Bartra had 2 good matches against big teams:
1. Psg, group stage when we played 352
2. one match against Atletico

Bartra's fails, on top of my head, just the most famous matches:
Real & Bale:

Man. Utd & young Januzaj:

Chelsea & Hazard:

4th Bayern's goal, for example...
Bartra has a tendency that too often quality opponents just past through him almost as if he is a ghost.
Like "please, don't pay attention to me, just run and do what you want. I won't interrupt you..."

He lacks some strength and muscles, but even some basics in defending, especially in positional play and too many unsuccessful tackles (like Boateng against Messi). But Bartra is not even playing against Messi.
Imagine if Messi played against Bartra in some big Barca:Real match.
Bartra would fall in his ass 3-4 times in any match against Messi.

He was one of our best in the CdR final until Bale's goal. Bartra scored our equaliser as well.

Are you seriously using friendlies to support your claim?

As for the Bayern game where the whole team performed badly, he had almost zero match rhythm prior to that game despite our situation at CB.

Galning

BB as clueless as ever. Sad I still have to see his posts when people quote him. Was playing great against Madrid and scored until he got outpaced by Bale, 99.5% of the world's defenders are outpaced by him.
Then posts friendly games where the entire team was actually in shambles. And to top it off THE Bayern game where he got thrown into an underperforming team with zero game fitness :lol: The guy is a joke.

Thinking Bartra is not good enough I can accept. But those arguments :lol: "Imagine Messi playing against Bartra". Imagine any player playing against Messi.

God Serena

Bartra's mistakes vs Bayern were in a season where he was either still on the B team, or was newly promoted, and in that season he was benched for CB by the likes of Adriano and Song. He was only used against Bayern due to an extreme lack of options. If you want to use that game to measure his quality it says more about you than it does Bartra.

His mistake against Madrid was more an instance of him just getting beaten than him making any huge error. Getting beaten happens, and the likes of Mascherano, Mathieu, and Pique certainly aren't immune to getting beaten by Real Madrid's wingers.

The preseason games are an admitted spell of poor form for him but those were games that didn't matter, which is not something that can be said for the numerous mistakes committed by our usual CBs that you seem to not care about at all.

I understand that you hate Bartra because he's Catalan and has a lot of La Masia based hype surrounding him, but you're not even being logical about the venom you're spitting in his direction.

Stric

Bringing up the game(s) against Bayern in 2012-13 really doesn't make any sense. Bartra barely played 90 minutes total that season until that week. And despite those two horrible defeats, Bartra and Pique were probably our best players (or the least bad I should say).

JamDav1982

Bringing up the game(s) against Bayern in 2012-13 really doesn't make any sense. Bartra barely played 90 minutes total that season until that week. And despite those two horrible defeats, Bartra and Pique were probably our best players (or the least bad I should say).

That's not correct.

Barta had played 90 mins in three of the previous four league games and came off the bench in both legs of previous round vs PSG.

Pique and Bartra were terrible over those two legs. Bartra constantly dived in too early and got skinned and Piques positioning was terrible.

Cule4life

The Culest
He was one of our best in the CdR final until Bale's goal. Bartra scored our equaliser as well.

Are you seriously using friendlies to support your claim?

As for the Bayern game where the whole team performed badly, he had almost zero match rhythm prior to that game despite our situation at CB.

You shouldn't bother arguing with bbz. He's the resident bartra hater of this forum.

PhilS

It's time to go with Bartra as the #3 CB. Masch will be full time midfielder now until Sergi or Iniesta come back, so let's give Pique/Bartra a run. Mathieu has earned a long rest, and there is no sense in slotting Verm for more than occasional duty.

BBZ8800

BB as clueless as ever. Sad I still have to see his posts when people quote him. Was playing great against Madrid and scored until he got outpaced by Bale, 99.5% of the world's defenders are outpaced by him.
Then posts friendly games where the entire team was actually in shambles. And to top it off THE Bayern game where he got thrown into an underperforming team with zero game fitness :lol: The guy is a joke.

