Martin Montoya

Maria

He didn't seem so comfortable at LB, but he is still at the beginning..I think that Pep and Tito trust him more then Muniesa in that position and I have the same opinion. Muniesa didn't impressed me in Barca B this season and I don't understand what was the club thinking when they promoted him so early..he should have stayed with the second team another year because he needs to gain more muscle and more experience.

Boris

Montoya today... what do u think ? Overall, it seems he lacks vision, and determinig who to pass. Defending is good, but ... Im not sure he can replace Dani in attack. :copa:

M

mitkoa7x

Montoya today... what do u think ? Overall, it seems he lacks vision, and determinig who to pass. Defending is good, but ... Im not sure he can replace Dani in attack. :copa:

He's taking his 1st steps in the 1st team, do you expect him to be like Dani?

Montoya is incredible, certainly a future BEAST.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He looked alittle nervous. Expected him to be better but whatever. It was a dull match after the 3-0 so he barely had much to do all in all.

F

Flavia

It was his first final, so all things considered, he did great. He's a solid backup for Dani, and I'm sure he'll improve a lot.

Boris

Just sayin. I expect him to develop in future-yes. But his passing is disturbing, or was this time. we'll see how he blends in from next season :beer2:

abual3bed1

20 years, future best RB....god damn so awesome this La Masia is, isn´t it?

He's 21.

He was good last night, solid and closed the way against Atheltic.

he tried to help in attack but still needs some guts to do it right. I liked his run where Leo had to increase his pace to keep it up with Montoya. Leo should've passed the ball to him though.

Theconomist

Montoya will get plenty of game time next season to prove his worth.
I have very high hopes for him. He will be more crucial for us than Tello and Cuenca simply because quality full backs that would work at barca are very rare whereas wingers are more available than hookers in las vegas

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He looked alittle nervous. Expected him to be better but whatever. It was a dull match after the 3-0 so he barely had much to do all in all.

Yep, I think most noticed the same...It happens with the youth players, takes time to get their groove although some are quicker to get there than others - like maybe Tello on a big stage in the Clasico...That's what makes Alexis' and Ibi's performances all the more impressive, IMO

Had a heavy touch at times, crosses were not great and wasn't on the same wavelength on some linkups...BUT, he is going to be fantastic, I think

He has such an unusually quick acceleration for someone who doesn't necessarily jump at you with his top speed...Over 15-30 meters, he's got great burst...Disguises it well, too

Home of Barca Fans