Martin Montoya

I

instinct

Luis Enrique: "Montoya not playing? Maybe it's a mistake of mine. He's an example. His situation hurts me a lot. He should keep going."

wut?

Kohe321

"He's an example"? Of patience? :lol:

If his situation hurts Enrique so much why doesn't he just let the poor guy play a game once in a while.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Luis Enrique: "Montoya not playing? Maybe it's a mistake of mine. He's an example. His situation hurts me a lot. He should keep going."

wut?

I think it's the same as with Deulofoe, not enough defensive contribution, everyone must run like a maniac for him, so probably he thinks that Montoya doesn't have lungs for that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's the same as with Deulofoe, not enough defensive contribution, everyone must run like a maniac for him, so probably he thinks that Montoya doesn't have lungs for that.

It's the opposite. He don't believe Montoya can contribute much in attack like Alves and Douglas.

Kohe321

Douglas attacking? He is afraid to make two steps with the ball?

To be fair that was his first game in Barca (a big away game at that), and you could basically see his nerves on his face. I am sure he's showing more of what Lucho likes in training, and hopefully can transfer that to the field once he gets some confidence and gets more settled in with the team.

Zangash

Banned
To be fair that was his first game in Barca (a big away game at that), and you could basically see his nerves on his face. I am sure he's showing more of what Lucho likes in training, and hopefully can transfer that to the field once he gets some confidence and gets more settled in with the team.

Montoya isn't played because he lacks attacking capabilities. Douglas doesn't play because he isn't good enough for even the worst La Liga teams.

Nothing more to read into that, really. There won't be anything for him to transfer to the real games when he finally "Settles in" (It's almost December now, come on).

Home of Barca Fans