Thinking Bartra is not good enough I can accept. But those arguments :lol: "Imagine Messi playing against Bartra". Imagine any player playing against Messi.

Sorry, so many words again, a few insults (as always, you are my favorite moderator, lol) and you didn't say anything.

Do you: (since you are so deep in the debate)
1. actually think Bartra is good enough for Barca?
2. think that he is not good enough for Barca?
3. you are just posting random posts?

You should work on expressing your thoughts more clearly, I told you already.

khaled_a_d

You shouldn't bother arguing with bbz. He's the resident bartra hater of this forum.

Yeah,how dare he not rating Bartra as high as everyone on this forum .
Seriously folks ,if someone doesn't rate a player that doesn't mean he is a hater .
I mean by this logic the whole forum is Gumbau haters

Cule4life

The Culest
Yeah,how dare he not rating Bartra as high as everyone on this forum .
Seriously folks ,if someone doesn't rate a player that doesn't mean he is a hater .
I mean by this logic the whole forum is Gumbau haters

Being a hater is different from giving logical criticism to a player. If you actually agree with bbzs arguments then I don't know what to say.

Bartra hasn't set the world on fire. But he isn't nearly as bad as bbz says he is. Plus he doesn't nearly get enough chances to prove himself. With all our cbs underperforming it's logical to give him a run of matches. But that would be termed as "bartra and la masia lover" in bbz world

JamDav1982

I like Bartra and think he is worth his place in the squad so not wanting to come across as a 'hater' the Bale goal was not down to pace.

Barta came across to Bale as he often does he tried to win the ball early and got sucked in. Bale knocked it past him by which point he was never catching him.

Bartra had two options in that situation to defend better - he should of either wiped Bale out or held back the challenge and try to anticipate the run.

The poor defending allowed Bales pace to become a factor.

Also he did not have 'zero game fitness' he had played 90 mins three times in the league before first leg in previous few games and obviously 90mins x 4 before second leg. He also had sub mins in both previous CL ties.

Last edited:

Co0ter

It's time to go with Bartra as the #3 CB. Masch will be full time midfielder now until Sergi or Iniesta come back, so let's give Pique/Bartra a run. Mathieu has earned a long rest, and there is no sense in slotting Verm for more than occasional duty.

Not sure why you say that, considering Verm was our best CB performer before his injury. Will he stay healthy? Not sure, but as long as he is healthy he deserves to start over Bartra imo. If he doesn't replicate his earlier form, then give Bartra more minutes.

khaled_a_d

Being a hater is different from giving logical criticism to a player. If you actually agree with bbzs arguments then I don't know what to say.

Bartra hasn't set the world on fire. But he isn't nearly as bad as bbz says he is. Plus he doesn't nearly get enough chances to prove himself. With all our cbs underperforming it's logical to give him a run of matches. But that would be termed as "bartra and la masia lover" in bbz world

I don't rate Bartra high either although I recognise and appreciate how he developed in the past couple of years .
BBZ said he isn't good enough to be relied in big games and tbh there is more to support his claim than dismissing it .and while he tends to overanalyze as usual he got some points and it isn't really much illogical than overanalysis IMHO
4 1st team coaches hasn't given him the amount of chances the fans wanted .he never set the world on fire as you said .most games against big teams he never really showed up .
Bartra might deserve much more chances but people calling coaches for not using him or keep complaining about how isn't a starter after playing very weak side isn't really that realistic .naturally overreacting from some poster will get other over reacting responses too
I mean his 1st response was for someone who says that he is by far our best CB this year ,after playing against freakin BATE
For example his is over reacting judging by friendly games ,that is true .but people tend to take any responsibility from Barta in both CDR final and Bayern games and even say he was brilliant in both and just unlucky .he wasn't good defending in both
So ,no .I don't see BBZ being illogical or hater .just someone with opinion that people who don't agree with find the easier response to just claim he is a hater

Home of Barca Fans