Mario Gotze

Alarcón

Isco had 1 assist in over 30 games in his last season at Málaga. His vision is not outstanding and he usually has his eyes on the ball. Great player otherwise but that's his one substantial weakness.

james baldwin

He's been such a massive let-down. I remember when people used to compare him to Hazard and Neymar. He's at least two levels below those players.

Of course Bayern probably did it to weaken BVB, but for that amount of money, was it really worth it?

CuleLife4Life

Well the only Bayern forum I frequent has most posters in agreement that its time to end the Gotze experiment. I don't know. I think he is still super young to still fulfill his potential but for the transfer fee and wages he is on, it was definitely a not worth it.

DrPepper

Overrated, but unfortunately will always be a legend because of 'that' goal... He can do an Özil and no one will really care.

DinhoR10

Overrated, but unfortunately will always be a legend because of 'that' goal... He can do an Özil and no one will really care.

Won't be too high on the legends list considering germany have won the wc before and have dozens of better players in their history. The hardcore fans will remember him but if he continues on this path he won't be given very many statues. Has talent though, I bet Lucho could probably whip him into shape.

He's still a great player but he was never going to be as good as Hazard and Neymar. He's a level below that with the likes of James, Isco, De Bruyne etc

Not his fault German media overrated him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course Bayern probably did it to weaken BVB, but for that amount of money, was it really worth it?

I am the last person to defend Bayern, but what you said above is simply not true. Goetze was billed "the German player of the century", every German club would want to lay their hands on him. Plus, he grew up as a Bayern fan, combined with the Guardiola factor (it was believed that he wanted to play for him), that's why he left.

He is still young, almost a year younger than Neymar and 2 years younger than Hazard, it is way too early to say he will not be comparable to the two. Neymar hasn't been that great either, has he?

Well the only Bayern forum I frequent has most posters in agreement that its time to end the Gotze experiment. I don't know. I think he is still super young to still fulfill his potential but for the transfer fee and wages he is on, it was definitely a not worth it.

They'd love that. Knowing Bayern's management, they'll probably be able to sell him for 60m even if he doesn't bag another goal or assist for the rest of the year :lol:

Sometimes I wonder if they're just really good at negotiating, or if some things are paid under-the-table

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am the last person to defend Bayern, but what you said above is simply not true. Goetze was billed "the German player of the century", every German club would want to lay their hands on him. Plus, he grew up as a Bayern fan, combined with the Guardiola factor (it was believed that he wanted to play for him), that's why he left.

He is still young, almost a year younger than Neymar and 2 years younger than Hazard, it is way too early to say he will not be comparable to the two. Neymar hasn't been that great either, has he?

Neymar has been great considering he came from the Brazilian League.

They had, and still have, no use for him. It was apparent in 2013, and painfully obvious nowadays. They simply didn't want BVB to be in a position to threaten them consistently. Honestly, it would've been better if they let him develop for 2-3 more years at BVB before swooping in. Right now, I can't even believe that Pep was the one who pushed for the transfer; even he has no idea what to do with him. Unless this is a ploy to lower his value so Barca can swoop in for him with a 16m bid by Laporta :barca scarf:

Neymar right now is at least one level higher than Gotze, coming from someone who thought that BVB Gotze will be better than Santos Neymar.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Does 4 months count as almost a year now? or 17 month are 2 years :wub: ,and it isn't like they are 17&18 of age . 1 year difference in early 20's aren't that big IMO
But I agree he wasn't bought to just to weaken BVB , He was gr8 player that every club wanted him and the chance presented itself and they would have been fool to turn their back to it ,weakening BVB was just the icing on the cake but wasn't the main goal

He will be remembered but I doubt he will be always considered a legend ,plenty of players scored in WC final and Germany have won it plenty of time .if he flopped this will be more of Belletti scoring in CL final ,sort of

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans