Marquinhos

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
We did offer 40M for Marquinhos as Nasser Al-Khelaifi revealed. But it was rejected. So probably that's when we moved towards Vermaelen.

Bertus

We did offer 40M for Marquinhos as Nasser Al-Khelaifi revealed. But it was rejected. So probably that's when we moved towards Vermaelen.

Yup, he revealed that (actually, he said MORE than 40M euros), and also that he was offered a fortune for Cavani, that he refused.

He also got very big offers for Verratti, Pastore and lavezzi, he refused them all.

To him, if a club starts to do players business like Porto, then said club can never become a big world class club.

He explained that a world class club needs stability and continuity and that the more you keep the same players, the better they play as a team on the field.

Nasser gave like 10 interviews yesterday. I'm so sorry to be so busy, I don't have the time to translate interviews anymore.

Last edited:

Bertus

Little tidbits of a long interview in Le_Parisien in which he talked about that again:

"We recieved a very, very big offer from FC Barcelona, more than 40M euros. But in our case, we don't buy players to resell them. We're not here to do that business, we're here to build a big club with world class players. If it was just a business, then we would have sold 3 or 4 players this summer. It's not my belief."

Wow at the hatred and insults towards PSG and Nasser on Barcastuff about that story. A chance not all Barca fans here are like that.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

Just wondering @Bertus but if Marquinhos or any of the younger players with potential got an offer and wanted to leave PSG to another team, would Nasser accept or would he refuse regardless of what the player wants?

Not trying to sound rude or anything butI'm genuinely curious.

Tomchin

Just wondering @Bertus but if Marquinhos or any of the younger players with potential got an offer and wanted to leave PSG to another team, would Nasser accept or would he refuse regardless of what the player wants?

Nasser refused it yeah. It's clear as day Marquinhos wanted the move, the two tweets that he favorited about his move to Barca were the perfect example of that.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Thank God that Nasser refused that offer. From now I will love that guy. I mean, over 40M?!?! There was a guy called Benatia available, Zubi, but you obviously didn't know that.

Bertus

He refused it yeah. When the journalist from Le_Parisien said (during the interview) that Marquinhos was VERY interested to join Barcelona, Nasser didn't say it was a false statement.

He just added that PSG doesn't buy players to resell them, especially players that were bought only one year ago and that are good (yeah, Nasser is pleased by Marcos performance last year).

I don't think he's alone on that TBH. Barcelona likes to say they don't do that, but if tomorrow the FFP comes to an end and PSG wants to buy Messi and that he wants to join PSG, then I really wonder if Barcelona will be ok. My guess is that they won't and ask PSG to pay the fee+taxes.

Marcos gave some interviews since then btw, and said he's very pleased now. Nasser on his side said that it's important to him to say to the promising young players of the squad how much he values them.

Marcos also seems to want to imply he's not like Rabiot who tried to force his way out and will join Juventus for free next winter. For the record, Rabiot said he needs more playtime while he played 30+ games last year with PSG. He's 19yo and delusional if he thinks he will get more playtime than that at Juventus and Roma. His agent, who's also his mom, is trying to squeeze as much money from Juventus or Roma as she can.

Everything that was said so far by french medias was true, and while Rabiot chose to fight with the board, Marcos refused that and started to talk and negociate with PSG about his future at PSG. TBH, I think that Thiago Silva played a role in that since TS did the same a year ago IMO.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's good that we didn't get him. Damn... 40m+ is just crazy. Atleast with Vermaelen it's not that much and there's still a chance that he could get back in good form in a new environment and become a decent-good CB again(Without any further injuries hopefully).

Bertus

It's good that we didn't get him. Damn... 40m+ is just crazy. Atleast with Vermaelen it's not that much and there's still a chance that he could get back in good form in a new environment and become a decent-good CB again(Without any further injuries hopefully).

I can say the same. As expected TS got injured right at the beginning of the season so it was really the right choice to keep him.

And so far, Marcos is doing great. People laughed at him during the friendlies, but now no one dares to say anything.

He was elected best player of the game against Evian. And so far he's performing better than DL. Against St Etienne he did great too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I can say the same. As expected TS got injured right at the beginning of the season so it was really the right choice to keep him.

And so far, Marcos is doing great. People laughed at him during the friendlies, but now no one dares to say anything.

He was elected best player of the game against Evian. And so far he's performing better than DL. Against St Etienne he did great too.

For how long is Thiago Silva injured?

Indeed. We could have bought both Benatia and Mathieu for a little more.

Bertus

For how long is Thiago Silva injured?

TS is chronically injured. Since joining PSG on the 15th of june 2012 he has played 50 games.He's more like the cherry on top.

He's not back to normal training yet. Actually we have no news. He got injured in early august against Napoli with the same as always injury that usually takes him 2 months to recover.

We're not even sure that he will be back to play against Barcelona in CL.

And yeah, he IS injury prone. Actually, in 2012 when he joined PSG, he was injured with the same kind of injury that he suffered from during the OG that year. Since then, he gets injured every years at the same muscle.

Home of Barca Fans