Marc Bartra

JamDav1982

That's completely false. Either you didn't watch both the games or you just don't know what you're talking about. Eibar was much more of a threat either way.

No they werent Eibar barely put forward more than two men the whole game until the last 20 odd minutes.

They just punted up ball to front players.

Rayo committed more men forward, played higher up the park and tried to pressure back four.

Rayo are a better attacking team than Eibar. Have scored more goals and are 4 places above them in the league.

G

Gasgas

Surely you meant to say the opposite?

And he is also ignoring the fact that vs rayo it was a home game so obviously easier to defend while vs eibar was an away game and the team actually came to attack and defend it's honour at home and salvage points

L

linetty

No they werent Eibar barely put forward more than two men the whole game until the last 20 odd minutes.

They just punted up ball to front players.

Rayo committed more men forward, played higher up the park and tried to pressure back four.

Rayo are a better attacking team than Eibar. Have scored more goals and are 4 places above them in the league.
Eibar had more shots than us and asked much more of our backline than Rayo ever did, that was pretty evident.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not at all.

But you said "it is not easier to defend against Eibar than Rayo." Doesn't that suggest that Bartra's good performance against Eibar has more weight than Mathieu's against Rayo. Which according to the sentence immediately after, is not what you were trying to say.

JamDav1982

But you said "it is not easier to defend against Eibar than Rayo." Doesn't that suggest that Bartra's good performance against Eibar has more weight than Mathieu's against Rayo. Which according to the sentence immediately after, is not what you were trying to say.

I think they both deserve merit.

If pushed Rayo has better attack and put more men forward.

But I hate this idea that people try to write off Mathieu as it was Rayo and then claim Barta was brilliant against Eibar. It is ridiculous.

Both deserve credit.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think they both deserve merit.

If pushed Rayo has better attack and put more men forward.

But I hate this idea that people try to write off Mathieu as it was Rayo and then claim Barta was brilliant against Eibar. It is ridiculous.

Both deserve credit.

Okay. I just thought it was a typo.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
And he is also ignoring the fact that vs rayo it was a home game so obviously easier to defend while vs eibar was an away game and the team actually came to attack and defend it's honour at home and salvage points

Nice avatar, amigo.

Home of Barca Fans