Marc Bartra

JamDav1982

In the third observe the chances di maria created via crosses take a look at masche in all of them especially the two goals all on him
The fifth one was mistakenly added instead of
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kTxzxO7lUDI

Poor positioning applies to every defender in the world at some point or another. Can find games like that for them all.

Barca play what? Fifteen big games a season. So five blunders in 60/65 games is not much in the scheme of things and doesnt suggest he is prone to them.

Ask any defender to play in a high line and win ball early and you will get errors from any of them.

Just look at some of the Bayern defending in big games since Pep went there.

G

Gasgas

Poor positioning applies to every defender in the world at some point or another. Can find games like that for them all.

Barca play what? Fifteen big games a season. So five blunders in 60/65 games is not much in the scheme of things and doesnt suggest he is prone to them.

Ask any defender to play in a high line and win ball early and you will get errors from any of them.

those are just few blunders from big games and there are many many more than just that a lot more
Let me emphasise a lot more
I would dig them out but i clearly dont have the time

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Bartra played with Nerves of steel yesterday, I'm still skeptical about his development as a player by my God what a performance yesterday. Snuffed out every attack that came his way

Gnidrologist

Rayo is notorious for being our best punching bag for years. The goal difference in last 6 or something meatings was 30 to 1 i think. They may be better objectively in the context of whole liga, but they are the most victimized team by Barca, never having any chance whatsoever, only rivaled by Levante probably. Eibar did look like a team that could actually take points from us, especially the circumstances and makeshift liene-up. They're attacks were more threatening than Rayo's and our minimal lead made the pressure even bigger.

Don't think it's worth splitting hairs about those two matches though. I think most people here can agree that Mathie this season has had our hearts in our mouths most times than any other defender, which is why he should be 4th choice. There is no objective reason it not to be so.

Zangash

Banned

So basically what you're saying is unless we post video evidence of Mascherano fucking up or being inept in the air, it didn't happen?

What logic is this. Mscherano is very suspect as a DM and that is a huge part of why we were so desperate to buy two new CBs, but instead ended up with Mathieu and Vermaelen, which didn't work to solve to even remotely solve the problem.

DinhoR10

His passing is something else. Pique has great cross field balls but I think only Mascherano beats Bartra overall in passing range for out CBs.

Barcelonista

He has every tool to become a world-class centre back. I believe he needs only one season or two to nail down a starting spot. Should start vs City. If he can do it against Psg then surely he can do it against City.

Egert

Estonian Culé
It's not like he has been good in only 2-4 games, but he has been good in every game he has played. We should trust him vs City and Real :bartra:

Richard.H

He has every tool to become a world-class centre back. I believe he needs only one season or two to nail down a starting spot. Should start vs City. If he can do it against Psg then surely he can do it against City.
I agree but a ton of people in this forum forget that he is already 24 years old. That's not a young age for a defender. He may be a late bloomer but defenders rarely ever bloom so late. He still has time to be world class but its so rare for a defender to improve a lot at a late age.

For comparison, pique at the age of 23 was already being compared to beckenbauer and was an absolute nightmare for CR and Kaka at the time.

Kohe321

I agree but a ton of people in this forum forget that he is already 24 years old. That's not a young age for a defender. He may be a late bloomer but defenders rarely ever bloom so late. He still has time to be world class but its so rare for a defender to improve a lot at a late age.

For comparison, pique at the age of 23 was already being compared to beckenbauer and was an absolute nightmare for CR and Kaka at the time.

But please do not forget how much he has improved this season alone compared to last. His problem has also been a lack of playingtime, and once he started racking up minutes he improved a lot and quickly. That shows immense talent. He's already pretty close to being world class skillswise IMO, he just lacks more games on his resumé to build more confidence and routine.

JamDav1982

But please do not forget how much he has improved this season alone compared to last. His problem has also been a lack of playingtime, and once he started racking up minutes he improved a lot and quickly. That shows immense talent. He's already pretty close to being world class skillswise IMO, he just lacks more games on his resumé to build more confidence and routine.

He played more minutes last season and against better teams so not sure why minutes this season would be credited with improving him that much.

Kohe321

He played more minutes last season and against better teams so not sure why minutes this season would be credited with improving him that much.

You're right, my mistake. I mean much of the level we see from Bartra today was from his improvement last season, which he kept up into this season and has developed further. I remember at the start of Martinos season he looked extremely shaky after spending much of the 2012 season on the bench.

Anyway the point is, he got minutes and he improved by leaps and bounds from them. :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans