Marc Bartra

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course he can find clubs where he is able to play more games, there are many of them out there. But in the grand scheme of things (his future development, chances of playing for the Spain NT etc.), I hope he realizes that there is no better place than Barca, there is no better place than playing along with some of the best players in the world.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Personally hope we don't sign him. We don't have the cash to waste on centre backs, unless one of Skrtel or Lovren departs.

Not that I am saying he isn't a good player but we have other areas in more urgent need of attention.

barcanuck

He played about 500 less minutes this year compared to what Tata gave him last year. Would hate to see him leave because Mathieu is ahead of him in the pecking order. Montoya should leave but Bartra still has a nice role in the team.

Antimadridista1

A guy on Twitter says that there's a deal with Tottenham for Vertonghen vs Bartra + 15m euro.
@BilelAffelay

I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about Marc staying with us.

F

Flavia

A guy on Twitter says that there's a deal with Tottenham for Vertonghen vs Bartra + 15m euro.
@BilelAffelay

I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about Marc staying with us.

One of these days I'll start a rumor myself on twitter, to see how many people will believe it.

ceefoo

I also heard the rumour that Totscum were interested. Barcelona had many opportunities to sign Vertonghen, but decided otherwise.

To sign him now, when we already have left-footed Centre-Backs in Mathieu and Vermaelen, would be beyond hapless.

JamDav1982

His minutes are several times more likely to go down than they are to go up, actually. From 4th choice to 5th.

Not really, he will be the second choice for the right centre back position after Pique.

The other three are all left CBs or LB/DM.

He could even get minutes at RB before xmas if Montoya and Douglas go.

Zangash

Banned
Not really, he will be the second choice for the right centre back position after Pique.

The other three are all left CBs or LB/DM.

He could even get minutes at RB before xmas if Montoya and Douglas go.

Mascherano is often played on either side, depending on who his partner is. Him playing DM is such a rarity that it shouldn't even be counted as a factor. Kind of like when people mention Douglas when discussing the RB position.

Ignoring the fact that Pique is by far our most important defender and is unlikely to miss more than a small handful of games, Mascherano can play that position as well and if Pique were to be injured I can guarantee you we'd see Masch playing next to Mathieu or Vermaelen.

On the left CB position, that is a position Bartra played quite often as well, which is part of why his minutes took such a large hit from last season. When Pique needed a partner because Masche was injured/subbed/rested that guy went from being Bartra to being Mathieu. When Mathieu was injured Bartra got those minutes, but now Vermaelen will be there, hungry for minutes of his own.

I wouldn't expect to see Bartra play at RB, either, even if Montoya and Douglas leave. Lucho doesn't seem to be a fan of the idea at all and Alves kind of has the position so tightly locked down that I'd be worried for my own playing time if I were Vidal.

Home of Barca Fans