Marc Bartra

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I'm really surprised he's not looking for a move this winter, seems like Lucho has completely given up on him even in easy fixtures :/

xXKonan

Lucho doesn't want him to leave in the winter due to depth but he will likely be sold in the summer.

And I don't buy the fact he's being treated "Harshly" by Lucho it's just a Sad Fact he really isn't good enough to be first choice over guys like Masche,Verm,Mathieu. I mean a lot of us wanted Bartra to be a good Puyol Successor but sadly like Fontas and Muniesa and Montoya they just weren't starting Material for us in the end.

khaled_a_d

We need 5CBs rotation since we have no one in other positions who can play CB
Depth is needed in that position specially in a heavy schedule we are having in 2nd half of the season
Also ,in summer he will have his buyout drops all way to 10-12M IIRC and he can leave to a club he would want easier

Truthist

Lucho doesn't want him to leave in the winter due to depth but he will likely be sold in the summer.

And I don't buy the fact he's being treated "Harshly" by Lucho it's just a Sad Fact he really isn't good enough to be first choice over guys like Masche,Verm,Mathieu. I mean a lot of us wanted Bartra to be a good Puyol Successor but sadly like Fontas and Muniesa and Montoya they just weren't starting Material for us in the end.

It's an opinion of course but he only has to make a slight mistake for him to spend on the bench where as Vermaelen and Mathieu get chance after chance.

It's not the possibility that Bartra is not good enough that is disappointing it's the inconsistency shown by Lucho in giving the young brigade a chance to grow into their roles.

He simply loses faith in them too soon.

It's an opinion of course but he only has to make a slight mistake for him to spend on the bench where as Vermaelen and Mathieu get chance after chance.

It's not the possibility that Bartra is not good enough that is disappointing it's the inconsistency shown by Lucho in giving the young brigade a chance to grow into their roles.

He simply loses faith in them too soon.

Elaborate with examples?

Rafinha, Munir, Roberto has had a lot of playing time. So has Sandro although that was mostly because of Messi's injury to be fair. He's also given Samper and Gumbau a taste of the first team as well. What more do you want?

And Mathieu is a more than capable squad CB to have, he only gets smoked if he plays in LB. Keep in mind he's the same player who won us points against Madrid.

Galning

I love Bartra but he never is going to be more than he is today, at least for us. He's already 25 and never played consistently an entire season, he ain't no kid anymore. He just has to leave in the summer if he wants to improve somewhat as a defender. There's only so much one can learn on the practise field.
If you can't get ahead of Mathieu and Vermaelen then it's time to move on, or accept the role he's been giving now.

xXKonan

Bartra's biggest issue has to be Mentality.

He spent way to long here rotting on the bench and instead of perhaps requesting a loan? there's a good reason like I said above he's benched and it has been that way since he was promoted it seems like he took a gamble and hoped with Puyol aging and us not buying anymore CBs before Lucho came along he would likely be a starter.

Fast forward to 2016 and it's the same story, still rotting on the bench with him being 25 he hasn't improved much and with Lucho having Verm and Mathieu over him in the pecking order due to Barta not even convincing Lucho that he should be ahead of those two.

He's likely gone in the summer which should've happened a lot earlier if he actually thought about himself more and instead of having false hope that perhaps he could be a starter.

Home of Barca Fans