Marc Bartra

F

Flavia

Says a lot how much Lucho actually rate Bartra when the latter didn't even sat on the bench during our game against Granada at home today.

I'm not sure if our canteranon is still a part of our squad even when the January transfer window is over.

How can Lucho probably motivate Bartra to stay when the latter usually sitting in the stands most of the time (15 times already)?

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/marc-bartra-segunda-vez-descartado-quince-banquillos-4803368

I think he might play against asspanyol wednesday. Don't think he'll be allowed now, but in the summer he'll probably go.

Jombi

He should be loaned out and if he doesnt perform to Barca levels then sell. It would be shortsighted to sell him in the summer, then him having a fantastic season and then we're stuck with a bunch of 34 year olds as CB. We can only accurately judge players when they are given a solid run of games.

khaled_a_d

He should be loaned out and if he doesnt perform to Barca levels then sell. It would be shortsighted to sell him in the summer, then him having a fantastic season and then we're stuck with a bunch of 34 year olds as CB. We can only accurately judge players when they are given a solid run of games.

He has one of the those playing time clauses ,his buyout will be something like 11-12M IIRC by the end of the year .Many clubs would pay that easily .we can negotiate to increase it for couple of millions so they avoid paying taxes and everyone one wins .but we don't have a leverage and at the age of 25 he is too old to loan and see what he can does

Also ,loaning him could really affect his price .today he is a barca player who doesn't get much playing time .many clubs would think he would be worth investment .but next year after loan?he could be the 26 years old CB who didn't perform well in some other clubs during his loan and we find that we sell him with less than we bought Douglas

My point is ,trying to play it too safe could actually prove to be the biggest risk ,you have to asses what you have and this is Bartra 4th season with 1st team .he lack many aspects that all scream he will never be a Barca starting CB .it could be better to sell him to provide funds for transfers .him and one of Sandro/Munir are probably the only players who would get us money in the summer (or winter in Sandro case) .that money will be needed considering the need of a new starting young CB which now a days cost a fortune .and the need for a back up attacker

God Serena

At this point the word "backup" doesn't even apply to Bartra. He's 5th choice, as I've been saying constantly. Whether he leaves or not doesn't really affect the team. It's a shame, he used to be a fan favorite...

Cule4life

The Culest
Put this outside his house

for-sale-animated.gif

F

Flavia

Tricky
Lucho admits Marc Bartra is in "uncomfortable" situation
The defender has barely featured in the past few weeks for the Catalan giants

Blasco/ San Antonio
| 12.1.2016 | 16:46h.

Luis Enrique admits Marc Bartra's situation at Barcelona is uncomfortable.
The defender has barely featured in the past few weeks and was not happy after being left out during the Club World Cup.

Lucho says he has not spoken to the player about his role in the squad but the player will get to feature more this season.
He explained: "No, I’ve not spoken to [Bartra about being on the bench]. We’ve got a bigger squad now, which means we can’t pick everyone.

"It’s not nice for the player, but I have to make these decisions. Marc seems happy to me, he has the potential but he can still improve, and he’s waiting for his chance.
"It’s an uncomfortable situation, but not a permanent one. I like to rotate my squad, so I am sure he will get chances this season."

God Serena

I dunno why, but when I read the lineup and realized it was Lucho's rotated squad, I burst out laughing when I saw the only rotation Bartra got was going from the stands to the bench.

Richard.H

I feel bad for him. I don't know why, but I do.

He shows so much passion for the club, cares a lot about Barca, works his ass off in practice, but is simply not talented enough to be a starter or even a sub. It shows just how ruthless it is at the very top.

You can have all of the ingredients, but if you're just not good enough, then none of it matters.

God Serena

I feel bad for him. I don't know why, but I do.

He shows so much passion for the club, cares a lot about Barca, works his ass off in practice, but is simply not talented enough to be a starter or even a sub. It shows just how ruthless it is at the very top.

You can have all of the ingredients, but if you're just not good enough, then none of it matters.

I think he was good enough, at one point. His refusal to wake up and smell the coffee is the reason he is as poor as he is. This situation he's in isn't exactly new, although now he can't even impress enough in the sporadic appearances he is getting to warrant the fans asking why he isn't on the teamsheet.

Richard.H

I think he was good enough, at one point. His refusal to wake up and smell the coffee is the reason he is as poor as he is. This situation he's in isn't exactly new, although now he can't even impress enough in the sporadic appearances he is getting to warrant the fans asking why he isn't on the teamsheet.

The truth is the other players are better, it has nothing to do with him "refusing to wake up". He gives his all for the team, it's just that Vermaelen and Mathieu are better CB's than him (lets face it, they are...). Mathieu was ahead of him last year and this year, Vermaelen is back from his injury and is better than Bartra.

He can't really improve himself much more than he already has. He is turning 25 years old tomorrow, which isn't a "young" age for this sport. He is at his peak, I'm sure. He deserves more playing time at another club that can suit his playing level. He got a lot of playing time during Tata's reign because there were very few CB's on the team.

Home of Barca Fans