Marco Reus

IMO the smart thing to do from Reus' perspective would be to remove the buyout in exchange for a salary hike. Sure, if he moves for $35 after next season, he might get a a higher salary than if he was bought for more. But that's more risky than the alternative, because if he ever gets a long term injury or a loss in form in the interim not only will he miss out on the salary hike from BvB, the buying club may not still have the same lucrative offer on the table. Removing the buyout not only would be a nice gesture towards BvB, it would also insures him a better salary in case he ends up staying with him, and when all things considered there's a decent chance that he would receive the same salary regardless of whether his transfer fee was $35 or more.

Co0ter

Alexis will never be a good finisher- no matter how much we pray at night before bed.

Not sure Reus on the RW would be the best idea- I don't think we'd get the best out of him and I'm sick of playing players out of position. I'm all for bringing Suarez or Reus into the team as CF and putting Messi on the RW...he's just as good there. Reus has the speed, height and technical ability to play the CF/false 9 for us....he can also play as a midfielder with Iniesta playing a more dictating role (Xavi-like) and Busquets/Masch as DM. Saurez is just Saurez- a beast in the middle capable of doing everything.

All I know is playing Reus primarily on the RW would be having another WC player playing with one hand behind his back.

Bringing in a defensive RB with some skill and speed (Bartra imo could thrive if given confidence and training, and he's FREE) to play on Messi's side would make up for Messi's lack of defensive contribution and would allow Alba to attack almost freely through the left like Alves used to do.

Last edited:

onzeXI

All I know is playing Reus primarily on the RW would be having another WC player playing with one hand behind his back.

It's amazing how many people think players can adapt to playing somewhere other than their strongest position and still be equally effective. There is a reason why players perform their best at certain positions. Why expect them to be just as good by moving to another spot just because you want them to join your team.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Alexis will never be a good finisher- no matter how much we pray at night before bed.

Not sure Reus on the RW would be the best idea- I don't think we'd get the best out of him and I'm sick of playing players out of position. I'm all for bringing Suarez or Reus into the team as CF and putting Messi on the RW...he's just as good there. Reus has the speed, height and technical ability to play the CF/false 9 for us....he can also play as a midfielder with Iniesta playing a more dictating role (Xavi-like) and Busquets/Masch as DM. Saurez is just Saurez- a beast in the middle capable of doing everything.

Bringing in a defensive RB with some skill and speed (Bartra imo could thrive if given confidence and training, and he's FREE) to play on Messi's side would make up for Messi's lack of defensive contribution and would allow Alba to attack almost freely through the left like Alves used to do.

While I wouldn't play Messi RW, I absolutely agree with you...

Messi is the best at the false 9 thing that's why I wouldn't displace him. But yes, why bring another false 9 or whatever to play RW? If we need a RW then we buy a RW, it's really not that hard...

F

Flavia

It's amazing how many people think players can adapt to playing somewhere other than their strongest position and still be equally effective. There is a reason why players perform their best at certain positions. Why expect them to be just as good by moving to another spot just because you want them to join your team.

Reus played as rw for gladbach. It was stated many times here he was very good there.

onzeXI

Reus played as rw for gladbach. It was stated many times here he was very good there.

The 6 or 8 times I saw him play for Gladbach, he played left wing. I've also seen comments that he played RW a few times, but have no idea how accurate that is or how he performed. I've seen him flip flop to the right side a few times for Dortmund, but never for more than a few minutes at a time.

Last edited:
L

Learo

I think whoever play alongside Messi will struggle. Its our system, sadly. Whenever Messi is out, our other forwards excel and score goals galore. This has been going on for years now. Thats why I always dislike this obsession with Messi's records and competition with Ronaldo. I really dislike saying it, and I dont know what the solution is, but it has to be said.

ammarfcb

ze special one
I think whoever play alongside Messi will struggle. Its our system, sadly. Whenever Messi is out, our other forwards excel and score goals galore. This has been going on for years now. Thats why I always dislike this obsession with Messi's records and competition with Ronaldo. I really dislike saying it, and I dont know what the solution is, but it has to be said.

we we're better with messi-dependacia, just sayin.

Jadentheman

Glad this era of goals is on it's last legs. Should only be about 3 more years.

Tired of this emphasis on goal scoring

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Speculation builds that he's looking for an exit...With Alexis likely to depart, he would be a welcome addition - hope we are in for him

Home of Barca Fans