Marc Bartra

Barcafan 2304

True vermaelan was very impressive but who knows how many games he will play? I venture not very many. I think bartra and pique deserve a chance to develop an understanding and partnership

silvia

we should sell vermalen. He is more like a medical service tourist. I don't like he plays like 3,4 games in almost 1 years and said to be better than bartra. he must get more wage than bartra also.

BBZ8800

Our best DC this season by quite a big margin, yet he is our fourth choice, I fail to understand.

Like with spain NT, the duo Pique/Bartra seems to work well.

Can you name one match when Bartra hasn't played against Mickey Mouse opponents (like Bate Borisov or against Levantes ALWAYS at Camp Nou) where he has been actually good?

He is always good when the opponents are very weak, because the opponent's actions usually look like 2 players versus 5 Barca's defenders.
In those kind of matches, without too much pressure, Bartra is flying around the pitch and usually making good tackles (again, since opponents are easily outnumbered) and since mistakes aren't that costly in these kind of matches (because the opponents in general are poor and their attackers are poor, so even if he makes a mistake, someone will cover for him).
Also, since the opponents are crap, he helps to our attack with some nice passes and shots and then people get the feeling how he is an awesome all round player who helps both in attack and defense.
He looks like a lion in those matches. A player who looks good in defense and who gives his heart and soul for Barca...

When we face any tougher opponent when their attacks are not like 2 versus 5 but like 4 vs 4 or 4 vs 5, and when their attackers are of better technical and tactical quality, Bartra is then all over the place.
He runs like a headless chicken, opponents dribble easily past him, and when he misses a tackle (because he is too eager to stop the attack on the center of the field), he leaves giant holes in the defense behind him (happened 1000s of times).

People seem to forget the past in a day or two.
A good match against Bate, and soon "Bartresi" posts will be back.

Look:
1. Mathieu was very good last Season
2. Bartra was always poor to average, his whole career

And now, if Mathieu dropped from being very good to being a crap, it didn't actually improve Bartra's skills.
So, Mathieu started to be a crap, but Bartra is still as poor/average as always.
He didn't turn into a good player suddenly only because Mathieu declined, lol.

Do you think what you write or everything that comes from you is a fundamentalist statement backed up by nothing?

If it will be easier, open a document on computer and write yourself notes about Bartra's or anyone's plays in BIGGER matches.
So, when a player will play a good match against Bate, that emotions won't fool you like now.

Bartra has been the last pick for several Barca's coaches in a row.
And Lucho NEVER, but NEVER plays him against any stronger opponent where the opponents will have 4 vs 4 or 4 vs 5 and similar attacking actions.
There must be a strong and legit reason for that.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

I certainly take your point bbz and ain't going to attempt to argue it. However, just feel we do have a lot of games coming up against 'mediocre' opponents that he can be utilised in and as I say, it's worth testing a pique- bartra partnership over these games and who knows, it may work. I'm certainly though mindful about the big games he has played in the past and I won't argue with you there. Just seems logical to give him and pique a chance and see what come of it, especially in games like eibar coming up this weekend

gasgas

we should sell vermalen. He is more like a medical service tourist. I don't like he plays like 3,4 games in almost 1 years and said to be better than bartra. he must get more wage than bartra also.

and recall that he said this season

Galning

PSG group stage. He was pretty amazing.

From the top of my head, Atlético Madrid when Diego Costa was still there. Bartra went from shit sell him to only performs against weak opponents. Not that hard either as he usually only plays against weak opponents. Which top games did he start last season?

BBZ8800

From the top of my head, Atlético Madrid when Diego Costa was still there. Bartra went from shit sell him to only performs against weak opponents. Not that hard either as he usually only plays against weak opponents. Which top games did he start last season?

Bartra had 2 good matches against big teams:
1. Psg, group stage when we played 352
2. one match against Atletico

Bartra's fails, on top of my head, just the most famous matches:
Real & Bale:

Man. Utd & young Januzaj:

Chelsea & Hazard:

4th Bayern's goal, for example...
Bartra has a tendency that too often quality opponents just past through him almost as if he is a ghost.
Like "please, don't pay attention to me, just run and do what you want. I won't interrupt you..."

He lacks some strength and muscles, but even some basics in defending, especially in positional play and too many unsuccessful tackles (like Boateng against Messi). But Bartra is not even playing against Messi.
Imagine if Messi played against Bartra in some big Barca:Real match.
Bartra would fall in his ass 3-4 times in any match against Messi.

BBZ8800

Bayern's 4th goal, I can't put more than 3 videos in one post:

2 players running at you, and you attack the first player with a tackle :facepalm:
Result: you are left in a no man's land, and those 2 run into your box without any pressure on them anymore.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We played 4 CBs that game:
pique, mathieu, mascherano
he was very well covered

But didn't he end up being one of our best defenders that game?

Please don't bring up the Bayern game from 12/13, BBZ. He was thrown into the deep end there and you know that. When the whole team got overrun, you expect Bartra to have a standout performance?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans