Marc Bartra

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why would Bayern and City sell to us? They never sell to us. They dont need the money. He is gone if he is sold to these teams and given a lengthy contract (which he will get considering his age).

Exactly. When he is gone, he is gone. It is laughable to think we can just sell our prospects to other clubs for cheap and rely on these clubs as our feeder clubs and buy them back.

Zangash

Banned
Why would Bayern and City sell to us? They never sell to us. They dont need the money. He is gone if he is sold to these teams and given a lengthy contract (which he will get considering his age).

Why did Bayern sell Kroos to Madrid? Why did we sell Thiago to Bayern?

Players can leave for all kinds of reasons other than the selling club needing the money.

anguy

If I am not mistaken , isnt' Barca's football director responsible for contract negotiations ? I understand that young players want a bit of playing time but this is not a way of doing it. Whether Bartra is going to stay or not is not the point. These kind of clauses are just stupid , if you dont play for x amount of time you can get sold for 3 peanuts. These contract negotiations should be done better, much better.

Well if players are going hard after contracts with such clauses, there's little sporting director can do, other than let players walk away or offer them HUGE wages (that can be very risky if talent doesn't pan out).

Of course it won't happen. If a club pays the 12 mil , it means that Barcelona cant do anything , but the player himself will still be able to say no.

It's 12+taxes, but it's still a bargain.

Barcilliant

The jury isn't out on him at all. That's the kind of thing you say about players like Munir or Sandro, not a guy who's been with the senior squad for three full seasons, not a guy who's started against teams like PSG, Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Bayern Munich, Athletic Club, Sevilla, Real Madrid etc. If they can't tell what he's about by now, they never will. And that's not the kind of player you loan out.

I'll be very dissapointed if we go into the season with just Pique, two 31-year olds (Mathieu, and Mascherano who has played a lot over the last couple of seasons due to WC and Copa America commitments), and a soon-to-be 30-year old who has played for us once and is coming back from missing a season through injury.

The jury is out on him because he hasn't stamped his authority in the side and it's been 3 seasons. I am a fan of his and prefer him to Mascherano but he needs to be stronger physically and mentally.
Loan to a decent liga or epl side would do him good.

Xavinho

The jury is out on him because he hasn't stamped his authority in the side and it's been 3 seasons. I am a fan of his and prefer him to Mascherano but he needs to be stronger physically and mentally.
Loan to a decent liga or epl side would do him good.

No, they'll have a clear idea about him after having him in the squad for so long. They'll think he's a player who can push on this season and really establish himself as an important member of the team, or they'll see him as a useful squad player that they'll sell if the right bid comes in, or they think he's not good enough and will definitely move him on this summer. I like him a lot and I hope the management rates him, but you certainly don't send players in their mid-twenties who've come through the youth system and already played in lots of big games out on loan if you think they have a future at the club.

ceefoo

The club has spent years attempting to fix the Centre-Back situation. Now that we finally have, it would be totally incompetent of the club to lose Bartra now. Not only because he is a very good, young footballer, but he loves the club. He bleeds blaugrana.

Losing him to a top tier European club such as; Bayern, Man City etc, would make it very difficult to get him back, even with a buy-back clause. I am confident that Marc IS good enough to establish himself in either of these teams, particularly the latter. Just look at Citeh's CB options over the last few years: Stefan Savić, Matija Nastasić, Martín Demichelis, Eliaquim Mangala. Bartra is better than all of them!

Bartra must stay at Barca! If it means shipping out the likes of Mathieu or Vermaelen in order to keep him, then so be it. :smug:

Asylum15

The club has spent years attempting to fix the Centre-Back situation. Now that we finally have, it would be totally incompetent of the club to lose Bartra now. Not only because he is a very good, young footballer, but he loves the club. He bleeds blaugrana.

Losing him to a top tier European club such as; Bayern, Man City etc, would make it very difficult to get him back, even with a buy-back clause. I am confident that Marc IS good enough to establish himself in either of these teams, particularly the latter. Just look at Citeh's CB options over the last few years: Stefan Savić, Matija Nastasić, Martín Demichelis, Eliaquim Mangala. Bartra is better than all of them!

Bartra must stay at Barca! If it means shipping out the likes of Mathieu or Vermaelen in order to keep him, then so be it. :smug:

Vermaelen will be a wall for us, mark my words.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why did Bayern sell Kroos to Madrid? Why did we sell Thiago to Bayern?

Players can leave for all kinds of reasons other than the selling club needing the money.

We sold Thiago to Bayern because Thiago didn't feel appreciated and he wanted to leave, and Bayern took advantage of the release clause.

Kroos was sold to Real Madrid because Kroos didn't feel appreciated and his desire of a higher salary that he felt deserved given his pretty pivotal role was rejected by Bayern.

If we let Bartra leave, there is no reason why we will get him back unless he adamantly demands to come back to Barca.

Stric

[tw]610461771359322112[/tw]

Braida saying he's not available. Good.

Braida seems to be ignoring the fact that the player can still leave if his release clause is activated. The club doesn't have the authority to stop that.

But I don't think Bartra will leave, even if someone is willing to pay the clause. I think he doesn't want to leave, and that's enough.

xXKonan

Diaz (agent Bartra): "Buyout fee dropped to 12M, because he didn't play enough, but that's only until 1 July, then it's up to 30M again."

Diaz (agent Bartra): "Marc is very happy here, but if there's interest from a club where he can play more, we'll listen and decide." [fcin]

Home of Barca Fans