Martin Montoya

Galning

Thiago 2.0 then. In terms of how we'd be throwing a talented Canterano to the curb.

He is nowhere near as talented as Thiago though. That said, he is more talented than Douglas and should've moved as soon as he heard Barça were genuinely interested in the Brazilian clown.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Thiago 2.0 :lol: You made my day man! This is getting ridiculous, it's like we're getting rid of the new Cafu or Thuram :lol:

Montoya is talented though. He was ahead of Carvajal in all the Spanish youth international sides. And Pep even played him against Athletic in the CDR Final in 2012. The rumors that say Lucho told him he's fourth choice also say that it's only because he doesn't fit the profile of rightback that Lucho wants.

And I only said Thiago 2.0, because the rumors suggest Pep wants to "rescue" Montoya from Lucho's neglect.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Funny thing is that Alves, Douglas or Adriano doesn't fit the profile he wants either. It's tailor made for Cuadrado, but we don't have the Square so instead of keeping his stubborn stupid ways, he should have adjusted according to the players he got.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Funny thing is that Alves, Douglas or Adriano doesn't fit the profile he wants either. It's tailor made for Cuadrado, but we don't have the Square so instead of keeping his stubborn stupid ways, he should have adjusted according to the players he got.

One could even say he's trying to play round players into Square's hole...........

:troll:

Darko

Montoya is talented though. He was ahead of Carvajal in all the Spanish youth international sides. And Pep even played him against Athletic in the CDR Final in 2012. The rumors that say Lucho told him he's fourth choice also say that it's only because he doesn't fit the profile of rightback that Lucho wants.

And I only said Thiago 2.0, because the rumors suggest Pep wants to "rescue" Montoya from Lucho's neglect.

This, unfortunately we have constantly played Alves for the past 2 years so we will never know what could have been if he had Alves's playing time, I really think he could have been a great player for us, now he can become a good one but wasting 2 years(looking more and more like it's gonna be 3) in a professional footballer's career is A LOT.

Stric

This, unfortunately we have constantly played Alves for the past 2 years so we will never know what could have been if he had Alves's playing time, I really think he could have been a great player for us, now he can become a good one but wasting 2 years(looking more and more like it's gonna be 3) in a professional footballer's career is A LOT.

Exactly. For a long time Carvajal was behind Montoya, and now he's starting for RM. Hey, maybe he's more talented, but now we can only make guesses about what would have happened... Alves has been severely overplayed for the past few seasons. Even if Montoya was exactly as shit as Enrique is making him out to be, he still should have gotten more chances. Not necessarily because he deserves them (which he does, really), but because it's logical.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Montoya has asked Barcelona to leave. His agent met today with sports director Zubizarreta. Player wants permanent deal. [md tv3]

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Man, Montoya had so much potenial. I remember in 2012 before he left Guardiola said Barca will not need to buy another rightback for many years to come, because montoya is very very good. I expected him not Carvajal to be starting for spain these days. But after Tito left he has really stagnated, Martino hardly played him and enrique even less so

Home of Barca Fans