Marc Bartra

God Serena

The truth is the other players are better, it has nothing to do with him "refusing to wake up". He gives his all for the team, it's just that Vermaelen and Mathieu are better CB's than him (lets face it, they are...). Mathieu was ahead of him last year and this year, Vermaelen is back from his injury and is better than Bartra.

He can't really improve himself much more than he already has. He is turning 25 years old tomorrow, which isn't a "young" age for this sport. He is at his peak, I'm sure. He deserves more playing time at another club that can suit his playing level. He got a lot of playing time during Tata's reign because there were very few CB's on the team.

His refusal to leave is what I was referring to. He never stood a chance of becoming anything here yet remained despite many offers coming his way.

BBZ8800

His refusal to leave is what I was referring to. He never stood a chance of becoming anything here yet remained despite many offers coming his way.

Revisionism again.
When we look back from today's point of view, majority of people will change their opinion about Bartra from 2-3 years ago.
Some of the posts back then were how he is our Varane, how he is the best young Spanish Cb, how he could play in ANY top team in starting 11 right away.
People don't think that anymore about him...

We can't blame him. Bartra tried. He loves the club and he tried to make it here.
But he failed.

Roberto will try also, Suarez also, Halil also.
In this moment all of them have the potential.
In 3-4-5 years time, maybe they will all make it here, but maybe all of them will be new Bartras.
It is hard to tell now.
New potentials always look better than the guys who failed...

Anyway, I was never a fan of Bartra's playing skills, but again, he tried.
Now, aged 25, he has only 2 options:
1. stay forever a 5th or 6th choice here (and maybe eventually a club will get rid of him, like we did with Gabri, Oleguer and similar, who knows)
2. or he can move to some other team, even though he might have huge problems even there, since nobody knows exactly how good or bad he is since he never played a full season in any team. So, he could eventually have a nice career in Valencia or some similar club. But also, he may end as a squad player in Levante or Stoke. Hard to tell...

Kuchi

He had the right age and perspectives, wasn't meant to be for him. We do need a young CB, to ease in our system and enjoy him peaking and owning it, Pique style.

Richard.H

Revisionism again.

2. or he can move to some other team, even though he might have huge problems even there, since nobody knows exactly how good or bad he is since he never played a full season in any team. So, he could eventually have a nice career in Valencia or some similar club. But also, he may end as a squad player in Levante or Stoke. Hard to tell...

He won't be a squad player in Levante or Stoke... He is far too talented for that. I'm not sure how many of you in this forum keep up with our former Canteranos in other teams. Look at how many of them are regular starters for the smaller teams. Fontas was a starter for Celta last year until he picked up an injury, Bojan is loved by most Stoke fans, and Tello is a regular started at Porto.

Bartra is a great player, just a tad bit worse than Vermaelen, which puts him far back in line for the CB's. He can be a starter for mid-table, even high table La Liga clubs... Just not for top UCL clubs.

God Serena

He won't be a squad player in Levante or Stoke... He is far too talented for that. I'm not sure how many of you in this forum keep up with our former Canteranos in other teams. Look at how many of them are regular starters for the smaller teams. Fontas was a starter for Celta last year until he picked up an injury, Bojan is loved by most Stoke fans, and Tello is a regular started at Porto.

Bartra is a great player, just a tad bit worse than Vermaelen, which puts him far back in line for the CB's. He can be a starter for mid-table, even high table La Liga clubs... Just not for top UCL clubs.

Good post but Tello is anything but a regular starter for Porto. He may have been early on but at this point... nah.

MasChe

yep, he could use a bit of Puyol in his life to put his feet back to earth when he gets too excited. Pique was lucky to grow next to him.

Home of Barca Fans