Marc Bartra

Zangash

Banned
Exactly. He would get the same amount of minutes at Bayern.
We should send him out on loan to a Europa level club where he's a starter and gets major playing time .
He's too good to rot on the bench but he shouldn't be thrown in the deep end at a major club.
He should go on loan,get regular playing time and then we should make a decision .

How do you know he wouldn't get any minutes at Bayern? If he played well under Pep when given a chance Pep would play him more. Just because Barca and Lucho don't give a damn how well he plays doesn't mean Pep and Bayern will be the same way.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How do you know he wouldn't get any minutes at Bayern? If he played well under Pep when given a chance Pep would play him more. Just because Barca and Lucho don't give a damn how well he plays doesn't mean Pep and Bayern will be the same way.

Let's see, he is going to have to compete with Boateng, Benatia, Dante, Martinez and possibly Badstuber when is back healthy, all ahead of the pecking order. He will get minutes, but not much more than what he is getting with us.

F

Flavia

Bartra wouldn't be a starter a Bayern. I doubt he'd be one at City too. But no wonder there are many rumors, for 12m he's really a bargain.

xXKonan

Bayern, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Inter and Dortmund are interested in Marc Bartra (24), whose buyout fee dropped to 12M. [sport]

messi2140

6racies Xavi
If I am not mistaken , isnt' Barca's football director responsible for contract negotiations ? I understand that young players want a bit of playing time but this is not a way of doing it. Whether Bartra is going to stay or not is not the point. These kind of clauses are just stupid , if you dont play for x amount of time you can get sold for 3 peanuts. These contract negotiations should be done better, much better.

All of them can drop 12m cash all they want, but if Bartra himself doesn't want to leave, it won't happen, right?

Of course it won't happen. If a club pays the 12 mil , it means that Barcelona cant do anything , but the player himself will still be able to say no.

Last edited:

Stric

All of them can drop 12m cash all they want, but if Bartra himself doesn't want to leave, it won't happen, right?

Yes. He's really loyal to Barca so I don't think he'll leave, but when you look at it in the sense that he has several top European clubs to literally choose from, all of which would give him more playing time than he gets here, it's something to think about.

Alik

Man City would probably be the best choice for him, other than staying here. He'd be a starter there, unlike at Bayern, and be competing for trophies, unlike at Liverpool/Spurs/Dortmund.

Hope he stays here though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marc Bartra (24) in principle plans to stay at Barcelona next season, but a good offer could make him reconsider the situation. [l'esportiu]

Really pissed off at these dumbass clauses. Was there for Thiago, is there now for Bartra.

Antimadridista1

I can really see Guardiola chasing him the same way he did with Thiago .
It sucks so much that we have (had) this joke of a board who can't even make smart contracts.

Stric

I can really see Guardiola chasing him the same way he did with Thiago .
It sucks so much that we have (had) this joke of a board who can't even make smart contracts.

It's not about knowing not how to make good contracts, of course they know that a low buyout clause is unfavorable for the club, but the players and their agents would never sign contracts and extensions that would screw them out of playing time without giving them an easier way out. The players will negotiate for a low buyout fee in general, or at least a clause that will lower the buyout fee if they don't play a certain (appropriate) amount of minutes. If those clauses weren't part of the deal, the players would leave right away. The problem is not the contracts. The contracts are fine. The problem is that post-Pep managers don't trust the Canteranos, even though the club's recent continuous success is built on that exact approach.

Zangash

Banned
Bartra wouldn't be a starter a Bayern. I doubt he'd be one at City too. But no wonder there are many rumors, for 12m he's really a bargain.

Not being a starter doesn't equate to having a permanent spot on the bench regardless of your performances when given a chance. If Bartra went to City or Bayern if he had the kind of game he had against PSG (For example) he would almost certainly get to play more minutes because of it, whether it be as a starter or not. Instead, Lucho played him only when Mathieu was not fit for the rest of the calendar year.

It would be best for him to leave and it could potentially benefit us later. Imagine him leaving and showing the world that he's actually a somewhat decent CB (Shocking to even suggest a thing, I know), and then we chase him and get a good 26-27 year old CB ready to slot into our back line.

Barcilliant

Just loan him and see how he goes. The jury is still out on Batra. Unless he gets a consistent run of games we can't form a definitive opinion on him.
He needs to go to a lesser club where he can get game time and not be under so much pressure.

Xavinho

Just loan him and see how he goes. The jury is still out on Batra. Unless he gets a consistent run of games we can't form a definitive opinion on him.
He needs to go to a lesser club where he can get game time and not be under so much pressure.

The jury isn't out on him at all. That's the kind of thing you say about players like Munir or Sandro, not a guy who's been with the senior squad for three full seasons, not a guy who's started against teams like PSG, Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Bayern Munich, Athletic Club, Sevilla, Real Madrid etc. If they can't tell what he's about by now, they never will. And that's not the kind of player you loan out.

I'll be very dissapointed if we go into the season with just Pique, two 31-year olds (Mathieu, and Mascherano who has played a lot over the last couple of seasons due to WC and Copa America commitments), and a soon-to-be 30-year old who has played for us once and is coming back from missing a season through injury.

Jombi

Not being a starter doesn't equate to having a permanent spot on the bench regardless of your performances when given a chance. If Bartra went to City or Bayern if he had the kind of game he had against PSG (For example) he would almost certainly get to play more minutes because of it, whether it be as a starter or not. Instead, Lucho played him only when Mathieu was not fit for the rest of the calendar year.

It would be best for him to leave and it could potentially benefit us later. Imagine him leaving and showing the world that he's actually a somewhat decent CB (Shocking to even suggest a thing, I know), and then we chase him and get a good 26-27 year old CB ready to slot into our back line.

Why would Bayern and City sell to us? They never sell to us. They dont need the money. He is gone if he is sold to these teams and given a lengthy contract (which he will get considering his age).

Home of Barca Fans