Marc Bartra

Hamzah

High Definition Member
as jamdav pointed out he is first choice backup for pique. pique/bartra compete for that spot and masch/mathieu/vermaelen for the other one (mathieu and vermaelen are left footed remember).

xXKonan

"The end of the season was hard, because at first I had more regular football and at the end I didn't play as much, but I was thinking calmly about leaving Barça who had always treated me so well," recalled the player, who is about to become a father.

Bartra recalled that the offers that arrived were tempting: "the offers that arrived make me doubt myself, but with a coach like Luis Enrique you know that eveything can change in a year and I am going to give everything."

The first target of the Catalan next season will be to achieve regular football, "every player wants to play in the big games, I know that it isn't easy at Barça. If you work here, it is an endless race." Regarding the fact that he hadn't played as much as he would have liked, Bartra said: "I have enjoyed myself a lot with the team and there is still much to be won."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/not...ers-that-came-made-doubt-barca-future-4328951

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With more football to play, he'll get more chances I assume, but he won't become a starter next season. Mascherano-Pique got that one nailed.

Alen

Being 1st choice off the bench would get him enough playing time. If he can't even achieve that, he should leave.

Zangash

Banned
Yeah right, like he's suddenly going to be anything higher than the 4th choice that he was last season. If anything I'd expect his playing time to go down, considering Vermaelen's return will most likely drop him down to 5th choice.

F

Flavia

Yeah right, like he's suddenly going to be anything higher than the 4th choice that he was last season. If anything I'd expect his playing time to go down, considering Vermaelen's return will most likely drop him down to 5th choice.
There's a chance Adriano would leave, which would prompt one of mathieu or verm to be alba's backup. And there's always the next transfer window, he is still young for a cb.

Zangash

Banned
There's a chance Adriano would leave, which would prompt one of mathieu or verm to be alba's backup. And there's always the next transfer window, he is still young for a cb.

Grimaldo is a much better option for LB backup than either of Verm or Mathieu. Neither player is good enough at LB to play there if needed, while Grimaldo is the exact mold of fullback Barca is looking for.

When does his contract expire? This reminds me of the Montoya situation almost to the letter.

Jombi

Grimaldo is too weak to play LB for us.

And since Montoya has left and Adriano might leave too, Bartra could play RB in the first half of the season if Alves is out.

F

Flavia

Grimaldo is a much better option for LB backup than either of Verm or Mathieu. Neither player is good enough at LB to play there if needed, while Grimaldo is the exact mold of fullback Barca is looking for.

When does his contract expire? This reminds me of the Montoya situation almost to the letter.

I don't think Grimaldo is even being considered.

Home of Barca Fans