Marquinhos

Newcomer

Congratz with the transfer. Did they give more info about his health status btw? You almost never hear that that there're issues during the medical, so it seems something very strange.

I don't think they'll tell what is the problem since it touchs privacy (medical relationship).

Ghost

Well..
I have said before he's overrated but now that he's gone to PSG and seeing that we will most likely end up with somone like Rami... :facepalm:

I'm sad.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
PSG trolling us so hard, hahaha...

My thought exactly. It seems for them to buy whoever we want is like buying a pack of bubblegum for me. They must think "pffft, club with tradition that has played the best football ever played - mhm, great, but we have sh*tloads of moneyz!"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
We go for Thiago Silva and have some side interest in Marquinhos. They end up keeping Silva and buying Marquinhos. What trolls :lol:

Centrocampista23

Silva is going to be 29 this September. I can sort of see spending ~35mil for him now cause he probably is the best CB around, but it'd be silly of any team to spend more than 20m next summer. absolutely no resale value, even if defenders tend to have longer careers than strikers, increased injury risk erc. He's only worth this kind of money to teams like PSG, Monaco, City etc. Unless we buy him now, i'd rather not see us chase him again next summer cause i'm sure the price will still be too high.

Of course, if he does well at the WC i'm sure he'll retain his market value, but he'll still be a bad investment at the price they'd demand.

I didn't want us to spend 35m for Marquinhos because he's way too young and inexperienced, but he'd make more sense as an investment.

I don't know who the ideal replacement for Puyol is, but we need to find him soon. I like Vertonghen and Hummels but they're a bit too similar to Pique, imo. Kompany hasn't been himself in the last year or so, but City wouldn't sell him anyway. Juve wouldn't sell Chiellini.

We probably need to find some 20something talent that doesn't cost more than 20mil and invest in him.

Last edited:

Meitux

Well Kompany had a pretty bad season cause he did have many injuries,thats why he was pretty inconsistent.Otherwise he still is a world class defender and surely a leader type.Anyway hes propably not for sale and doesnt wanna leave this moment

Last edited:

Bertus

Maybe, or maybe we now have a clear run at the CB we really want...

I hope we show more serious interest in Silva and at least make a bid for him.

Guys, Marquinhos made an interview and just like Blanc said ealier during a press conference, he was not bought as silva replacement. Actually, he even said that one of the reason he joined is that he will be in the same team as TS. That he wants to learn from him, that he's happy to be in TS' team Under TS management (on the field).

He was bought because he's Young and a possible future star. Even himsezl know that he might not be a starter when the season starts.

If you think psg bought a 19yo dude to replace their Captain also knows as the best CB in the world who said 5 times already that he'll be the psg captain next season, you're quite delusional.

Last edited:

Meitux

I never thought so either,Silva has like 3-4 decent seasons ahaid of him.Maybe there could be a duo of Thiago Silva and Marquinhos in defence

Tomchin

Guys, Marquinhos made an interview and just like Blanc said ealier during a press conference, he was not bought as silva replacement. Actually, he even said that one of the reason he joined is that he will be in the same team as TS. That he wants to learn from him, that he's happy to be in TS' team Under TS management (on the field).

He was bought because he's Young and a possible future star. Even himsezl know that he might not be a starter when the season starts.

If you think psg bought a 19yo dude to replace their Captain also knows as the best CB in the world who said 5 times already that he'll be the psg captain next season, you're quite delusional.
Yeah agree, most likely option seems to ship out Alex or Sakho (fan favorite?)...

Bertus

I never thought so either,Silva has like 3-4 decent seasons ahaid of him.Maybe there could be a duo of Thiago Silva and Marquinhos in defence

CBs have usually a longer career than strikers and other offensive roles.

Silva will be at the top till he hits 33 at the very least.

Plenty of time to continue his career at PSG or elsewhere.

About his market price, all dépends on his statistics. If he continues to be a monster match after match, then he can be past 30, he will still be very expensive to any club that wants to buy him.

Home of Barca Fans