Marco Verratti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing will happen in our lifetime and it's not like those countries don't have skeletons in their closet either.

As long as they have money, nothing will happen. QSI won't get bored of PSG anytime soon either.

Jair Ventura

Not really. Maybe some are looking towards PSG, but after Monaco firesale there are no exciting destinations for top players in France. Good players want OUT not in.

Monaco brought in a group of youth arguably more talented than their last(Lamar, Traoré, Cavalier, Bahlouli, Saint-Maxim, etc), Rybolovlev has managed to minimize the losses of his divorce settlement, and the club has balanced its books while somehow stumbling into 2nd place in the league at the winter break. Having established themselves as a top destination for developing prospects, I think there's more than enough reasons to feel optimistic about their potential going forward.

No one is looking to play in France other than PSG; and that's because PSG pays them a ton of money. How many big names wanted to play for PSG before the money took over?

Yea, that's what I thought.

There's a number of clubs capable of paying top wages so there's obviously more appeal to the club than its finances. But to answer your question; Ronaldinho, Bernard Lama, Raï, Pauleta, Georges Weah, and so on. That aside, as a supporter of Barcelona you more than anyone should understand the quickness at which a club can propel itself atop the footballing world.

I wouldn't call that good management or even clever management...it is what every single team would do if they had unlimited money to give all their players raises every 2 seasons.

This is a naive assertion contradicted by the fact that Manchester City, despite starting their project three years prior to QSI purchasing Paris, has failed to establish a roster or youth set up of similar quality. Or United even, where SAF left the club only a year before the aforementioned purchase of PSG, yet find themselves in a far worse position now and in the foreseeable future despite comparable spending. And then you have your very on Madrid, but I don't think I need to remind you of the incompetence of their board.

In regards to Qatar...
Day will come when their terrorist funding will be judged for what it is, a war crime. US, UK and co. won't be shielding them and Saudis forever.

In the meantime who knows if some affairs will surface in regards to their World Cup hosting.

It's interesting to me that you would assert such a thing when the evidence available suggest their is no ties between the Qatari government and known terrorist groups, yet such ties do exist between the governments of the U.S. and U.K. and the rebel groups that became Isis. But then, the latter two countries have been supporting coups, rebels, and dictators wherever and whenever it serves their interest for the better part of a century now.

In any case, to get back to the football, the French leagues are weak right now, there's no denying that. But the quality of their academies coupled with the strength of PSG and the backing of beIN, I don't think their that far away from becoming a very strong league. Eventually one or two of Marseille, Lyon, Saint-Etienne, Lille, or Bordeaux will stumble upon a capable investor and when they do the quality of the competition will become more comparable to the Spanish, German, or Italian championships. Honestly, I don't think there's much separating Ligue 1 from the latter two as is, but that could be my bias speaking.

Last edited:
Problem is seriously investing in france is nigh impossible as is. PSG is a special case with QSI being the massive sports fund that it is and Monaco enjoys special fiscal exemptions as it is not part of France. Rybolovlev paid 50 million euros for that privilege directly to the league (one more reason to hope for more investment from rybo). They had asked for 100 in the first place :lol:

Look at Marseille, they've been trying for years to restructure the club in order to sell it and no one is interested. The home burglaries don't help either in their case.
Bottomline, the thorough incompetence of the league board, horrible fiscal conditions, 2 cup system with little prize money, shambolic refereeing and shitty pitches are all massive problems for L1.

Just today AS Saint-Etienne's president commented on Franck Tabanou making over twice as much as an unused sub in the english second division than as a starter in a team making EL spots.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Problem is seriously investing in france is nigh impossible as is. PSG is a special case with QSI being the massive sports fund that it is and Monaco enjoys special fiscal exemptions as it is not part of France. Rybolovlev paid 50 million euros for that privilege directly to the league (one more reason to hope for more investment from rybo). They had asked for 100 in the first place :lol:

Look at Marseille, they've been trying for years to restructure the club in order to sell it and no one is interested. The home burglaries don't help either in their case.
Bottomline, the thorough incompetence of the league board, horrible fiscal conditions, 2 cup system with little prize money, shambolic refereeing and shitty pitches are all massive problems for L1.

