Marc Bartra

BerkeleyBernie

He was pretty careless for the penalty. Granada player took advantage of it.

I wouldn't say careless. I think he underestimated the young quick talented Lass, who, from the looks of it, looks like he'll be eventually heading towards first team play at a top club.

L

linetty

I wouldn't say careless. I think he underestimated the young quick talented Lass, who, from the looks of it, looks like he'll be eventually heading towards first team play at a top club.
Definitely underestimated this little fella. Lack of experience obviously, maybe lost his focus abit as well.

Good game overall.

F

Flavia

That move, inside the penalty area, is like asking for the rival to try to milk a penalty. And it's usually given.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Didn't see the game live, but I'm re-watching the game now and in the first half Bartra was one of our best players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He would be a great rb. Has the techique, likes to go forward, decent tackling, can give a killer pass.
If Vermaelen recovers, he'd basically take Bartra's minutes as backup cb next season while Bartra goes full RB.
We wouldn't even have to buy anyone.

barcanuck

He would be a great rb. Has the techique, likes to go forward, decent tackling, can give a killer pass.
If Vermaelen recovers, he'd basically take Bartra's minutes as backup cb next season while Bartra goes full RB.

We been screaming to try this guy at RB since last season. Sadly won't happen as long as Dani boy is around.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

Bartra as an offensive full back replacing Dani? Don't see that happening. On the other hand Bartra would excel being a right centreback in a 3 man defense.

Zangash

Banned
Bartra as an offensive full back replacing Dani? Don't see that happening. On the other hand Bartra would excel being a right centreback in a 3 man defense.

Bartra as a DEFENSIVE full back.

It's not like Dani brings much to the table outside of a mostly imaginary linkup with Messi, but having a solid defender on the right side would do wonders for us. Even on Bartra's penalty, a defensive RB would have solved that problem before it even manifested.

André

And yes, Bartra has offensive qualities, would be great as a RB. His best game vs PSG was at that position

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Yes please. Would love to see him play as a RB been wanting Lucho to try it all season but he hasn't so far. We would go back to having one more defensive full back and one attacking full back.

BBZ8800

Bartra as a DEFENSIVE full back.

It's not like Dani brings much to the table outside of a mostly imaginary linkup with Messi, but having a solid defender on the right side would do wonders for us. Even on Bartra's penalty, a defensive RB would have solved that problem before it even manifested.

We are Barca.
In 80% of matches, our main concern is how to score Goals and break the defense and NOT how to have even stronger defense.

We are losing more points (and titles) with 0:0 draws against poor teams (where we couldn't score) than in matches when we lose 0:3 or 2:3 and where we needed a better defense.

So, with a more defensive minded RB after Alves, we will probably be overally weaker than today in terms of points over the whole Season.
In our team, a RB probably attacks and links up with attackers 75% of time, and defends 25% of time.

So, if Bartra is a better defender than Alves, that doesn't mean too much in 80% of matches where we control the game, attack all the time, and need to score 1-2-3 Goals.

Bartra on one flank, and a headless chicken Alba on the other side, doesn't sound like a too good recipe for winning more points than Real in La Liga.
That could be a good recipe in big matches.
But not against teams like Celta or Malaga at Camp nou, or against Elche, Granada and similar team in away games.

Last edited:

Kohe321

I like this idea, it would certainly be the most defensively sound RB we have had in years, and as you say, his passing is very good going forward. His recent assist to Messi was a good example of that. It would ensure him pretty much a starter role in the team as well, and he needs to play a lot now going forward - he's 24 after all.

We should buy a backup for him though. Not sure I trust Montoya if he gets injured. Or wait what am I saying, I completely forgot about Douglas... ;)

Home of Barca Fans