Marc Bartra

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bartra is a good player. Very good back-up to have. Usually always does his job well when called upon. Some of us including me may have expected way too much of him and perhaps rated him too highly.

That said those belittling him and playing him down are wrong too. A player plays sparingly, but does quite well whenever he plays. What more do you want?

Some people are just unbelievable.

Agreed. It's similar to the situation with Pedro, tbh. He does his job, most of the time, when called upon. So why the hate?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Bartra is a good player. Very good back-up to have. Usually always does his job well when called upon. Some of us including me may have expected way too much of him and perhaps rated him too highly.

That said those belittling him and playing him down are wrong too. A player plays sparingly, but does quite well whenever he plays. What more do you want?

Well said.

JamDav1982

This is typical of how debates develop on here.

No one is belittling Bartra. People are responding to those who think Bartra has been hard done by and should have been playing more.

This happens all the time

1. Player gets high praise
2. Others dont agree that high praise is warranted
3. People praising the player change argument and make out people are 'hating' on that player.

Happens all the time and has just happened again in this thread.

BBZ8800

Agreed. It's similar to the situation with Pedro, tbh. He does his job, most of the time, when called upon. So why the hate?

DonAk probably talked about me.
Anyway, I said once, I don't hate Bartra and similar players.

I am personally annoyed when fans hype some player too much, who imo, don't deserve THAT amount of hype.
So, posts like:
= Bartra is good
= Bartra is a good squad player
= he did well etc
=> those are normal and reasonable posts

It is hard to explain, but I get annoyed with posts like: "Bartresi", "the next Puyol", "the best young defender in the world" etc, while imo, the player is just an average or good player.

Bartra is having some sort of cult following, the same as Alexis last Season.
For example, when you see our lineup, some fans are replying: "Don't worry, Bartra is playing"
So, our 3rd or 4th choice Cb is playing, and that is the most important thing about the upcoming match?

So, these kind of posts personally "forces" me to exaggerate in trashing some of our players, to bring back "the balance" after posts from cult-followers who are exaggerating with an insane hype.

So, my apologies if my posts annoy some users.
Cheers

Gnidrologist

But again, your post sounds as if we were some average European club.
Not average on European scene of those days. Average compared to Pep's or current Barca. Barca of 00s would be trashed by the later.
That is subjective.
If I were a coach, my choices would be probably 1. Pique 2. Masch 3. Mathieu/Vermaelen 5. Bartra
Which in turn is also subjective and shows that you're just a biased as you claim others to be.
Bartra is good, but I personally don't trust him.
He rushes to make a tackle, he leaves a space behind him.
It works against teams like Levante.
Bigger teams can easily exploit that, drive him off his position and get alone with our keeper after 2-3 precise passes.
Mathie is a lot worse at this. Did you see him against PSG away or Valencia away? He has shit acceleration and constantly makes late reckless tackles because of that. He panics on the ball like Pinto, often giving it away leading to danger. And he is supposed to be accomplished and experienced player. Bartra's rush decisions can be quelled by coaching and experience, Matie's (seriously, i can't spell that guys name right) flaws are incurable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I didn't mention or talk about anyone specifically.

Just that whenever it comes to Bartra, every time I enter this thread I see one side hyping up Bartra too much and the other side responding by making it seem like he is doing nothing good.

You could say it's two extremes.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
DonAk probably talked about me.
Anyway, I said once, I don't hate Bartra and similar players.

I am personally annoyed when fans hype some player too much, who imo, don't deserve THAT amount of hype.
So, posts like:
= Bartra is good
= Bartra is a good squad player
= he did well etc
=> those are normal and reasonable posts

It is hard to explain, but I get annoyed with posts like: "Bartresi", "the next Puyol", "the best young defender in the world" etc, while imo, the player is just an average or good player.

Bartra is having some sort of cult following, the same as Alexis last Season.
For example, when you see our lineup, some fans are replying: "Don't worry, Bartra is playing"
So, our 3rd or 4th choice Cb is playing, and that is the most important thing about the upcoming match?

So, these kind of posts personally "forces" me to exaggerate in trashing some of our players, to bring back "the balance" after posts from cult-followers who are exaggerating with an insane hype.

So, my apologies if my posts annoy some users.
Cheers

No. No, your posts aren't annoying. I apologize if that's the message that came across.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i think bartra should be pique's rotation option and mathieu masch's rotation option. also never play bartra and mathieu together.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I didn't mention or talk about anyone specifically.

Just that whenever it comes to Bartra, every time I enter this thread I see one side hyping up Bartra too much and the other side responding by making it seem like he is doing nothing good.

You could say it's two extremes.

just like the good ol days :cesc:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thats pretty much what it is just now.

that was aimed at people wanting bartra as a starter and also explaining that i don't think bartra and pique should play together (or masch and mathieu). using that system the pairing is at least decent and the players complement eachother.

the system right now is good and that's one of the reasons we are doing well defensively.

Home of Barca Fans