Marco Reus

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Posted on Facebook that he wanted to shrug off all speculation about his future and that he is only focusing on his upcoming matches, including the important one vs Bayern and that it is all what matters to him right now.

I

instinct

Posted on Facebook that he wanted to shrug off all speculation about his future and that he is only focusing on his upcoming matches, including the important one vs Bayern and that it is all what matters to him right now.

How surprising :pep:

DonAK

To be fair then I posted that so I could start a discussion. I just needed something to post before doing so :lol:

So guys..... Let's say our transfer ban is shortened to the Winter Transfer Window only.........and...... we can buy again in Summer. You have this board done and dusted and a new board in. Marco Reus is available for 25m euros. You don't really need him with the players we got and the upcoming players as well.

What do you do? And if you still would get him, how do you even fit him in the team?

I

instinct

Reus for 25m is nothing for one of the best players in the world. I'd buy him without a single doubt. He wouldn't weaken our team. Instead he would add flair, speed, danger in front of the goal + amazing link-up play.

25m ....

It's unbelievable

DonAK

Reus for 25m is nothing for one of the best players in the world. I'd buy him without a single doubt. He wouldn't weaken our team. Instead he would add flair, speed, danger in front of the goal + amazing link-up play.

25m ....

It's unbelievable

How would you fit him in the lineup? And won't we become like Galacticos then?

I

instinct

How would you fit him in the lineup?

There'd be two options for me (+ the double pivot with Mascherano and Busi)

1140504_FC_Barcelona.jpg

1140503_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Iniesta still has it but doesn't show it at the moment. He doesn't get better and we should think about the future. That doesn't mean that I'd permanently bench him but I wouldn't play him just for the sake of it.

I

instinct

And won't we become like Galacticos then?

I don't understand people who think that Barcelona becomes a new Real Madrid.

La Masia is our model and we should follow that. There are many young players like Adama, Samper, Grimaldo etc who show great potential. We should use them whenever it's possible and try to integrate them into the A-team. It doesn't make any sense to throw into the cold water just because we have to count on them. We need a world-class A-team which has enough quality and experience to cope with Europe's giants. Behind them our youngsters should gain experience to take over.

Would you start Adama in a CL final? Would you have started Dongou in the match vs Atleti in May? The answer has to be no.

DonAK

Interesting lineup and point there instinct. Let's see what others come up with.

With that lineup if Busi makes it at CM, we'll have defensive stability if we get a defensive RB and don't mess around with the CBs and the tactics is not all over the place, there will be width, there will be immense firepower up front.

Of course we'll need Neymar, Suarez and Reus to work really hard as well.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

To be fair then I posted that so I could start a discussion. I just needed something to post before doing so :lol:

So guys..... Let's say our transfer ban is shortened to the Winter Transfer Window only.........and...... we can buy again in Summer. You have this board done and dusted and a new board in. Marco Reus is available for 25m euros. You don't really need him with the players we got and the upcoming players as well.

What do you do? And if you still would get him, how do you even fit him in the team?

You're one year ahead. New board only in june 2016.

But if we can buy next summer, getting Reus should be THE priority. Along with another cb and a rb. He should replace Iniesta in the starting 11.

----------MAtS----------
RB - CB - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic-----Busi-----Reus
----------Messi----------
Suarez----------Neymar

DonAK

You're one year ahead. New board only in june 2016.

But if we can buy next summer, getting Reus should be THE priority. Along with another cb and a rb. He should replace Iniesta in the starting 11.

----------MAtS----------
RB - CB - Mathieu - Alba
Rakitic-----Busi-----Reus
----------Messi----------
Suarez----------Neymar

I know, but im thinking along the lines of this board fucking up even more and a No-confidence motion kicking off early elections come April, May-ish......

F

Flavia

I know, but im thinking along the lines of this board fucking up even more and a No-confidence motion kicking off early elections come April, May-ish......

You're optmistic :p
I can't see it happening. A vote of no confidence requires 25000 signatures. Rosell was elected with a record vote of 35000. Most socios don't care. It's the sad truth :(

It's easier for Bartomeu to get re-elected, with grupo godo and md support, than a vote of no confidence happening.

DonAK

You're optmistic :p
I can't see it happening. A vote of no confidence requires 25000 signatures. Rosell was elected with a record vote of 35000. Most socios don't care. It's the sad truth :(

It's easier for Bartomeu to get re-elected, with grupo godo and md support, than a vote of no confidence happening.

Yeah, it is very difficult, but atleast we can dream :p

I also thought I would kickstart a discussion here. Was starting to get very boring with all the doom and gloom lately so why not have a discussion about future scenarios regarding a player most people seem to like and want to have on their team ;)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
As much Id like him to be here , we really should first strengthen our defense and midfield no matter how much money we need to pay and if its still possible we should get him.

Home of Barca Fans