Marc Bartra

Co0ter

Being a hater is different from giving logical criticism to a player. If you actually agree with bbzs arguments then I don't know what to say.

Bartra hasn't set the world on fire. But he isn't nearly as bad as bbz says he is. Plus he doesn't nearly get enough chances to prove himself. With all our cbs underperforming it's logical to give him a run of matches. But that would be termed as "bartra and la masia lover" in bbz world

It doesn't matter if a player "isn't in form" when he plays or he's not playing in an optimal situation. His performance is ON HIM, you can't blame his teammates who are playing badly for his own bad mistakes, getting beaten or poor positioning. He is what 25 now, and he STILL lunges forward into tackles like an amateur. There are some things you can forgive, like making an early move on Bale (mistake) then getting burned by his pace....there aren't many FB/CB that can keep up with him, but there are things that need to improve as you grow older and evolve as a player- and Bartra has shown little to no progress. Whether it is his fault or not, "he wasn't played enough" blah blah doesn't matter. We are in 10/2015 and he is what he is- not good enough.

He had the perfect chance to show he's grown and is ready to take the next step in preseason, a player looking for his breakthrough should relish that chance and it should be the only thing he's looking forward to and focusing on. He was dreadful, just awful. Pique had a terrible preseason last year, but he was given time and he turned it around and had a great season- however he's a proven player and we know what he's capable of when motivated. For Bartra- he blew it and in my eyes enough is enough.

I'm sick of people making excuses for Bartra. I was very patient with him and over time he has done nothing to prove to me he deserves to be anything other than 4th option. I need more than the occasional good performance against a weak side.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I don't rate Bartra high either although I recognise and appreciate how he developed in the past couple of years .
BBZ said he isn't good enough to be relied in big games and tbh there is more to support his claim than dismissing it .and while he tends to overanalyze as usual he got some points and it isn't really much illogical than overanalysis IMHO
4 1st team coaches hasn't given him the amount of chances the fans wanted .he never set the world on fire as you said .most games against big teams he never really showed up .
Bartra might deserve much more chances but people calling coaches for not using him or keep complaining about how isn't a starter after playing very weak side isn't really that realistic .naturally overreacting from some poster will get other over reacting responses too
I mean his 1st response was for someone who says that he is by far our best CB this year ,after playing against freakin BATE
For example his is over reacting judging by friendly games ,that is true .but people tend to take any responsibility from Barta in both CDR final and Bayern games and even say he was brilliant in both and just unlucky .he wasn't good defending in both
So ,no .I don't see BBZ being illogical or hater .just someone with opinion that people who don't agree with find the easier response to just claim he is a hater

So you agree he should get more chances? That's exactly what I mean. If it was upto bbz he would send bartra packing tomorrow and buy van persie.

Regarding his arguments, they are either illogical like friendlies or overblown more than nuclear explosions like against bayern where the whole team vs bad or vs bale who can out pace 99.5% of defenders

Yeah bartra has had some below par performances. But he isn't been so bad as to deserve poverty playtime or bbz level of criticism(who thinks bartra is the devil incarnate)

J

Jamie Cal

How did he play? I only watched the match from min. 60

Pretty iffy. Taking too much out the ball instead of playing it simple to the other cb or the dm. I wouldn't slate him for the goal too much, it was a good move, but Pique's after dropping off and the ball HAS to go to him. It didn't, and the whole team were outta position.

Galning

He played alright but Lucho subbing him off after 60 minutes is not a good sign. He will remain the last choice centre back.

Barcafan 2304

Hmmmm it's a tough one now. I was advocating trying to build with bartra and pique until January but this game doesn't really give my argument much ammunition or weight. Long term, we need a world class centre-half brought in but it's a dodgy period right now. Bartra inconsistent, vermaelan injured on a routine basis and mascherano suspended.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He played alright but Lucho subbing him off after 60 minutes is not a good sign. He will remain the last choice centre back.

He was given a nod ahead of Mathieu and blew it.
Come to think of it, he was poor during pre-season too.

Jombi

How about we show some patience and give the defense some consistency? Do you know any defensive line that is changed constantly every week that plays well?

F

Flavia

Wat, why does that sound bad?
I don't think it's a secret Bartra is better with the ball at his feet.

I guess you misunderstood. Bartra was replaced by Mathieu, and this was Lucho's reason. He wanted the team to build better from the back.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Pique should see some bench time next match. Let the Verminator, Marlboro and Bartra take over for a while. It'll be with it to bring Piquenbaur back

dostoevskij

think bartra-Vermaelen will start the Copa game, so it was maybe also about that, considering Bartra playes in Belarus under the week also 90 minutes.

Home of Barca Fans