Marquinhos

Acer

They just dislike Lyon, thats all. He's likely to be signed by Pochettino though. We havent been strongly linked with him compared to Tottenham.

and instead you're a fan of Lyon and you hate Psg? :lol: in fact it seems clear.
I have not seen much about lyon the only interesting games of Ligue 1 are that of Psg and some of Rennes(Demebele) but Umiti is nobody and he has not shown anything(in UCl, NT or even against Psg) not even called in an Nt calling instead an average player like Sakho.

Last edited:

Jombi

and instead you're a fan of Lyon and you hate Psg? :lol: in fact it seems clear.
I have not seen much about lyon the only interesting games of Ligue 1 are that of Psg and some of Rennes(Demebele) but Umiti is nobody and he has not shown anything not even called in an Nt calling instead an average player like Sakho.

Neither Laporte nor Umtiti has been called up to the NT yet. Just admit that you havent seen him play and you have no idea what you are talking about. You cant even spell his name and you cant spell Dembele either. :lol:

Acer

Just admit that you havent seen him play and you have no idea what you are talking about. You cant even spell his name and you cant spell Dembele either. :lol:

He has never played in major venues to view it. You are right is Dembele, and then? What changes now? You can put even some others similes or is smiles ?

Last edited:

Yannik

In that moment he was the better dribbler based on stats. That right now things have changed show only that statistics are irrilevant if not interpreted in the right way.
But you were not the one who wrote this?

But how, is now the right way? You like turning the omelette as it suits you. You are really contradictory.... and pathetic.

You also said that Lucas is not a better dribbler than Douglas because he has beated more men based on stats, but based on the same stats that you like so much(when it suits you) Lucas Moura now is the better dribbler..You said the same thing about Pogba, but it seems that Pogba is again a better dribbler than Costa. Both are for any people who has eyes, statistics are not required Costa is much more a runner than a dribbler.
[youtube]UE2ufowzfRE[/youtube]
3:33

About Puyol you can see that a Puyol in decline has better stats in those duels than Godin. So we conclude that a Puyol finished beats Godin in the peak of his carrer, based on stats.
However I don't know how you can compare a player who has played 966 minutes (puyol) with a player who has played 26 games, but I think this is part of your contradiction, when people are limited in arguments become contradictory.

Adam who?
Stam has never been one the best defenders in history.
Maldini was a LB, Facchetti even. However Maldini was 1.86, 3 cm taller than Marcos, Thuram 1.85, 2 cm taller than Marcos, Bergomi 1.85, Figueroa 1.86. Oh fuck what a big differenze if Marquinhos grow his hair can get to their height and become one of the best in the world. And again we can conclude that Stam was a better defender than Beckenbauer. And guess the best defender in the world is Thiago Silva and how tall is? At least on this we concord, even stats say that he is the best https://www.whoscored.com/.... or this time your thinking this: "Statistically it's the wrong way to go in most cases"? let me know before the next time, I'm confused

Love the strawmans on this one.
I critisized Marquinhos for his height, considering the atrocious aerial duel stat he has, you write a whole book about defender heights even though I didn't even disagree with the fact that height isn't an all-deciding factor, it just is, when a player is clearly struggling with it. Strawman again when it's suddenly Stam vs Beckenbauer. "If you say this then you also say that Stam is better than Beckenbauer blabla Puyol better than Godin blabla", again no..
Then you come up with even more strawmans, I post a statistic, you're all triggered, claiming I'm now basing anything in football on statistics, although all I did was giving numbers for an oversight and my personal interpretation on it. "No it means that you are basing everything on statistics, and you were also wrong in December 2015, when you wrote this and that comment" If I remember correctly, wasn't it you, who brought those statistics up in the first place and now you are doubting the credibility of statistics? Seems like I'm not the only hypocrit here.
I can see that you are a confused man.

EDIT: Just wanna let you know, I never watched any of the 20 youtube videos you are regularly posting. Not worth it.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Varane is miles behind Marquinhos in terms of reading the game and to tell the truth Varane rarely players in big games.

Laporte has not proved anything yet in the biggest stage(UCl) and almost Varane 0.

Again the same thing.

Instead of posting 'Marquinhos > Every Young Defender on Earth' in every other thread and use the same big games argument and how the others have never played well in big games,

How about a bigger challenge for you;

What if you list all the big games Marquinhos has played well in, can you do that please?

And that argument about Marquinhos' stats not being good because he plays in a good team is funny since it could well be argued Marquinhos looks better because he plays in a big team, with much better players, and better protection.

