Martin Montoya

Kohe321

Pressure from the board perhaps? I don't know, but they signed him and it was sort of an "out of the blue" surprise to everyone. Perhaps they want to prove it wasn't a "fishy" signing and give him a proper spot in the team, and cross their fingers that he does well enough for people to just forget about it?

Montoyas situation this season has been really odd. In fact, scratch that, our entire RB situation has been really odd this season. It has become an ever bigger headache now with Montoya leaving, Alves' contract running out and the transferban in effect... Are they planning to extend Alves' contract? If not, promote Godswill? I'd back that idea, Godswill seems very promising from what I've seen.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is gonna leave on a permanent transfer. I don't think he want that uncertainty again with a loan.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Carrasco (agent Montoya): "Barça propose a loan for 1,5 year, until contract Luis Enrique expires. But our only idea is permanent deal" [ec]

khaled_a_d

Honestly he is doing the right thing for himself,he remained loyal and just renewed his contract last season to find himself 4th choice RB? If I was him I would do the same thing even no matter how I love the club .at the end he should look for his future ahead of anything

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Rafinha can play in pep's system so can Montoya I guess. Good luck to him wherever he goes. He's been an exemplary team player.

Stric

More absurdity from this joke of a board/coaching staff. Obviously a ploy from the superiors to justify the Douglas transfer. We are the laughing stock of Europe.

anguy

Stop talking nonsense. Douglas price was 4mil., there's no need to justify it by ommitting Montoya from lineup.

Stric

4 + 1,5 ...however, information is starting to surface that we actually agreed to pay 12M. Oh these couldn't be shady deals, not at all... Besides, who the hell is Douglas and why would we even pay a dime for him, let alone 4M?

Kohe321

The price isn't what they need to justify, but rather the transfer itself. That he was bought in to play with the first team is hard enough to understand as it is, but imagine if he didn't get to play at all like Montoya has? The whole thing would look even more shady than it already does if all he did was basically show up at trainings.

It's sad to see Montoya get thrown to the wolves like this, I really think he has a good potential just waiting to be realized if given enough gametime and confidence. We'll see how he does in his new team. I have a feeling that we'll end up witnessing him growing into a great RB when he's playing regularly in a new team, and will look back at this as yet another big mistake by the board wasting a La Masia talent. A talent playing in a position where we're very thinly covered to boot.

Last edited:
M

Madara Uchiha

4 + 1,5 ...however, information is starting to surface that we actually agreed to pay 12M. Oh these couldn't be shady deals, not at all... Besides, who the hell is Douglas and why would we even pay a dime for him, let alone 4M?

+1. Buying him was so dumb words can't describe it. He's not even better than Montoya yet for some reason we're kicking Montoya out for him.

Zangash

Banned
Carrasco (agent Montoya): "Barça propose a loan for 1,5 year, until contract Luis Enrique expires. But our only idea is permanent deal" [ec]

That's pretty funny.

I've been saying he should leave since before I even joined this forum and if he's not gone by 00:01 New Years it'd better be because someone is behind on their paperwork.

Home of Barca Fans