Mario Gotze

Morten

Hope the traitor continues his poor form, it always brings a smile when he is struggling on the pitch for Bayern. He got what he deserved for now.

Goetze has been solid scoring wise anyway but he was advertised as a generational talent by German media as were Neymar and Hazard. Those two have taken significant strides every season while he has stagnated or dare I say regressed over the past couple of years.

There's of a distinct lack of intelligence, creativity, ingenuity & consistency in his game. The speed, technique, dribbling & close control all seem to have deserted him as well. He was supposed to be the poster boy & matchwinner for both Pep's Bayern and the German NT but he's been relegated to a role player in both teams.

Paganinisrvnge

A few years ago when he was awesome at Dortmund I was certain by now he'd be a consistently top 10 player in the world or even top 5 but he's stagnated. Should've stayed at Dortmund.

xavisionary

I hesitate every time I click on this thread thinking someone may have posted 'that' Mario Gotze picture *shudder*. I've maintained a long time that I've no idea what the fuss is over Gotze, he's certainly nowhere near as good as Neymar or Hazard. I'd say even Draxler had surpassed him tbh.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hesitate every time I click on this thread thinking someone may have posted 'that' Mario Gotze picture *shudder*. I've maintained a long time that I've no idea what the fuss is over Gotze, he's certainly nowhere near as good as Neymar or Hazard. I'd say even Draxler had surpassed him tbh.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. For starters, let's get Draxler healthy enough to play first. And secondly, even though Goetze's impact on the game has been very limited, his goals/assists stats are not bad. Draxler can't boast either.

xavisionary

If I were building a world XI and I was offered either Gotze or Draxler as an AM I'd choose Draxler every time, regardless of stats. I respect your opinion though, and Draxler does come with his injury problems.

G

Gasgas

Goetze has been solid scoring wise anyway but he was advertised as a generational talent by German media as were Neymar and Hazard. Those two have taken significant strides every season while he has stagnated or dare I say regressed over the past couple of years.

There's of a distinct lack of intelligence, creativity, ingenuity & consistency in his game. The speed, technique, dribbling & close control all seem to have deserted him as well. He was supposed to be the poster boy & matchwinner for both Pep's Bayern and the German NT but he's been relegated to a role player in both teams.

He won them the world cup :wave:

Hummelsbauer

Very good game today from him. Robbery being out and Thiago being back is doing him good. He gets more of the ball through the middle and link up play between him, Lewandowski, and Müller is also much more active, and he excels at that.

Many of his problems are a systematic problem. Can't believe people write off a 22 year old. Clearly still has the potential to become one of the world's best players, and in a way I still hope he does.

Last edited:

Morten

So what makes the two different then? Not trolling, just curious as to how you can call Gotze a traitor (well he is, but yeah) :lol:

The Figo transfer was a year or two before i got interested in football, and Madrid in particular. But yeah, i guess he was a traitor.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Hope the traitor continues his poor form, it always brings a smile when he is struggling on the pitch for Bayern. He got what he deserved for now.

Poor form? He was very good yesterday. Was a shame that he only hit the post after that beautiful dribbling run of his.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well the only Bayern forum I frequent has most posters in agreement that its time to end the Gotze experiment.

Sounds like a bunch of retarded glory hunters to me.

Götze still has massive potential and when in form even works in Pep's system and tactics, but of course he is very underutilized by him. Yes, Pep is definitely to blame as well that Götze's spell at Bayern has mostly been a mixed-bag so far. Götze on the wing or as CM is a waste. Götze is a classical CAM.
Pep won't be Bayern coach forever. Selling Götze seems like a very stupid idea.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans