Marc Bartra

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This forum treats him like he's a baby. He's good for his age. He's 24 not 18. He makes juvenile mistakes and looks like he's on the verge of tears at the slightest bit of pressure. No thanks.

This is 2015, not 2013.

Pique and Masch are still sure starters though simply because they're better.

DinhoR10

Thiago also didn't start because he had Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc in front of him. Doesn't mean he didn't have enough potential. Bartra has Mascherano who just played a world cup final and was hands down the best defensive player in the tournament and Pique who is now better than he was when he won the World cup and Euro. Even with the lack of opportunity he still plays well whenever he steps on the pitch and his mistakes can be chalked up to lack of game time, not lack of ability.

Alen

Again, he is not a prospect anymore. We shouldn't be talking about potential, either he's good enough to start or he isn't. Mascherano is excellent but he wouldn't start as a CB in any top team.

Alen

I would say Masch improve the CB situation for Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool possibly even Bayern as Pep loved him and thought him his best signing.

Man U and Liverpool are not top teams actually and even Mathieu would start at Arsenal. Bayern i can understand, but he wouldn't be a sure starter.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I would say every team but Real. Maybe it would also be tough take the spot besides Boateng. Apart from that Mascherano would play in every team.

Richard.H

I never knew that Marc was older than me. I seriously thought he was 21 or 22.

He's already 24 and honestly (I hope I don't insult people here) I think Varane is better than him. Kinda sucks but it's true.

I think Bartra would be a top CB for 4 star teams (Arsenal, Sevilla, etc.) but I doubt he would be as great as Pique was for Barca. That's not to say that Bartra is bad. I just think that he will have a very hard time reaching the level of other top CB's that this club had in the past.

JamDav1982

Barcelona, Madrid, Atletico, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Dortmund.

He starts at Barca and in my opinion is would be one of the best two CBs at Arsenal, Man City and possibly Bayern.

All depends on the managers at the clubs at that moment but dont think it is as straightforward as saying he wouldnt be a CB at any other top club.

Home of Barca Fans