Marco Verratti

Co0ter

He can play for 10 more years sure, but he's like 23 already...he has 6 years left and his prime will be over. He's going to spend his best years at PSG...and that's a shame.

Obiaseti

This^. Yeah he's a Barca type midfielder but I'd rather have someone that actually wants to be here. It's a pity but it's not the end of the world. Who knows what the future holds. The next big midfielder might already be with us.

Co0ter

Midfielders of Verratti's mold are very rare, there actually isn't anyone like him (around his age, 21-28 even). Gundogan has some of his qualities...but Verratti has all his qualities and much more...Gundogan might just have a better shot/finish.

Just a shame. Not sure what they do over there in Paris to keep players other than have an iconic city and ridiculous salaries. I can't believe that people can be that motivated by money...whether you make 8mil a year or 6mil...does it really matter?! I'd be motivated by titles and leaving my mark on history. Shame.

Jair Ventura

Midfielders of Verratti's mold are very rare, there actually isn't anyone like him (around his age, 21-28 even). Gundogan has some of his qualities...but Verratti has all his qualities and much more...Gundogan might just have a better shot/finish.

Just a shame. Not sure what they do over there in Paris to keep players other than have an iconic city and ridiculous salaries. I can't believe that people can be that motivated by money...whether you make 8mil a year or 6mil...does it really matter?! I'd be motivated by titles and leaving my mark on history. Shame.

Perhaps professional footballers have more incite on the game, and therefore it's clubs, than you do? May explain why your negative opinions of PSG aren't shared amongst players. In any case, Verratti's allegedly signed for 65m€ over 6 years, leaving him at the club until at least 2021. Good for him, good for Paris.

Catalan Fan

This^. Yeah he's a Barca type midfielder but I'd rather have someone that actually wants to be here. It's a pity but it's not the end of the world. Who knows what the future holds. The next big midfielder might already be with us.

I think that may be the case.The Bearded One.

Co0ter

Perhaps professional footballers have more incite on the game, and therefore it's clubs, than you do? May explain why your negative opinions of PSG aren't shared amongst players. In any case, Verratti's allegedly signed for 65m€ over 6 years, leaving him at the club until at least 2021. Good for him, good for Paris.

Insight on the game, perhaps. On the club? Not so much. They all know where the money comes from and who runs the club, they just dont care. They know about the histories of the clubs as well. 65mil over 6 years puts it into perspective for me though.

Jair Ventura

Insight on the game, perhaps. On the club? Not so much. They all know where the money comes from and who runs the club, they just dont care. They know about the histories of the clubs as well. 65mil over 6 years puts it into perspective for me though.

With respect, you know fuck all about what and whom Paris is as a club. Even fewer people have any ideas about Qatar or its socio-politics so lets stick to the football. More and more players of quality are looking towards France, it's high time people get over it.

anguy

They have a good management. Their best players are all given extensions well in advance so that when other clubs are interested, they have little leverage to force a transfer with so many years remaining on contract. I don't think PSG allowed "hostile" sale of one of their players since new owners arrived, so players and agents know they have little chance to force transfer. PSG can now even bench player for years a and destroy his career, they can afford it moneywise and they don't have a league competition so it's not very risky for them to bench even good players.

More and more players of quality are looking towards France, it's high time people get over it.

Not really. Maybe some are looking towards PSG, but after Monaco firesale there are no exciting destinations for top players in France. Good players want OUT not in.

They have a good management. Their best players are all given extensions well in advance so that when other clubs are interested, they have little leverage to force a transfer with so many years remaining on contract. I don't think PSG allowed "hostile" sale of one of their players since new owners arrived, so players and agents know they have little chance to force transfer. PSG can now even bench player for years a and destroy his career, they can afford it moneywise and they don't have a league competition so it's not very risky for them to bench even good players.

Not really. Maybe some are looking towards PSG, but after Monaco firesale there are no exciting destinations for top players in France. Good players want OUT not in.

It's dangerous to bench good players though, rep & all. Look at all the fuss stupid rabiot managed to make over his playing time.

Rybolovlev is done with his divorce so there's a chance Monaco will reinvest though probably not as massively as whenever falcao was signed.

Good players want to play for top clubs. And top teammates. And good opponents.
With PSG they get the top club treatment, an excellent team, good opponents in the guaranteed KO phase every year, and while the L1 can't remotely be called great or entertaining, it's tactically diverse and physical enough to keep a team fit & growing. Also while the title is a sure thing now, there are two national cups and no team save last year's PSG has ever won all at once.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
All good but still a second tier to La Liga, Barca and prestige of playing alongside Messi.

GL to him, we need players with their hearts set for this team like Suarez, Rakitic, Arday Vidal...

Co0ter

With respect, you know fuck all about what and whom Paris is as a club. Even fewer people have any ideas about Qatar or its socio-politics so lets stick to the football. More and more players of quality are looking towards France, it's high time people get over it.

No one is looking to play in France other than PSG; and that's because PSG pays them a ton of money. How many big names wanted to play for PSG before the money took over?

Yea, that's what I thought.

Co0ter

I wouldn't call that good management or even clever management...it is what every single team would do if they had unlimited money to give all their players raises every 2 seasons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In regards to Qatar...
Day will come when their terrorist funding will be judged for what it is, a war crime. US, UK and co. won't be shielding them and Saudis forever.

In the meantime who knows if some affairs will surface in regards to their World Cup hosting.

Home of Barca Fans