Martin Montoya

CuleLife4Life

What if the board is forcing Lucho to play Doglass above Montoya?

If? No if. They are.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for Douglas being in front of Monty in terms of footballing ability.

I'm thinking that its one of 2 things.
1) The shadiness of Neymar's dad "scouting" for us. I'm thinking there are clauses where Douglas has to be at least 2nd choice.
2) Maybe some personal issues with the board. Catalonia isn't that big esp in the footballing scene. Maybe Monty has a disgruntled socio family member making noise like Cases did. I know its a far out idea but its the only thing I can think of.

Rossell, Barto, and Zubi have single handedly managed to ruin a lot of things at this club in a short amount of time. We've come to realize football aspirations aren't important to them but money and business first and foremost. If they can get more cash by playing a nobody like Douglass then they will. If they have issues with Montoya even though he is a talented player, then they will have him benched.

E

El_e8

Leave and when you face Barca try your hardest Montoya. If you score make sure you find a camera and kiss the crest.
In fact you can take a massive dumb at the Camp Nou and I won't blame you. The way he's been treated is just joke.

Neeraj

Not signing CBs for years, making stupid arsenal signings over and over, selling promising players for peanuts, signing injured players, signing random guys from the streets of Brazil, lining pockets with millions of corrupt, stolen, black money, and now this. Am i a terrible person for wishing all the guys involved become unemployed and have to live on the street? I hate the people involved, so, so much.

Richard.H

I hope he becomes a really good rb and absolutely shits on this club and the board. I wouldn't even mind if he joins rm and scores a goal against us. This board deserves it.

BigBarcaBoy

Feel so sorry for him ,you can see the other players feel the same way, I'm sure Douglas knows how a lot of people feel.

L

linetty

I hope he becomes a really good rb and absolutely shits on this club and the board. I wouldn't even mind if he joins rm and scores a goal against us. This board deserves it.
Lol, the hyperbole on here is huge... Montoya is mediocre at best, doesn't really show any signs or even glimpses of some greater potential in him...

Kohe321

Lol, the hyperbole on here is huge... Montoya is mediocre at best, doesn't really show any signs or even glimpses of some greater potential in him...

For one I completely disagree, and also this was what many said about Bartra a couple of seasons ago when he rarely ever played, and look at him now. Montoya has hardly played any games the last couple of seasons, and in the games he did play I think he showed a lot of promise.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

This. Never seen anything in Montoya other than a very average player in everything that he does. Thought I was the only one that saw that. Thank goodness I'm wrong.

anguy

For one I completely disagree, and also this was what many said about Bartra a couple of seasons ago when he rarely ever played, and look at him now. Montoya has hardly played any games the last couple of seasons, and in the games he did play I think he showed a lot of promise.

Not really. Montoya was just average when he played. Bartra was much better once he got the chance. Also centerback usually develop much more slowly, than fullbacks. Fullbacks are often world class already when they reach 20, CBs rarely so.

L

linetty

When did he show 'a lot of promise'?? He's soon to be 24 (in April) and I still rate declining Alves above him.

It's not like we're losing a potential star. He's reasonably far better than Doglas but that doesnt say much.

He's too limited to be a RB at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans