Martin Montoya

khaled_a_d

His agent just said this today.

Carrasco (agent Montoya): "Since he talked with Luis Enrique, he knows he has to leave. Our position is firm. We want a transfer in January"

Carrasco (agent Montoya): "Even if the club would change their mind and ask him to stay, the player wouldn't want to stay at Barça." [rac1]

This is definitely on Lucho, and it's a damn shame.

Montoya may not be the world class RB that Barca requires but he is the ONLY RB in the first team with any sort of potential to be good. Isolating him from the team and telling him to gtfo is about the stupidest management decision ever seeing as the only other options are a woeful way past it Dani Alves, injury prone Adriano and Douglas who speaks for himself.

If they renew Alves I would understand it,he still can perform to some extent ,I can at least understand preferring him over Montoya but if he doesn't then WTF?we will have Alba/Douglas/Adriano as our only fullbacks(Mathieu looked awful as LB) .with Adriano injury concerns that is just awful

Neymessi

If they renew Alves I would understand it,he still can perform to some extent ,I can at least understand preferring him over Montoya but if he doesn't then WTF?we will have Alba/Douglas/Adriano as our only fullbacks(Mathieu looked awful as LB) .with Adriano injury concerns that is just awful

It would be time for godswill to step up :party1:

Kohe321

His agent just said this today.

Carrasco (agent Montoya): "Since he talked with Luis Enrique, he knows he has to leave. Our position is firm. We want a transfer in January"

Carrasco (agent Montoya): "Even if the club would change their mind and ask him to stay, the player wouldn't want to stay at Barça." [rac1]

This is definitely on Lucho, and it's a damn shame.

Montoya may not be the world class RB that Barca requires but he is the ONLY RB in the first team with any sort of potential to be good. Isolating him from the team and telling him to gtfo is about the stupidest management decision ever seeing as the only other options are a woeful way past it Dani Alves, injury prone Adriano and Douglas who speaks for himself.

This is just so insanely baffling that I'm almost lost for words. Montoya is litterally getting forced out of Barca after staying loyal for so long, and with a transferban coming up for next summer and Alves' contract expiring at the same time, we now have a huge problem at the RB position. I can't understand how a world class club like Barca can even end up in a situation like this.

He will probably evolve and develop into a really great RB at his new club given regular playingtime, just like Bartra also took big steps once given proper playingtime, and the fans will really question how on earth we could throw away a homegrown talent in such a way.

Last edited:

ryuken

i say it again, forcing him out when we r facing the imminent ban is purely retarded, it leaves us Alves, Adriano the glass, Douglas the unworthy for 2 seasons straight. Maybe Lucho will show that he is a genius by playing Pedro as a Rb in case others injured

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forum Fiend v1.2.13.1.

karthik

Disappointing. He was a good prospect and I had expected him to get into the first team by now considering Dani's mediocre/poor performances.

Ursegor

World Champion
He is being forced out of the club because when Neymar was bought Rosell paid his father to scout players for Barca (see here, Scouting N&N) which in reality of course was just a way to avoid taxes and pretend the transfer wasn't more than € 100M which it was. After the whole thing blew up publicly and Rosell got #REKT they are now pretending that "Scouting N&N" was not a fraud and really does exist. Douglas was signed by Neymar's father's recommendation.

Never thought Montoya would make it at Barca but obviously he doesn't deserve to be chased out of the club for Douglas.

Irish_Cules

Such a strange case. He really did have the potential to be a top right back. I don't agree with the way he is being treated this season but that's 3 managers in a row now who haven't believed in him. There clearly is something not right with him.

Zangash

Banned
Such a strange case. He really did have the potential to be a top right back. I don't agree with the way he is being treated this season but that's 3 managers in a row now who haven't believed in him. There clearly is something not right with him.

Never understood this argument. We've had 3 managers in 3 years who all had their own problems, but it's some unspoken problem with Montoya that's the issue?

He was too raw with Tito. A 20 year old doesn't realistically have a snowball's chance in hell of replacing Alves, especially when Alves was actually good every now and then under Tito. This is also taking into consideration that he'd rather use Song and Adriano at CB than Bartra, and played Alexis over Tello even when Tello had more goals than Alexis (Who had 0) and was consistently putting up better performances prior to Messi's injury.

Tata had a mass youth exodus, despite his claims of the opposite at the start of the season. You could say Tata had no faith in him, but I can say he gave youth players 72 minutes the entire season, and with Montoya barely being any more than a youth player, he had no chance. It's also worth noting that, despite Tata's anti-youth mentality, Montoya still got to play. Lucho flat out refusing to even let Montoya step out on the pitch indicates there is far more problems between them than just not having faith in him. Nobody can realistically say they think Lucho has faith in Douglas, but lo and behold, who got the start against Huesca, and who ended up being the worst player on the pitch?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Lucho flat out refusing to even let Montoya step out on the pitch indicates there is far more problems between them than just not having faith in him. Nobody can realistically say they think Lucho has faith in Douglas, but lo and behold, who got the start against Huesca, and who ended up being the worst player on the pitch?

forget the pitch Lucho isn't even keeping him on the bench. Tata had a shitstorm to deal with last season if it were Lucho instead of Tata, I'd bet everything I have that it would be 100x worse than it was with Tata

Kohe321

Blaming Montoya in this is silly, he has done nothing to deserve this. It's the opposite, he's shown patience and loyalty to his homeclub for a long time and right now the situation for him is just insulting. He has a career to maintain and I completely understand that he wants to leave when he's being treated this way. I mean, he's a homegrown RB with great potential who's time to step up was coming closer now that Alves' contract is expiring, but suddenly he's getting benched by a new signing from Brazil that honestly isn't nearly good enough to play in a top divison in Europe, let alone Barca. Montoya has all the right in the world to be mad at the club.

Ursegor

World Champion
You could say Tata had no faith in him, but I can say he gave youth players 72 minutes the entire season

Which doesn't necessarily prove that Tata didn't have trust in youth. Lucho for example plays youth for the sake of it. Munir starting against Almeria away with Suarez and Neymar on the bench which almost cost Barca 3 points doesn't prove youth acumen on Lucho's part. If Tata didn't deem youth players good enough to begin with, without almost fucking things up, that's fair enough, don't think any B players deserved to get playing time with the first team last season with Samper being very raw and everyone else not being good enough.

Alarcón

Which doesn't necessarily prove that Tata didn't have trust in youth. Lucho for example plays youth for the sake of it. Munir starting against Almeria away with Suarez and Neymar on the bench which almost cost Barca 3 points doesn't prove youth acumen on Lucho's part. If Tata didn't deem youth players good enough to begin with, without almost fucking things up, that's fair enough, don't think any B players deserved to get playing time with the first team last season with Samper being very raw and everyone else not being good enough.

Pep also played youth for the sake of it when there were better options available, sometimes you have to play them even if they're not good enough, to let them grow from the experience. Tata's was just a case of being too anxious to play them because of the pressure, him being an outsider played a big part in that. Lucho just doesn't seem to care.

Home of Barca Fans