Marco Verratti

I could be mistaken but PSG doesn't have to sell a player to spend 200m in the next window.

i believe PSG can afford around 150 m deficit tops. That's barely enough to get Pogba and Ronaldo let alone accommodate their wages. And forget any additional players.
Of course PSG would be mistaken to sell Verratti tho... I don't think they'll bite.

Roberto can absolutely play alongside Verratti. Both iniesta and rakitic won't last forever, Rafinha may not make it though.

Jair Ventura

i believe PSG can afford around 150 m deficit tops. That's barely enough to get Pogba and Ronaldo let alone accommodate their wages. And forget any additional players.
Of course PSG would be mistaken to sell Verratti tho... I don't think they'll bite.

Roberto can absolutely play alongside Verratti. Both iniesta and rakitic won't last forever, Rafinha may not make it though.

I was under the impression that spending had to be in line with revenues?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
"Marco Verratti’s agent has confirmed the midfielder is in talks to extend his contract with Paris Saint-Germain."

Just using using us to get a higher paycheck as expected.

serghei

I wonder how many rejections it will take before the Barcelona fanbase will understand that PSG are in no hurry to sell their players. Since their middle Eastern takeover no club has bought a player off them that had significant quality. Thiago Silva, Verratti, Marquinhos,...

That's true partly because they pay their players a lot of money. Well paid players rarely push hard for a transfer. Not to mention that if somebody is tempted to go, PSG could add some $ to their contracts. In this way, the temptation fades away very quickly when these players look at their bank account at the end of each month.

Lutece FC

FInancial Fair Play is dead with the last amount in England for the TV rights. Verratti will stay in Paris. No Ronaldo, and no Pogba. Remember this post.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Different people have different aspirations. Maybe he does want to spend his career in Ligue 1 butchering minnows for fun. Hey, easy champions every year. Can't beat that.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
cannot say it's not for the best for his career... we do not know their plans!

Well their plans are to win the UCL. What would you choose as a player:
a) Free French league title every year in a boring league thats won by freaking December and a (growing by every year) chance to win the UCL which isn't that high
b) Playing for Barca or RM, fighting for the La Liga title vs Barca/RM, ATM and others and a good run in UCL,by being 1 of top 3 favorites. Not to mention the chance to play with MSN/Ronaldo, IniestaBusi/KroosModricIscoJames or whatever.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well their plans are to win the UCL. What would you choose as a player:
a) Free French league title every year in a boring league thats won by freaking December and a (growing by every year) chance to win the UCL which isn't that high
b) Playing for Barca or RM, fighting for the La Liga title vs Barca/RM, ATM and others and a good run in UCL,by being 1 of top 3 favorites. Not to mention the chance to play with MSN/Ronaldo, IniestaBusi/KroosModricIscoJames or whatever.
I know.... Look at it this way man.

On one hand the guy must be offered:
1) Ridiculously good amount,
2) Regular playing time no matter what (which he might not get at, say Barca, I mean Thiago a home-grown player thought so and left. And many young prodigies lost their impressive run of form & promising career coz of their move to Real!)
3) A plan to improve the club prospects and may be a promise to bring in a manager like Pep (I know he is going to City, but City were no better than Paris 5 years ago!) which could improve their chances in CL too!

On the other hand:
Yeah he would get to play with the likes of MSN, and of course playing at Camp Nou would probably be dream come true for any footballer

At the end of the day.... Career prospects of a footballer means earning as much as he can and, if he is a good player, leaving behind a legacy! I am sure he will be earning tons at Paris, definitely better than what he would earn any where else and if, just an IF, he does help Paris to achieve some thing beautiful, that's it he left a legacy behind him!

Depending on how good a job they would have done convincing him that PSG does have a promising future, he might not exactly have taken a wrong step!

And then again.... Lucas Moura was also considered to have a great future, the next big thing, many cried a river when he signed for PSG and etc... But what happened? He is now available at a markdown price and still would have good chance to experience the pinnacle of a footballer's career! You know, winning Champions League!! You know it's very much possible because he still has over 10 years career left, just like Verratti!!

Home of Barca Fans