Martin Montoya

Stric

Pretty soon we'll see him fucking blossom at another club. Just wait until everyone goes - holy shit he's better than we thought he was?!

Butifarra Eater

I think the exagerrations of what Montoya have shown in high-levels matches is pretty weird ITT. Not being arrogant or dismissive of the majority opinion here, but we have clearly watched a different player blossom.

I see Montoya on top 7 Italian club or mid-table Spanish club, having a nice career with 15-20 million Euro's in the bank and a nice life. Alas, he's not Barca quality for me.

Is he better than Dani at the moment? It's worth taking that risk and finding out.

Has his treatment at the club been unbelievably disrespectful? Yes.

But come on. He's a dependable RB with some pace and situational awareness. He appears a solid step behind to me when matches start ramping up in class and sophistication. When rapid touches/decision-making is required, etc. He's not our solution to the RB problem.

English is not great for me. sorry.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
I think the exagerrations of what Montoya have shown in high-levels matches is pretty weird ITT. Not being arrogant or dismissive of the majority opinion here, but we have clearly watched a different player blossom.

I see Montoya on top 7 Italian club or mid-table Spanish club, having a nice career with 15-20 million Euro's in the bank and a nice life. Alas, he's not Barca quality for me.

Is he better than Dani at the moment? It's worth taking that risk and finding out.

Has his treatment at the club been unbelievably disrespectful? Yes.

But come on. He's a dependable RB with some pace and situational awareness. He appears a solid step behind to me when matches start ramping up in class and sophistication. When rapid touches/decision-making is required, etc. He's not our solution to the RB problem.

English is not great for me. sorry.

Who exactly is saying any of these things?

Cule4life

The Culest
If i was him i would refuse to come to training, crack open a Johnnie Walker and enjoy a nice long vacation till January

hardyboy

Why the fuck can't Lucho see he is better than good for nothing Douglas??I'm really not liking the way he's been getting treated at the club..

khaled_a_d

He is surely leaving. Douglas starting ahead of him today is the final nail on the coffin.

We all knew he was gone b4 the game,but looking at Douglas starting it makes it clear it will be difficult for him to accept a loan or a buyback clause when he is gone

F

Flavia

Why the fuck can't Lucho see he is better than good for nothing Douglas??I'm really not liking the way he's been getting treated at the club..

Funniest thing was their excuse for not signing kroos. That he would get in the way of la masia players. When a bigger travesty is the treatment Montoya is getting. Being behind a mediocre player like douglass.
And Lucho is either following orders, or he is stupid. Montoya might not fit his profile of rb, but against Huesca that wasn't necessary.

Funniest thing was their excuse for not signing kroos. That he would get in the way of la masia players. When a bigger travesty is the treatment Montoya is getting. Being behind a mediocre player like douglass.
And Lucho is either following orders, or he is stupid. Montoya might not fit his profile of rb, but against Huesca that wasn't necessary.

True that

JamDav1982

Montoya isnt wanting to leave because he is third choice, it is because he is not first choice.

Had Douglas never arrived at the club and Montoya played the minutes he has then he would still be wanting to go.

Home of Barca Fans