Just today AS Saint-Etienne's president commented on Franck Tabanou making over twice as much as an unused sub in the english second division than as a starter in a team making EL spots.

I don't disagree with any of your points, but PSG & beIN are still new projects attempting to establish a foundation of long term sustainability that was previously absent from Ligue 1. If they become the successes I believe they will I have no doubt that it will be felt throughout the French leagues, be that in the way of attracting additional investment or creating an environment that developing talents are less inspired to leave. I don't know, it's still early, but I do understand QSI to be committed in the same way Skysports was committed to the EPL earlier in its development, and that can only be positive. After all, it wasn't that long ago that canal+ helped Ligue 1 top the UEFA coefficients.

I don't disagree with any of your points, but PSG & beIN are still new projects attempting to establish a foundation of long term sustainability that was previously absent from Ligue 1. If they become the successes I believe they will I have no doubt that it will be felt throughout the French leagues, be that in the way of attracting additional investment or creating an environment that developing talents are less inspired to leave. I don't know, it's still early, but I do understand QSI to be committed in the same way Skysports was committed to the EPL earlier in its development, and that can only be positive. After all, it wasn't that long ago that canal+ helped Ligue 1 top the UEFA coefficients.

There's also the uefa rankings situation to look at. Russia, Portugal and France could finish the season in any order throughout 5-7 th place, and seventh place has only 2 CL spots.
Its now or never for France as Portugal has dropped some points lately; things are so close between those three leagues that an end season ranking at 5th place might give the league the edge to actually stay 5th and rack up more points.

Jair Ventura

You are on the verge of extending your contract with PSG until 2021, the contract would place on the podium of the highest paid Italian players. It will be hard to make you leave Paris.

Verratti: We can not promise to his career today in one club, but I, in footballing terms, I now feel more French than Italian. In 2012, PSG could build on the best players in the world but chose instead to focus on me, and that I will not forget. And say that at first I did not want to go. I did not want to leave Italy when rising Pescara in Serie A, but I understood that some trains passed only once in life, and just an injury or a bad season for certain opportunities not represent more. This is why I advise my son to leave home to grow. I have made many mistakes but I became more mature.

http://www.culturepsg.com/news/club...gazzetta-dello-sport/6921#t7aWSo6cH489AfS6.99

El Flaco

[tw]682865534535380992[/tw]

Verratti is 1st with 29% of votes. Buffon is 2nd (26%) and Candreva is 3rd (21%).

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More than he deserves actually. Was far from the best player on the Italian NT. Atleast from what I saw in the EC Qualifiers.

Club + NT together and Buffon edges it over him IMO.

Jair Ventura

Manchester United and Real Madrid have been linked with moves for Verratti, who joined PSG from Pescara in 2012 and has since blossomed into one of Europe's top-rated playmakers.

The 23-year-old's existing contract is due to expire in June 2019 but his agent has revealed it is only a matter of time before he will ink a renewal.
"We have agreed terms over a new deal," Donato Di Campli told Corriere dello Sport.

"It is only a matter of putting it down on paper. Marco will stay with PSG for a long time, at least until 2020.
"This is already the fourth time he has signed a contract renewal [since joining PSG]. He now has to show again that he is worth his wages."

Verratti recently revealed his desire to work with future Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti again and Di Campli believes a transfer to the Bundesliga champions at some stage in the future is more likely than a move to either Barcelona or Madrid.

"It would be less complicated for Marco to play for Bayern one day than to join Madrid or Barcelona," he added.
"Both Spanish sides have too many ties with Qatar to do something that could upset PSG."

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/verratti-agrees-psg-renewal#:yofNzDmaAogCWQ

EdmondDantes

1452284780-verratti-psg-bastia.gif

"Allow it man, I got the ball ref, I swear!"

Lutece FC

CbPNSsFWEAADFPY.jpg

Thank you Nasser :xavi:

And excellent communication of the club, just after the Aurier case.

Now let's kick the Chelsea's ass.

Home of Barca Fans