Marc Bartra

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Diaz (agent Bartra): "We still have to talk with the club, but why would he leave...? He has a contract for two more years." [fichajes]

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think his agent's comments mean he will stay, but he clearly is looking for a larger role next season, which I think he will get. Adriano should be leaving to Roma, so Mathieu and Verma can get game time there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We totally have a place for Bartra: Masch shouldn't play CB, Mathieu is not a starter, Vermaelen is questionable, so I could see Bartra playing CB for us quite frequently. And if Dani is injured and if we sell Montoya and Douglas, Bartra can play RB for us, right?

xavi_the_Boss

No.Masch should play CB.Has done that for years now and has done a good Job and is a better player than Bartra.
Pique and Masch is the best CB Pairing that we can field imo.

Neymessi

Loan him?No.A few injuries at the back and we will start missing him like crazy.It has hardly been time since we were begging for defenders and now we are talking about loaning one.No.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
But if keeping him and not playing him like this season there also a risk of loosing him. If everybody stays fit and performs well he's automatic a 5th option for CB. This guy needs playing time we couldn't give him when we had 4cb's now with 5 I dont think he will get any.

anguy

And if Dani is injured and if we sell Montoya and Douglas, Bartra can play RB for us, right?

Where do you people get such ideas as Bartra on RB? If Montoya was considered not good enough offensively for current Barca system, do you really believe a CB like Bartra will be better fit?

frog-fcb

Bar the lack of actual game time would his development not be best served staying here. Im sure our training is done at a level almost as intense an an actual match . Plus coming up against MSN everyday is bound to help you develop

ScoobySquats

In my FM 2015 save i got Laporte, Bartra, Pique and Marquihnos (who was offered to me for only 5.5 million). Bartra and Pique was my starting pair until Laporte became amazing by 21. Point i am trying to make is that while he may not be the fastest or most physical defender in the world, Bartra is someone who we should appreciate. When Pique was injured against Athletico 2 seasons ago, Bartra came on and dealt with any threat Costa and Co threw at him. All he needs is consistent game time, put Pique and Bartra and you have the most technical and homegrown pair of CB's in the world.

Galning

Every single summer we discuss the same things.. is there a place for Bartra? Fact is, the dude never starts unless it's completely necessary or against shitty opposition. I don't see his situation changing next season.
Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu & Vermaelen will all still be here.

Every single summer we discuss the same things.. is there a place for Bartra? Fact is, the dude never starts unless it's completely necessary or against shitty opposition. I don't see his situation changing next season.
Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu & Vermaelen will all still be here.

Bartra should be egoistic and leave.
hoping for Adriano to leave, Masche becoming a DM (Xavi gone), vermaelen becoming the LB backup, etc it simply won't happen.

same goes for Montoya
alves, vidal, montoya,... is too much

but both are extremely loyal and will stay

Home of Barca Fans