Mario Gotze

R

Ryu Hayabusa

They'd love that. Knowing Bayern's management, they'll probably be able to sell him for 60m even if he doesn't bag another goal or assist for the rest of the year :lol:

Sometimes I wonder if they're just really good at negotiating, or if some things are paid under-the-table

As a matter of fact, Bayern have been VERY poor when it comes to getting an adequate amount of money for players they allow to leave since for some reason, they always go with the wishes of the player in terms of his favorite desitnation instead of their own wishes in terms of maximizing profit.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Bayern should get a Marina Granovskaia. :p She knows how to wring unfair amounts of money for players out of even lesser clubs. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sounds like a bunch of retarded glory hunters to me.

Götze still has massive potential and when in form even works in Pep's system and tactics, but of course he is very underutilized by him. Yes, Pep is definitely to blame as well that Götze's spell at Bayern has mostly been a mixed-bag so far. Götze on the wing or as CM is a waste. Götze is a classical CAM.
Pep won't be Bayern coach forever. Selling Götze seems like a very stupid idea.

I definitely agree that Guardiola playing him out of position had a significant role in Goetze's (relatively) lackluster performance, but I don't think that was the only reason. He is not Bayern's focal point of attack, he is not high in the packing order, definitely behind Robbery, Lewandowski and Mueller, in other words, both he himself and your team have not entrusted him with all the confidence and responsibility. Also, I feel he doesn't always give his 100% all the time, so there could be a personal effort/engagement issue.

As a matter of fact, Bayern have been VERY poor when it comes to getting an adequate amount of money for players they allow to leave since for some reason, they always go with the wishes of the player in terms of his favorite desitnation instead of their own wishes in terms of maximizing profit.

Is that so? I honestly feel like they consistently get the better of their business, whether it be paying low for quality players with potential, or making a profit on an unwanted/underachieving talent. I stand corrected then.

Paganinisrvnge

If you told me Neymar would be clearly superior to Gotze a few years ago I would've laughed. I thought Neymar was overrated and Gotze was the best young talent. I actually think they still have similar levels of pure talent but the way their careers have played out have changed drastically. Gotze could've really flourished had he stayed with Dortmund.

Yannik

If you told me Neymar would be clearly superior to Gotze a few years ago I would've laughed. I thought Neymar was overrated and Gotze was the best young talent. I actually think they still have similar levels of pure talent but the way their careers have played out have changed drastically. Gotze could've really flourished had he stayed with Dortmund.

this is exactly what i felt when people once compared Hazard to Kagawa when they went into PL.
No way did Hazard look as the better transfer at first.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So apparently a lot of BM fans aren't happy with Gotze and he's having a terrible season.. he just had to score that freaking goal in the wc did he! I'll hate him eternally for it, for Messi, and for all the times I had stupid arguments about "Gotze > Messi" lol

james baldwin

this is exactly what i felt when people once compared Hazard to Kagawa when they went into PL.
No way did Hazard look as the better transfer at first.

In what way? Even in 2012, Hazard was the more accomplished and by far the more talented player. Only delusional Man United fans and Bundesliga fanboys thought Kagawa will be the better deal. Sir Alex was only saving face because Man United didn't want to pay the extra 6 million Hazard's agent at the time was asking for, so Sir Alex went out and signed Kagawa and said Hazard wasn't "worth the fee". Funny how that worked out. I also remember United fans trying to "prove" Kagawa was better with stats.

james baldwin

So apparently a lot of BM fans aren't happy with Gotze and he's having a terrible season.. he just had to score that freaking goal in the wc did he! I'll hate him eternally for it, for Messi, and for all the times I had stupid arguments about "Gotze > Messi" lol

Surely, not even BuLi fanboys were delusional enough to say Gotze was better than Messi.

Home of Barca Fans