Marco Verratti

Andrew M

Ronaldo, Benzema, James, Isco, Kroos, Varane, Marcelo, Ramos, Bale, Di Maria etc, etc were all bought when they were in the first half or their 20s or younger. And so far they have bought Danilo who is 23, and is linked with De Gea who is 24 (and goalies have a longer career). Its extremely rare for them to splash on someone who is 26-27 years old.

Figo - 27/28
Zidane - 29
Beckham - 28
Ronaldo (brazilian) - 26
Xabi Alonso - 27/28
Kaka - 27
Modric - 27

Jombi

Figo - 27/28
Zidane - 29
Beckham - 28
Ronaldo (brazilian) - 26
Xabi Alonso - 27/28
Kaka - 27
Modric - 27

Most of these purchases were in a different era completely. In the last 5-10 years, they almost exclusively focus on players younger than 25.

Icarium

Lifestealer
So an official press release by Real Madrid denying the Verratti rumours.

http://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2015/06/comunicado-oficial

Are they gonna do it with every rumour now? or maybe they realized messing up relations with PSG for a lost cause is not worth it.

Really didn't expect them to deny it like with they did with pogba. Why do they even need to do it. They didn't do it for sterling rumors though if you know what i mean :pep:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think Nasser forced them to, Verratti is staying at PSG, and Pogba moving there is a done deal. :coffee:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Thankfully verratti stays at psg, don't want him to move to real. Their midfield will be monstrous if he does. But i won't be that worried as long we have messi playing at his current level. Madrid can buy whoever they want we will still have the edge.

EdmondDantes

If they get Verratti I see Kroos on the bench. He's had a poor season and is well behind Marco and Modric for the CM positions and behind James and Isco (imo) for the more advanced midfield spot.

EdmondDantes

No chance for getting Verratti. Madrid should focus on Pogba and help us dodge that bullet

That's my wish as well. I'm sure the little fellow would love it here. If we signed him I see him retiring with our shirt, after giving us over a decade of brilliance.

Pogba to me is a very good player but I don't see why people are quoting his fee over 80 million Euros. I'd say 40 mil would be fair for him. Whereas Verratti is pretty much the other way round. People are saying 50 million or thereabouts but I would happily offer over 80 million for him.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Definitely suspicious. I really doubt that we won't go for Pogba or Verratti this summer.

You have Modric, Kroos, James, Isco, why do you want Pogba or Verratti? Khedira is gone, and Ilarra should go too. You need two great dm's more.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You have Modric, Kroos, James, Isco, why do you want Pogba or Verratti? Khedira is gone, and Ilarra should go too. You need two great dm's more.

Hunt for DM's. Lot of clubs want a quality DM now. But we have 2 world class DM's, that too easily both are in top 5 DM's right now. We are damn lucky.

Jombi

Hunt for DM's. Lot of clubs want a quality DM now. But we have 2 world class DM's, that too easily both are in top 5 DM's right now. We are damn lucky.

Sergi Roberto should be ahead of Mascherano as our backup DM IMO. But with Vermaelen back and Xavi leaving, I fear that Masche will be played alot in midfield next season, even though Roberto has been better whenever he has been given the chance.

Home of Barca Fans