Marquinhos

GoGGi

Why so much hype for Marquinhos? Laporte is much better fit for Barca, I would also choose Mustafi over Marquinhos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because that's why Marquinhos and Laporte are higher rated by most people.

Nothing to do with them being more proven than Bailly who's having his first good season.

Co0ter

Laporte barely ever plays against good opposition and he's been mediocre at best the last two seasons. Even before his injury, there was nothing really to see there.

DonAK

As if Marquinhos plays against good opposition regularly. Warming the bench behind David Luiz.

Don't agree with Laporte being mediocre the last seasons, but I think we've had this discussion at least a dozen of times and in the end it's all about opinions anyway.

Acer

As if Marquinhos plays against good opposition regularly. Warming the bench behind David Luiz.

Don't agree with Laporte being mediocre the last seasons, but I think we've had this discussion at least a dozen of times and in the end it's all about opinions anyway.
Barca, Chelsea, City, Real Madrid are not good opposition?

How many times Laporte has played in UCl? I don't understand the hype over Laporte, Marquinhos is simple above him and any other young defender in the world.

DonAK

Barca, Chelsea, City, Real Madrid are not good opposition?

How many times Laporte has played in UCl? I don't understand the hype over Laporte, Marquinhos is simple above him and any other young defender in the world.

Is that regularly?

How is it Laporte's fault he plays for a team that didn't qualify for the UCL?

And if playing against top opposition is everything that counts then Varane is better than Marquinhos.

Yes, that's how flawed your logic is.

Last edited:

Yannik

squawka.jpg

squawka.jpg

Last edited:

Acer

Is that regularly?

How is it Laporte's fault he plays for a team that didn't qualify for the UCL?

And if playing against top opposition is everything that counts then Varane is better than Marquinhos.

Yes, that's how flawed your logic is.
Varane is miles behind Marquinhos in terms of reading the game and to tell the truth Varane rarely players in big games.

Laporte has not proved anything yet in the biggest stage(UCl) and almost Varane 0.

Last edited:

Yannik

Couldn't include as many young defenders as I wanted to, but those are a couple already. Tah stands out the most, but he has also produced slightly more errors than the others, maybe an explanation is that he got pressured of more often than the others, leading to those mistakes. But Christensen wins it more me, he seems to be the cleanest among them, fair tackler, fairly good in all departments except for additional playmaking maybe, and immune to errors. Also the youngest from the list.
Laporte looks quite shitty, Maruinhos doesn't shine either. 50% aerials and only 44%(!) won tackles, that's a huge turn-off. Guy is just 1.83m tall, also not in an atheltic shape to make up for that. Not the guy you want marking Mertesacker at corners and set-pieces. Especially when you're a team like Barca who has just about 2 tall players in the lineup

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans