Marquinhos

CuleLife4Life

Laporte is 20 too though. Both are good talents.

I know. I just mean we can get Marquinhos anytime in the future as his age will permit him to be playing at the top for a long time. Same with Laporte.

It just depends on when we want to sign world class CBs again after the ban ends.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I know. I just mean we can get Marquinhos anytime in the future as his age will permit him to be playing at the top for a long time. Same with Laporte.

It just depends on when we want to sign world class CBs again after the ban ends.
I can see it happen in 2-3 years when Mathieu is old and probably in decline. That is, of course, Marquinhos doesn't extend his contract.

Bertus

Its harder to find a top-class left-footed CB, or am I wrong? Still prefer Laporte.

Or you can try to pick a CB that can use both feet. TS and DL can use both their feet. Marquinhos can do it too and trains a lot with both feet during training at the Ooredoo center. All three can do passes, long passes and shots with both feet. Hell, DL scored with his left foot last night.

All three can play on the right or left CB position.

I don't say that choosing a naturally left-footed CB could not be better, but it should not be a reason to discard other choices when there are ambidextrous players around.

I being a PSG fan aside, as a barcelona follower, if I had to pick between an ambidextrous TS or Mathieu, I would pick the former.

My point is that if Barcelona still plans to pick marquinhos in the future, then he can play CB on the Left and it will cause absolutely no problem.

Bertus

We have a bigger chance of getting Laporte than Marquinhos.

That's not my point. I just said that chasing left-footed players is not the only solution since there are two-footed ones that can fit the bill.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not as long as Zubi is at the helm. He doesn't do "hostile" transfers (i.e. paying buyout clauses) with Athletic Bilbao.

I doubt we'll see another CB signing until Summer 2016 or 2017 when these guys including Zubi might be gone anyways if Laporta stands for election.... or if Bartomeu is stuck in the Neymar deal case.

That's not my point. I just said that chasing left-footed players is not the only solution since there are two-footed ones that can fit the bill.

I know, but still.... We have a bigger chance of getting Laporte who I think is just as big potential wise as Marquinhos, with him as Mathieu's replacement in a few years unless Tarín develops in great fashion and becomes a part of the 1st team in some capacity by then.

J

James88

Marquinhos is faster and more agile than Laporte, this is one of the many reasons why he is better.
Inigo Martinez for me is better and more suited to the style of play of Barcelona than Laporte

J

James88

Marquinhos is easily superior to any of his own age(Varane, Mangala, Laport etc.).
I think it is already among the best in the world, his performance this season is exceptional.
in a short time he will become the best defender in the world, his athletic ability, and her talent in general, are rare

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One mistake and people will be back to saying how bad he is. Been here long enough to know how it works.......

Laporte has performed at a very high level for some time now while Marquinhos has been a bit inconsistent. All those you mentioned are great players and whoever develops to become the best of them is something no one knows.

Not taking anything away from Marquinhos, rated him highly since his fantastic season in Roma and wanted him here then, but PSG snapped him up instead.

I liked Iñigo as well, but he should not even be mentioned among those players at the moment, he has some catching up to do after the last season of his.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The players who usually do a lot of mistakes somehow put up a world class performance against us. I always feel like this, maybe it is just me.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans