Marco Verratti

Bertus

I was taking slight mock at you from Pogba :xavi:

you took it well, kudos

Pogba aside, so many players from Ligue 1 (and from France generally) were in the end overrated and overpaid that I even thought that it must have a bit, just a little bit of truth to it :D

EdmondDantes

50 million is nowhere near enough to acquire Verratti's services under normal circumstances, now bearing in mind how wealthy PSG are, the amount would have to be far higher. And he would be worth every penny and more.

Antimadridista1

Why can't we just splash 30/40m or even 50m for Thiago Alcantara ? Bring the young lad back , Xavi is leaving this summer.
He's better than Verrati when both are on top form.

Jombi

Why can't we just splash 30/40m or even 50m for Thiago Alcantara ? Bring the young lad back , Xavi is leaving this summer.

Is Bayern cash strapped?

Yeah, buy back our own Cesc and see Thiago leave as a result. Buy back Thiago and who will leave as a result? Samper? And then we buy back Samper? This sillyness needs to end.

Bertus

- Bayern doesn't need money. same case as oil clubs.
- Contrary to PSG or City, they are not under FFP, so even less reason to sell players for money.
- Pep is still there and Alcantara is not for sale.

Again a case of some people thinking Barca can get what they want and when they want because they are "Barca".

If it doesn't work on PSG, I don't see how this strategy (if it can be called one) could work on Bayern.

Bertus

Got interviewed in Canal Football Club just now:

- He hopes he will win the Champions League with Paris, because he knows PSG is waiting this trophy for a long time now, and that he wants to be one to help the club to reach that goal.

- He also said he's fallen in love with Paris (the city), and that he's overjoyed to see that the whole club, fans, players, staff, etc. all gave their confidence to him.

khaled_a_d

- Contrary to PSG or City, they are not under FFP, so even less reason to sell players for money.

Again a case of some people thinking Barca can get what they want and when they want because they are "Barca".

If it doesn't work on PSG, I don't see how this strategy (if it can be called one) could work on Bayern.

Players can always force their way out even in the biggest clubs ,but their is a price for that and most players aren't willing to pay
If a player doesn't renew his contract and accept the old cheap payroll he is getting during it he can force the move usually 1-2 years b4 it ends ,maximum after it ends obviously
That won't happen because it is Barca who want the player at all .
And in fact it happened with clubs like Bayern ,forced to let Kroos go b4 1 year of his contract when he refused to renew
Real Madrid forced to sell Di Maria and looked for James when the financial demands of the Argentinian was too much ,even us had to let Thiago go ,he forced a minute related buyout and when he didn't play he told us he is leaving and we had to sell for Bayern .
Manu had to sell Cr7 for RM ,Chelsea sold Luiz for PSG .etc
That is obviously not the case with Veratti since he is renewing to 2019 IIRC ,But Thiago is different case tbh as his contract ends in 2017 .so next summer he can do a Kroos specially with Pep contract coming to an end .

Alarcón

Thiago has a contract until 2017. If he doesn't renew, Bayern will sell him in 2016. They don't want to let players go for free, same case as Kroos.

Bertus

P
That is obviously not the case with Veratti since he is renewing to 2019 IIRC

Nope, his current contract already is till 2019. The rumors is him renewing till 2020 or 2022 (his agent wants 2020, PSG would like 2022. Di Campli likes it that way, so he can get a paycheck every year)

Antimadridista1

If Thiago doesn't renew and Pep leaves Bayern, I can see Thiago coming back. The price won't be a problem in my opinion, I can't see Bayern selling him for more than 20/30, which is already a lot for a midfielder who will have one year left in his contract.

Concerning Marco, I don't think that he'll leave PSG because no one can convince Nasser to sell the young italian.

Home of Barca Fans