Marquinhos

Bertus

Yeah agree, most likely option seems to ship out Alex or Sakho (fan favorite?)...

French chauvinistics want to keep sakho. All the others want him to go far away, like Gameiro.

Alex showed that even if he's nowhere near the best CB, he's quite better than sakho.

Sakho, thanks to others injuries played a LOT of games last season. He didn't evolve at all. He stayed the same. He didn't develop any better skills than before. Despite his Young age he didn't show any development magin.

Plus, add to that that he's mentality is crap as hell. He dislikes to have to compete with others CB. Blanc said to him that in every BIG clubs around the world, you can see 2, 3, even 4 players competing for the same slot on the field. It's like that in every club.

He added that if sakho can't understand that, then yeah, he should leave.

Fans favorite is "keep alex, ditch sakho", plain and simple.

And as i said ealier, i really hope rosell will not want to buy sahko. Really, he's not up to the standards you need. He's a dope.

Meitux

Its just about that now Marquinhos came he can partner Silva.

Alex i never really found him good defender even in his Chelsea years,the only think i liked about him was the powerfull free kicks :p

And Sakho seems inconsistent to have him as main option

Zuess99

I'm glad we didn't waste money on this guy, 35mil is too much. Think we gotta forget about thiago too. Sheik wount sell him. We should look somewhere else.

Bertus

Its just about that now Marquinhos came he can partner Silva.

Alex i never really found him good defender even in his Chelsea years,the only think i liked about him was the powerfull free kicks :p

And Sakho seems inconsistent to have him as main option

Alex is an average CB, but trust me, Sakho is way worse :lol: And at least Alex shuts the f*** up, he's Professional. He listens to the coach and NEVER made any comment in the press.

Sakho is the complete opposite. He thinks he's a Star and can't shut the hell up. He keeps giving interview in the press thinking it will change his fate in the team while not doing any effort to prove that he's better than Alex on the field.

Really, i wish he leaves the club. I hate him.

L

Learo

Alex is an average CB, but trust me, Sakho is way worse :lol: And at least Alex shuts the f*** up, he's Professional. He listens to the coach and NEVER made any comment in the press.

Sakho is the complete opposite. He thinks he's a Star and can't shut the hell up. He keeps giving interview in the press thinking it will change his fate in the team while not doing any effort to prove that he's better than Alex on the field.

Really, i wish he leaves the club. I hate him.

Sakho probably was good in some computer games of the past so it went to his head and he actually think he is living inside a computer game where he is the super star. Its a tragic situation.

Bertus

Sakho probably was good in some computer games of the past so it went to his head and he actually think he is living inside a computer game where he is the super star. Its a tragic situation.

Sakho is good when compared to other french CBs (and even so, Varane is just 200% better than him) but the french CBs level in general is so low that it doesn't mean anything in the big international picture.

Compared to most foreign CBs, he's crap.

Meitux

Sakho is good when compared to other french CBs (and even so, Varane is just 200% better than him) but the french CBs level in general is so low that it doesn't mean anything in the big international picture.

Compared to most foreign CBs, he's crap.
Im sure deep inside him Sakho believes that someday he will become a first choice CB in France.
Clearly to me the future CB duo will be Varane and Mangala

Bertus

Why not those 2?

???

I approved what you said.:beer2: The future duo is Varane/Mangala. What i meant is that you're 100% right because sakho will never reach their level.

In particular I am excited to see how Varane will improve this season.

Meitux

???

I approved what you said.:beer2: The future duo is Varane/Mangala. What i meant is that you're 100% right because sakho will never reach their level.

In particular I excited to see how Varane will improse this season.
Hah ok,missunderstood :p

Tomchin

Does Sakho still start for the French NT, or are Mangala and Mexes ahead of him in the pecking order now (Varane is a guaranteed starter at CB for France I suppose, so the other 3 have to battle for 1 spot I guess)?

Bertus

Does Sakho still start for the French NT, or are Mangala and Mexes ahead of him in the pecking order now (Varane is a guaranteed starter at CB for France I suppose, so the other 3 have to battle for 1 spot I guess)?

Deschamps kind of like sakho but i think it shows more and more that he's not fit to be a starter. Varane and Mangala are already seen better than him IIRC giving the Rumor around the Deschamps staff.

As for Mexes, it's a problem. Mexes can do quite well in clubs, while doing horrible when under the France shirt.

Varane and Mangala are so much better than those two.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned

he has Koscielny in front of him in the pecking order too.

Bertus

I translated the interview that was published on the official psg website. I hope You'll like it :)

I'll share my feelings about it in a second post right after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marquinhos "Coming to PSG is a Professional Step" - Interview of a Future Star

35488.jpg

Marquinhos, first of all, Bienvenue to Paris ! Today, can you explain why did you choose to join PSG?

- From the start, I really liked what PSG is planning. PSG is a club that made a big bet on me, that has really shown great desire to bring me here. That act of faith was really important to me. The fact that there are world class players, and a lot of brazilians and italians charmed me too. I'm aware I'm landing in a very big club, and i come here to give my best and win trophies.

62908.jpg

What does PSG mean to you, and more broadly speaking the city of Paris?

- To me it's a very important professional step. That is a necessary step in my development. I want to evolve personally and professionally, and so I am very happy to be here today.

Here in Paris, there is a tradition of major brazilian figures. We think of Raï, Valdo, and of course Thiago Silva. Did it play a part in your choice?

- Yes it did, of course. The fact of knowing that fellow contrymen wrote and are writing the history of PSG gave me even more confidence in taking that challenge. So i can say it's an additional factor in my choice to sport that shirt.

51183.jpg

Thiago Silva is precisely the captain of both the Seleçao and PSG. We so can imagine that it is special for you to play by his side....

- I want to be clear to begin with: Things have to be done step by step. That's every day, every practice, every match that i must show my usefulness. Nothing is won in coming here. It's not assured that I will play by Thiago Silva's side because I am aware that talented players like Alex and Sakho are in place. So, i have to show what i can do, and do everything to see my place among the team granted.

You will discover the Ligue 1 after the Series A. What do you know about the French league?

- I know that it is not an easy league because there are some high level teams. I always try to make progress, to become better, It's cos of that too that i'm here.

If you had to introduce Marquinhos with a word, what would you say?

- A very big family feeling. Without the help of my family i'll not be here today. I too think about all the people that helped to make that aventure a reality. I want to thank them.

51182.jpg

To finish, what words would you like to share with the parisian fans?

- I did come here to contribute to the project of PSG. I swear that i will work very, very hard because I'll try to win all the trophies and titles that these fans deserve.

Home of Barca Fans