Marc Bartra

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Basically? The linesman has full view over Mascherano, it's never a red card. Same as Arbeloa bringing down Neymar in the Confederation Cup. It's not a clear on goal foul on Bale. It's a yellow card and nothing more, if the ref sends him off it's because he was biased towards Real Madrid. Bartra showed inexperience there. I don't blame him he was probably the most dangerous player on the pitch in the 2nd half scoring and having a long shot saved by Casillas. That's how bad Barcelona played.
No Masch was no where near to covering Bale. Bartra would have been seen as the last man and robbing Bale off a opportunity at goal and consequently sent off leaving us with 10 men to play with in ET

iceon

Sorry, you might be right, but I remember Mascherano having Benzema on the same line. For what it's worth, I don't think there's any chance at all of that having been a red card. No way the ref gives it. I think it's very naive to think refs give red cards for things 50m away from goal especially on the far side as well. An experienced defender would've brought him down for a yellow card. I can promise you, that is never a red card Behrox.

Behrox

You can't take that kind of risks in a Final and ref was pulling YC here and there so can't blame the guy realistically Alves should have been there and Montoya would have been there but after I saw Neymar hit the post it felt like it wasn't meant to be this season. Well there's always next season

iceon

You can't take that kind of risks in a Final and ref was pulling YC here and there so can't blame the guy realistically Alves should have been there and Montoya would have been there but after I saw Neymar hit the post it felt like it wasn't meant to be this season. Well there's always next season

Fair enough. Barcelona has had a lot of success and a rebuilding season would come sometime. Just never expected it to be while we weren't actually rebuilding..

Behrox

Fair enough. Barcelona has had a lot of success and a rebuilding season would come sometime. Just never expected it to be while we weren't actually rebuilding..

We needed to rebuild for 3 seasons now its because of those BS clueless twats on the board that it hasn't begun yet

M

Messi+Eto

We needed to rebuild for 3 seasons now its because of those BS clueless twats on the board that it hasn't begun yet

I honestly don't get it, its been obvious for 3 seasons now. Our defense is one of the worse (Big teams) in Europe!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The kid has the right mentality. I'm still not sold on his defensive abilities but I am sure he deserves to stay at Barca.

CatalinR10

10268717_624655144292266_1871458923896434089_n.jpg

Irish_Cules

Its refreshing to see someone who is actually a danger from set pieces. Every time he plays he wins a header from a corner. He was due a goal from one and last night was such a special moment when he scored. Its a shame the game had to end with Bale outsprinting him like that but there wasnt really much he could have done. He should be pushing for a starting place next season along with whoever is brought in (if anyone is). He's a good guy to have in the squad...he has tons of potential and is clearly passionate about the club. He also looks like he could become a real leader who actually talks on the pitch!

M

Messi4life

THE TRUTH ABOUT MARC BARTRA

Tributes on Bartra shows how badly it's in Barcelona at present. Among all the fallen heroes and transfer ban would be so badly to find something positive, and so grasps man straw (Bartra).

There is absolutely NOTHING in his accomplishments speak for him to be someone coming superstar as a centreback and team captain for Barcelona.

We must accept that he's 23 years old and mediocre, although he possibly appear to be more than mediocre with the current environment.

A squad player? Absolutely.
Something to build on? Absolutely not.

Behrox

THE TRUTH ABOUT MARC BARTRA

Tributes on Bartra shows how badly it's in Barcelona at present. Among all the fallen heroes and transfer ban would be so badly to find something positive, and so grasps man straw (Bartra).

There is absolutely NOTHING in his accomplishments speak for him to be someone coming superstar as a centreback and team captain for Barcelona.

We must accept that he's 23 years old and mediocre, although he possibly appear to be more than mediocre with the current environment.

A squad player? Absolutely.
Something to build on? Absolutely not.
WTF are you going on about he is 23 not effin 33 he has 3-4 years to develop at least thats like 6-8 seasons decades in footballing terms

Alarcón

The kid has the right mentality. I'm still not sold on his defensive abilities but I am sure he deserves to stay at Barca.

Yeah I feel the same way, I wouldn't be comfortable without an additional world class CB but I think it's quite possible that Bartra will still develop into a fantastic defender.

Home of Barca Fans