaknesses, and hyping up the frenchman 10 times more than he's been by the madridistas.

Its funny how Varane's only unflattering moment thats always brought up was up against one of world's best, whilst Bartra has been at the end of several, except against lesser and players half his size. Only recently his feeble self was shrugged off by the Ajax player for their goal.

Bertus

It was Serghei (?) who summed up Bartra perfectly. Good on the ball, but not so much without it, and thats never a good thing for a defender.

The truth is if Varane was Barca property and Bartra madrid's. Posters here would be ridiculing the latter for his very glaring weaknesses, and hyping up the frenchman 10 times more than he's been by the madridistas.

Its funny how Varane's only unflattering moment thats always brought up was up against one of world's best, whilst Bartra has been at the end of several, except against lesser and players half his size. Only recently his feeble self was shrugged off by the Ajax player for their goal.
What's scaring about Varane is his injuries.

That's something discussed in France, because it's well know he has knees problems, and that is something worrying when such problems start when a player is so young.

Butaan4barca

At first I was quite confounded by these posts comparing Varane and Bartra. But now I have just accepted the fact that since this is a BarcaForum, it's nothing but case of sour grapes and bias. If you watch Varane play it is quite clear he is one of the best young CB in the world, and yes he would bench ANY of our CB's in a heartbeat. So i think it would be good if we accept that and move on.

thanks for repeating my words

zanela

What's scaring about Varane is his injuries.

That's something discussed in France, because it's well know he has knees problems, and that is something worrying when such problems start when a player is so young.

When injuries impede a genuine talent from realising his full potential, it's a loss to the sport (any sport for that matter). So I sincerely hope he can overcome his injury issues.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

+1

Struggling physically against beasts like Hummels, Drogba, etc. isn't the same as scared-shitless defending with hands against the likes of Rayo, Almeria, Celta, and Ajax. Barca bias is very massive.

DinhoR10

Love to see youth doing well, Bartra had to carry the torch for La Masia during the dry spell, now he's blossoming into a fine player.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Bartra: playing as right back? I do what the coach asks me. It's a position I like, i played there in training.":[barcastuff]

RB problem solved :)

Home of Barca Fans