Marc Bartra

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Funny that, after all these years, our starting CB pairing is still the one that started in Wembley 2011.

Well, the ones in charge of the club have never bothered getting a WC CB in. Always obsessed with one player which we waste the entire transfer window on.

And when we get a couple, one of them is an almost 30 year old with a horrible injury record, and a player the medical staff adviced we should not sign.

That's how we roll. What do they say, YOLO or whatever.

Kuchi

He should get more games in la Liga, especailly with the UCL starting, he's looked solid most of the time and he's our best bet as the 2nd CB for next year.

EdmondDantes

I think he is a very good centre back, he's got the talent, just not the experience which by now he duly deserves. Lucho should be giving him a lot more playing time.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I think he is a very good centre back, he's got the talent, just not the experience which by now he duly deserves. Lucho should be giving him a lot more playing time.

I agree.

You can see the difference between a bang average player (Montoya) and a player that has the potential to be an amazing player (Bartra)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Loved watching those highlights KM.
And he's been great. Those kind od matches where we push high and have 70+ possession suit Bartra best.
Not sure about chaotic match-ups like those vs. Atleti though.

pacp_96

Montoya was once seen to have more potential. Things can easily change.

True. But I meant at this point in time. Many kids aged 15-20 are built to be future world stars. These two are at a later stage of development. Montoya is looking average-below average and Bartra is looking like he can become a really good CB.

Stric

Montoya was once seen to have more potential. Things can easily change.

While I do agree that the excitement about Montoya died out abruptly, we should also mention that for a long time, Bartra was not seen as a very promising prospect. Impressions change easily and quickly.

anguy

While I do agree that the excitement about Montoya died out abruptly, we should also mention that for a long time, Bartra was not seen as a very promising prospect. Impressions change easily and quickly.

CBs need more time to mature, though. While there are some young good CBs, most of them reach top level only post 24 years. FBs on other hand are either great when young or not at all.

Zangash

Banned

Bartra has put in a noticeable amount of hard work, though. I remember when all we heard about him was how he needed to get some meat on his bones if he wanted to play for the first team. Then there's the story of Suarez trying to show up hours early to impress the coaches only to see Bartra running laps. I don't see Montoya putting in that kind of work, tbh. Not in what I'm seeing personally, but in what I'm seeing in how they play.

pacp_96

Bartra has put in a noticeable amount of hard work, though. I remember when all we heard about him was how he needed to get some meat on his bones if he wanted to play for the first team. Then there's the story of Suarez trying to show up hours early to impress the coaches only to see Bartra running laps. I don't see Montoya putting in that kind of work, tbh. Not in what I'm seeing personally, but in what I'm seeing in how they play.

Didn't know about that. Nice on Marc, what a legend :thumbsup2:

Home of Barca Fans