Marc Bartra

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I know he does. That's why I'd play Pique-Mascherano in the clasico at all costs. I'd even play without a classic DM, after all Madrid will play without one as well most likely.

If Mascherano played as CB, then RM would just send cross after cross for Ronaldo and Benzema to exploit Mascherano's height, Mathieu with Pique for me.

JamDav1982

If Mascherano played as CB, then RM would just send cross after cross for Ronaldo and Benzema to exploit Mascherano's height, Mathieu with Pique for me.

Masch in the 3-1 defeat earlier in season was an brilliant. He must have stopped double figures of Reals breaks.

By far the best defender for Barca that day for me.

serghei

We're kind of good at defending crosses lately and that has little to do with height. Plus, crosses are the sign of positional attacking and set pieces. There are very few crosses being made while on the counter. I doubt Madrid will dominate us at Camp Nou.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Masch in the 3-1 defeat earlier in season was an brilliant. He must have stopped double figures of Reals breaks.

By far the best defender for Barca that day for me.

And he'll do the same playing as DM, remember, we haven't lost a single game then Mascherano played as DM:)

G

Gasgas

We're kind of good at defending crosses lately and that has little to do with height. Plus, crosses are the sign of positional attacking and set pieces. There are very few crosses being made while on the counter. I doubt Madrid will dominate us at Camp Nou.

They did the last time
In the 4-3 win di maria made five/six accurate crosses to benzema two of which he converted
Last game ronaldo sent a cross to Hamez that he headed wide, benzema headed one to the cross bar
And again Masche has a tendency to make blunders in big games

serghei

They did the last time
In the 4-3 win di maria made five/six accurate crosses to benzema two of which he converted
Last game ronaldo sent a cross to Hamez that he headed wide, benzema headed one to the cross bar

The 4-3 was on Bernabeu. This is on Camp Nou, our fans, our grass, our field, our home. May not sound like much, but it's all the difference in the world. On the 2-1 on Camp Nou, do you remember Madrid dominating us with their height?

JamDav1982

They did the last time

Masch has had far more MOTM performances in big games than blunders.

People say this all the time then struggle to name more than 2/3 big game blunders in 5 years.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Still it's ever present danger from RM, Benzema, CR, Ramos always dangerous in the air.

Zangash

Banned
He cant struggle to clear ball all that much, he gives it away less than Barta. In terms of passing % and in turn overs.

Mathieu played really well against Rayo last week and has picked up a bit recently.

Either playing will be weaker defence.

Does a botched clearance count as a giveaway? Trying to clear the ball and seeing it awkwardly bounce to an unprepared Dani Alves may not be a "giveaway" per se, but it still sees us under pressure we shouldn't be in.

Playing well against Rayo when we won the game by at least 5 goals before the first half even started does not impress me. Eibar are just one spot below them on the table but put up a much stronger threat and played slicker attacking football that actually made our CBs work. Had Rayo put up that much of a fight instead of putting their faces directly into the barrel of our shotgun perhaps saying he did well by getting a headshot would actually be impressive.

And either player will be weaker than what, exactly? Mascherano has to play DM, so Bartra and Mathieu are our only options, unless you wanna do something crazy like a 3 man back line, but even then, such a formation would demand all four of Pique, Mathieu, Bartra, and Masche play.

JamDav1982

Does a botched clearance count as a giveaway? Trying to clear the ball and seeing it awkwardly bounce to an unprepared Dani Alves may not be a "giveaway" per se, but it still sees us under pressure we shouldn't be in.

Playing well against Rayo when we won the game by at least 5 goals before the first half even started does not impress me. Eibar are just one spot below them on the table but put up a much stronger threat and played slicker attacking football that actually made our CBs work. Had Rayo put up that much of a fight instead of putting their faces directly into the barrel of our shotgun perhaps saying he did well by getting a headshot would actually be impressive.

And either player will be weaker than what, exactly? Mascherano has to play DM, so we've got no Bartra and Mathieu are our only options, unless you wanna do something crazy like a 3 man back line, but even then, such a formation would demand all four of Pique, Mathieu, Bartra, and Masche play.

Yes a botched clearance will get counted.

It is not easier to defend against Eibar than Rayo.

Rayo are much better going forward and commit more men forward and apply more pressure.

L

linetty

Yes a botched clearance will get counted.

It is not easier to defend against Eibar than Rayo.

Rayo are much better going forward and commit more men forward and apply more pressure.
That's completely false. Either you didn't watch both the games or you just don't know what you're talking about. Eibar was much more of a threat either way.

G

Gasgas

Masch has had far more MOTM performances in big games than blunders.

People say this all the time then struggle to name more than 2/3 big game blunders in 5 years.

Evidence please....

The 4-3 was on Bernabeu. This is on Camp Nou, our fans, our grass, our field, our home. May not sound like much, but it's all the difference in the world. On the 2-1 on Camp Nou, do you remember Madrid dominating us with their height?
They were too defensive to even win a corner. Their formation was designed to prevent our attacks rather than them playing their game. I hardly remember any madrid attacks let alone crosses or corners

Home of Barca Fans