Marc Bartra

Alen

He starts at Barca and in my opinion is would be one of the best two CBs at Arsenal, Man City and possibly Bayern.

All depends on the managers at the clubs at that moment but dont think it is as straightforward as saying he wouldnt be a CB at any other top club.

The thing is, he would get murdered as a CB in the EPL. No top team there would put him as a CB.

JamDav1982

The thing is, he would get murdered as a CB in the EPL. No top team there would put him as a CB.

I think they would.

There is not as big a gulf in EPL being hoof ball and Spain all passing as people make out.

Most teams play one CF with two CBs covering that one player. Masch for a lot of the time wouldnt man mark and even then for lack of height he brings things that the like of Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City lack badly.

Alen

Yeah i get that but the offensive play of almost every team there is based on what he lacks the most. I think they sacrifice quickness and good passing(majority of cases) for the sake of height and strength. One is great to have, the other is essential.

JamDav1982

Yeah i get that but the offensive play of almost every team there is based on what he lacks the most. I think they sacrifice quickness and good passing(majority of cases) for the sake of height and strength. One is great to have, the other is essential.

There is barely a difference in passing stats of EPL and La Liga teams out with Barca these days.

Who knows but I think he would improve the CB pairing in almost every EPL team.

What those teams seem to struggle with is the smaller technical players rather than the big strong ones. Just look at them in europe.

Alen

There is barely a difference in passing stats of EPL and La Liga teams out with Barca these days.

Who knows but I think he would improve the CB pairing in almost every EPL team.

What those teams seem to struggle with is the smaller technical players rather than the big strong ones. Just look at them in europe.

I agree. Every "pretty good" small player becomes great in the EPL.

DinhoR10

He makes an ill-judged tackle because of our lackluster RB and he's back on the shit list and the talk of varane being the second coming of maldini comes back. Nobody's perfect.

So i'll just leave this here
Matt-Hummels-goal-against-France-b.gif

JamDav1982

He makes an ill-judged tackle because of our lackluster RB and he's back on the shit list and the talk of varane being the second coming of maldini comes back. Nobody's perfect.

Why does Alves make Bartra make and ill judged tackle?

Alves was poor to let the winger go past too easily but once that has happened it make no difference to the situation Barta is in.

Really poor excuse to start blaming other players for that Barta challenge.

People just need to accept ALL players make mistakes and Barca CBs will be left exposed to make as many as any other club.

Zangash

Banned

Varane gets owned like that quite often, from what I can see. I remember him against Juve last year. At fault for both goals in an important CL game. If Bartra had a game like that he'd be out on loan right now :lol:

DinhoR10

Why does Alves make Bartra make and ill judged tackle?

Alves was poor to let the winger go past too easily but once that has happened it make no difference to the situation Barta is in.

Really poor excuse to start blaming other players for that Barta challenge.

People just need to accept ALL players make mistakes and Barca CBs will be left exposed to make as many as any other club.

You just said the same thing I said.

BARTRA made the ill-judged tackle. He was left exposed but he still made the mistake. Just like every other Barca CB in the history of tiki-taka. Therefore I don't believe he should be labeled "not good enough" just because of that one mistake. Thankfully coaches don't make judgments so willy nilly else Pique would have been sold in janurary.

BBZ8800

This video is from France:Germany, Germany are world cup winners.
Bartra usually plays against bottom table teams and still make a lot of mistakes.

When he played against Bayern or Real, he usually made crucial mistakes.
But then, our fans reply that he is young etc (which he is).

But again, nobody outside our forum rate Bartra too much.
While Varane is recognized as an awesome player by almost all football fans.

I don't think that Bartra would play too well against Germany, for example...

JamDav1982

You just said the same thing I said.

BARTRA made the ill-judged tackle. He was left exposed but he still made the mistake. Just like every other Barca CB in the history of tiki-taka. Therefore I don't believe he should be labeled "not good enough" just because of that one mistake. Thankfully coaches don't make judgments so willy nilly else Pique would have been sold in janurary.

Who has said that he is not good enough from that one tackle?

Genuinely have not heard anyone saying that.

DinhoR10

This video is from France:Germany, Germany are world cup winners.
Bartra usually plays against bottom table teams and still make a lot of mistakes.

When he played against Bayern or Real, he usually made crucial mistakes.
But then, our fans reply that he is young etc (which he is).

But again, nobody outside our forum rate Bartra too much.
While Varane is recognized as an awesome player by almost all football fans.

I don't think that Bartra would play too well against Germany, for example...

F

Flavia

This discussion about Bartra probably has been going for 2 or 3 seasons now. He hasn't evolved much. And I love him, used to think he would reach Pique's level, but not anymore.

Home of Barca Fans