And I don't even dislike Marquinhos. I wanted him since he was at Roma which anyone can see from the transfer thread and his thread from that time, and still would not mind him at all to be our CB signing, just like Laporte and Mustafi.

But this 'Marquinhos > All' thing going around on this forum is something I really cannot comprehend, especially since the parameter used to highlight his good performances is shrugged off when using the same argument for the likes of Laporte, Mustafi and others.

It's like people choose one player to like and one to dislike(like Pogba for example) without even caring to at least try to argue for or against their strengths and weaknesses.

Instead it's 'He sucks', 'He's overrated', 'He's mediocre' and nothing else is added to the discussion. In fact, there is no discussion as there's no arguments.

As for the stats then it can be misleading a lot of times. Need to actually watch the player(s) too.

Last edited:

Acer

Love the strawmans on this one.
I critisized Marquinhos for his height, considering the atrocious aerial duel stat he has, you write a whole book about defender heights even though I didn't even disagree with the fact that height isn't an all-deciding factor, it just is, when a player is clearly struggling with it. Strawman again when it's suddenly Stam vs Beckenbauer. "If you say this then you also say that Stam is better than Beckenbauer blabla Puyol better than Godin blabla", again no..
Then you come up with even more strawmans, I post a statistic, you're all triggered, claiming I'm now basing anything in football on statistics, although all I did was giving numbers for an oversight and my personal interpretation on it. "No it means that you are basing everything on statistics, and you were also wrong in December 2015, when you wrote this and that comment" If I remember correctly, wasn't it you, who brought those statistics up in the first place and now you are doubting the credibility of statistics? Seems like I'm not the only hypocrit here.
I can see that you are a confused man.

EDIT: Just wanna let you know, I never watched any of the 20 youtube videos you are regularly posting. Not worth it.

excuse me but clearly you does not have arguments, after you wrote this:
Statistically it's the wrong way to go in most cases, last season the msot completed dribbles in Bundesliga have been completed by Bellarabi, wouldn't exactly call him worldclass though.
everything you write are contradictions and bullshit. by:wave:

Yannik

excuse me but clearly you does not have arguments, after you wrote this: everything you write are contradictions and bullshit. by:wave:

Oh buddy, you gave it your best shot but maybe you should read this comment from february again before you tear it any more out of it's actual context in order to try proving me contradicting myself. "Statistically it's the wrong way to go in most cases" after you tried to make a point by saying Brahimi was a better dribbler because he had "completed the most dribbles" and I said statistically that's the wrong way to go. It's like saying someone is the best passer, because he had completed the most passes, you get it? Quantity isn't quality, it monly means Brahimi likes to dribble, not that he is superior at succeeding in it. You didn't understand it. ITT I gave actual percentages on success rate in headers and tackles, notice something?

But you actually thought I was therefor doubting the credibility of any statistic in football, and that no information can be gathered from it anymore.
Ther goes the fundament of your last 3 shitposts, I guess you have to attack some other comment in february now.
:coffee:

Last edited:

Acer

You gave it your best but I think it's time solve this now for you before you tear this comment from february any more out of it's actual context in order to try proving me contradicting myself. Read the comment maybe before you make it even worse. "Statistically it's the wrong way to go in most cases" after you tried to make a point by saying Brahimi was a better dribbler because he had "completed the most dribbles" and I said statistically that's the wrong way to go. It's like saying someone is the best passer, because he had completed the most passes, you get it? Quantity isn't quality, it monly means Brahimi likes to dribble, not that he is superior at succeeding in it. You didn't understand it. Meanwhile I gave actual percentages on success rate in headers and tackles, notice something?
But you actually thought I was therefor doubting the credibility of any statistic in football. That was the fundament of your whole crusade here, I guess you have to think of some other neglibility now in my posts that you can attack. :lol:

It was simply to demonstrate to your thick skull that Brahimi is a great dribbler and better than Costa. Independently from the statistics, is just a plus for peoples like you who don't want to see and don't accept that Brahimi is a much better dribbler than Costa. I don't need statistics to see that Costa beats the man with speed pushing the ball and not will skill, will the ball close to the feet as Brahimi.

Last edited:

Yannik

It was simply to demonstrate to your thick skull that Brahimi is a great dribbler and better than Costa. Independently from the statistics, is just a plus for peoples like you who don't want to see and don't accept that Brahimi is a much better dribbler than Costa. I don't need statistics to see that Costa beats the man with speed pushing the ball and not will skill, will the ball close to the feet as Brahimi.

you're such a tryhard then, still angry that noone agreed with you in a thread in february. Have a nice day.

Home of Barca Fans